Big.Jaz's Second run, THE QUEST FOR 500!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Big.jazayrli

Big.Jaz's Second run, THE QUEST FOR 500!

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Alright guys, im back from vacation! Fat, happy, and rested! And ready to go on this push for my 500 squat!

Primary Goal: 500 Squat
Secondary Goals: Fat loss/body recomp, Upper Body Hypertrophy (Mainly shoulders)

For those of you that chimed in on my last short run of the blueprint, Welcome Back! If not, I appreciate those of you who are here, I love all the support I can get, and I hope I can achieve what i have set out to do. On my last run, i definitely slacked. This is not going to happen this time. Strength building while continuing fat loss is not only a goal, its what is going to happen.

My ultimate goal is a squat and DL of 500 lbs and a Bench of at least 300 without pain. (Ambitious, but possible)

This run has been in the planning for a while, and its going to be a combination of the 10% solution for my lower body (via squats), and EDT blocks for my upper body following every workout. I will also be incorporating a bi-weekly Rack Pull for some serious overload. I may or may not include an extra day of rest following this, as its going to be HAAARD. Such is the plan :)

Unfortunately i have a strained (and possibly torn) rotator cuff in my left shoulder and as such i cannot do any lateral raises or forward pressing motions, which eliminates a few workouts. I will be replacing them with others, but this constraint pushes me more towards "hypertrophy" workouts rather than strength workouts. (I.E. Dips and pushups as opposed to Varying Bench workouts). But i have also heard great things about dips recently, so we'll see how those work out. I can do vertical shoulder presses, and i will be including these and shrugs as my primary shoulder workouts, twice per week in an EDT fashion.

My supplementation for this feast phase is going to be vast, i have definitely invested in this run of the blueprint, and it is going to pay off. Here is a basic run down of what i have so far and/or will be getting soon.

-Bioforge Pro Max (6/day MEGAdose as recommended by THEHUGE)
-MASS Kre-Anabolyn (2/day pre/post WO)
-MASS Burn it UP! (probably gonna save for cruise)
-Scivation pure whey protein
-XF UP2.0
-Kre Alkalyn (to fill any gaps, not sure if necessary)
-Bulk BCAA's
-WaxiMaize Powder
-Gaspari Anavite (Multi/Beta alanine/L-Carnitine)
-Animal FLEX
-Various energy/preWO products including (but not limited to): Black Cats, Anadraulic State GT, Thermostat, Ultima, Bullnox - i will try to use these sparingly, as i do not want to develop a dependance.

I have saved for a while to get the funding for this blueprint run, i am gonna tear this shit up!

I will post details regarding my famine/feast diets and workouts in the coming days, i just wanted to get the beginning of the wealth of information about me out there :)

Also if i feel it is worthwhile, i will post the progress pictures (that i am going to take - just hoping to see some upper body hypertrophy)

Thanks for reading guys, I need all the help i can get.

Coming Friday - Here... We... Go.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Awesome write up and I'm super excited for this, as I'm sure you are!

One suggestion: I'm having shoulder issues too and found SuperCissusRx and incredible benefit. Shocked really at how fast and how much it has helped.

Otherwise, you're loaded for bear. So let's get this party started!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:Awesome write up and I'm super excited for this, as I'm sure you are!

One suggestion: I'm having shoulder issues too and found SuperCissusRx and incredible benefit. Shocked really at how fast and how much it has helped.

Otherwise, you're loaded for bear. So let's get this party started!
thank you for the suggestion, i'll try to add that in later, but at the moment my funds are ENTIRELY tapped out. We'll see what i can scrape together though
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Dont need big dosage on the Super Cissus either. Lower does is analgesic higher it is said to be anabolic
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

would there be any disadvantage to just using a pure cissus supplement?

i find $/serving in something like primaforce cissus to be significantly better
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

So here's the plan for my workout program for feast, i don't have the specifics worked out yet, but this is the general idea of what's going to go down.

Monday: 10% solution squats, Shoulders, Chest, Back, and Bis EDT

Tuesday: Long Distance Cardio? HIIT?

Wednesday: 10% solution squats, Tris, Back, and calves EDT

Thursday: Long Distance Cardio? HIIT?

Friday or Saturday: 10% solution squats, Shoulders, Chest, back and bis EDT

Anybody have any thoughts regarding my workout program? If I'm hitting back 3 times a week will it be too much volume? I feel my recovery is going to be insane between the intraworkout BCAA's/carbs and the bioforge promax and KA.

