Big.Jaz's Second run, THE QUEST FOR 500!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Big.jazayrli wrote:
DaCookie wrote:Hey you asked for tips, so heres one even though you wont need it.

You said when your doing squat you learned how to fail it properly by dropping to your kness I think you said.I think its a good way aslong as you KEEP YOUR FUCKIN HEELS DOWN.Try keep em as low as possible cause havin a heavy ass barbell slam into the top of them would not be nice.

But like I said, you wont need this advice.
My feet aren't big enough to get hit by the bar :P

the height of the bar landing on the floor is actually above my heels ;)

Thank you though, very thoughtful of you.
wat lol, what size feet are you?Mine are UK 12 so I dunno what that is in US.Easily I wouldnt be able to walk if this happened to me.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Well, today didn't go as well as i expected.

Failed on 460 for squat, though i got eager and didn't do enough warm up sets, so its my own fault. Jumped straight from 405 to 460.. talk about shocking my CNS. Stupid move, i know.

BUT. i definitely locked up and given proper warmup would probably have hit it.

However, for the sake of the next loading pattern - I am going to use 450 as my squat max as well as BW+110 for my Dip max.

Other than that it was a pretty good workout, hit a couple solid EDT blocks, and managed more weight than last time.

Ended my workout with some good jump rope and ab work.

I am slightly disappointed with today.. but I have to blame myself. All is well, i shall get back up and continue.

STRENGTH is to come. Along with victory in October.

BW today: 198.8
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Sometimes I like when I make a big attempt and fail because i get ticked off peel off some lbs and they feel so light i can increase my reps.

Example Loaded 315 on the bench and held it for a little struggled with it came down about and inch off my chest and just hung there fighting with it.

So then I drop to 275 and start nailing some reps. What I guess is you've once again played a trick on your CNS, let your muscles "see" the weight and done a switch up.

Personally I think another trick BP has gotten us so used to hitting PR's that we overreach, which is excellent because it is in that mechanical loop where we are forced to adapt.

Jaz that 500lb may not come as fast as you want but I have no doubt that you will be exceeding that lift in short order my friend.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

thanks for the kind words Hank

Its lame that i didn't hit my max - but i know in good time i will :D
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

For your info about the greens-Yeh they taste pretty bad.The aftertaste is what makes em crap but if you hold your nose its pretty easy to chug it.I use as little water as possible so its easyier to chug.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

DaCookie wrote:For your info about the greens-Yeh they taste pretty bad.The aftertaste is what makes em crap but if you hold your nose its pretty easy to chug it.I use as little water as possible so its easyier to chug.
figured as much. I'm gonna go for the CL ones that bb is starting to carry in the next few weeks. price is pretty reasonable and its 60 servings
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Minor change of plan fellas, KA + BIU dosing will be changed to the following:

1KA + 1 BIU with highest protein/carb meal on off days

2 KA + 2 BIU 60-90 min pre-wo with carbs + protein, 2 KA Post-WO

Help my body respond to the stress ;)
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Big.jazayrli wrote:
DaCookie wrote:For your info about the greens-Yeh they taste pretty bad.The aftertaste is what makes em crap but if you hold your nose its pretty easy to chug it.I use as little water as possible so its easyier to chug.
figured as much. I'm gonna go for the CL ones that bb is starting to carry in the next few weeks. price is pretty reasonable and its 60 servings
This is absolutely delicious btw.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Hey Rob, any negatives to using Tiger Balm? have you heard of it?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Never used it. Can't imagine any negatives to it. Let us know!!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Its definitely very soothing. I like the feeling of it. almost reminds me of Vicks rub if any of you have used it. (scent-wise)

i'm gonna get a hold of the extra strength one and see how it does
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good tip and thanks for sharing!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:Good tip and thanks for sharing!
Yeah its good stuff for sure. And doesn't take much for quick relief!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Today was a good workout for sure! Feels good to hit the weights again after a few days off. I definitely overestimated my strength on dips though - the workout reflects as such and i'm gonna have to lower my original thoughts for the max. Its ok though - still a great workout. Workout was as follows:

Squats: 295 3x3
SLDL (elevated feet): 225 2x5

Dips: 70x2x10
Pullovers: 75x2x5

EDT Blocks:

Chinups BW: 6/6/6/5/5
SS DB Sh. Press 65 lb: 6/6/6/6/5

Reverse Grip BB Row 170 lb: 6/6/6/6/6
SS DB Shrugs 100lb: 6/6/6/5/4

Overall this workout felt great, and i wrapped it all up with 10 minutes on the stepmill in "fat burner" mode... feelsgoodman. :)