The tuesday/thursday cardio workouts will be nominal, though i think i will feel up to them, because i want to recomp a bit throughout this process. I will for sure be including about 10 min of jumprope at the end of my monday/weds/friday workouts, i really feel jumprope is a great form of cardio.

Every second Friday/saturday workout i will also be including a nice heavy set of rack pulls. Not sure on what rep/set scheme i want to use here, if you could chime in here Rob and enlighten me, I'd appreciate it :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Monday: 10% solution squats, Shoulders, Chest, Back, and Bis EDT

Tuesday: Long Distance Cardio? HIIT?

A. Long distance, but by that I mean not more than 20-30 min tops. Even better - light to moderate sled dragging for 20 min to get the soreness out.

Wednesday: 10% solution squats, Tris, Back, and calves EDT

Thursday: Long Distance Cardio? HIIT?

A. HIIT

Friday or Saturday: 10% solution squats, Shoulders, Chest, back and bis EDT

Anybody have any thoughts regarding my workout program?

A. Generally speaking, expect to insert an extra rest day here or there with this loading pattern Check out page 68 and the link to the spreadsheet I've provided in The Blueprint. God I love that thing, and fear it's been overlooked.

If I'm hitting back 3 times a week will it be too much volume?
I feel my recovery is going to be insane between the intraworkout BCAA's/carbs and the bioforge promax and KA.

A. You're likely correct in your suspicions. Play it by ear and be mindful of including less demanding back work (machines, not too much lower back, movements with the lower back supported etc). The back is a HUGE muscle group and your squats are already taxing the overall energy system. Be prepared to drop some back work but do so knowing full well you're getting plenty of extra work elsewhere!

The tuesday/thursday cardio workouts will be nominal, though i think i will feel up to them, because i want to recomp a bit throughout this process. I will for sure be including about 10 min of jumprope at the end of my monday/weds/friday workouts, i really feel jumprope is a great form of cardio.

Every second Friday/saturday workout i will also be including a nice heavy set of rack pulls. Not sure on what rep/set scheme i want to use here, if you could chime in here Rob and enlighten me, I'd appreciate it :)

A. These should be RP's at the very top range, top 1 or 2" and they should either be static holds or for very low reps. Consider alternating the following:

1. One workout where you hold an extremely heavy weight for 5-10 seconds and

2.) One workout where you work up to pulling maximum weight for 3-5 reps

Again, the range should be very limited (inches) but the weight incredibly heavy. This builds an immense full body contraction, heightens the golgi tendon threshold and hardens the overall physique.

There's no studies I'm aware of that supports this but damn, I feel and look bigger & harder after I do these. Immediately after and the next day too. Maybe it's psychological and it's just the weight on the bar but when you've moved 800 - 1000lbs even for a few inches..... fanfreakintastic.

Check out Draco's log and the BP training forum. GREAT thread there on them..
[/b]
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Thanks Rob, appreciate it.

For the static hold or multiple rep Pulls, i just want one set, right?

A friend of mine is purchasing the blueprint tonight, by the way. Went ahead and spread the good word (second best good word, that is ;) )

on a sidenote: Unfortunately, sled dragging is out of the picture. Don't really have the stuff to throw one of those together. Not yet anyway, i plan to eventually.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Many thanks man. Is his name Alex?

1 to 2 sets (no more) of the statics/low rep partials are recommended. Hope that helps!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:Many thanks man. Is his name Alex?

1 to 2 sets (no more) of the statics/low rep partials are recommended. Hope that helps!

His name is Chris
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

BOOM Famine started today

just thinking about it makes me hungry

its okay though, 6 days from now i will be primed and ready for extreme muscle growth.

Lets get it on! I will start the workouts tomorrow

Beginning BW: 201.8

sidenote to Hank!: these sweet potatoes are awesome.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Diet is pretty on mark today, mostly carbs, only 15 grams of protein, and less than 1600 calories. Pretty solid.

Didn't workout today, but I will tomorrow, i setup my famine/first 3 days of feast in such a way that my feast workouts fall monday/weds/fri(sat)

Feeling good so far. Not too hungry yet. Got my detox tea by my side and ready to go for monday though.

On a sidenote: Passed my final test to become a server at my restaurant tonight. woot woot more money for kre-anabolyn :P
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Congrats! Looks good man can't wait for this...
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:Congrats! Looks good man can't wait for this...
I'm right there with you man.

Update: Went for a short run this morning through some local hills, felt good to get the blood flowing. Headed to the gym to do famine workout #1 now though.

Had an apple and a banana so far today, probably gonna do a mug of coffee right now for the sake of a good workout