Clean foods in feast?

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
symchykp

Clean foods in feast?

Post by symchykp »

The mixed drink Rob suggests has 1,000 calories....and cream?? not too 'clean' from my point of view. Since this is the case, how are 'dirty' foods to eat within the first few days of feast? Do you suggest around 10% of the diet be 'dirty'? if so, where does this drink fall in? dirty? or clean?

Thanks,

Kyle
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

HI Kyle,

First 10 days of feast can actually be "dirty" due to fat burning enzymes still being active from Famine. When I say dirty I mean real dirty.. 30% fat sometimes.

If cream is the issue in you shake, no problem. Replace equal amount of calories with waxy maize, pure karbolyn or like carbohydrate. They won't "show" on you like maltodextrin and provide plenty "clean" fuel you seek.

There's always a way. If it doesn't come to mind, I'm here to help you find it!
craw69

Post by craw69 »

Rob,

Would you care to elaborate a little more on "...waxy maize, pure karbolyn or like carbohydrate. They won't "show" on you like maltodextrin..."?

Is it related with a lower insulemic response and/or calorie repartioning (dunno if this is the correct name)?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Maltodextrin tends to impart water being held extra-cellulary (under the skin). It's really a crap shoot.

Maltodextrin is a fancy term for starches that have been "chopped". Some are very short chain chops and others long. You never really know for sure though and its a safe bet that if it's sweet, they're the shorter chains. Not good for your body comp or health. At 50cents/lb supp companies love to use it as "filler".

The Pure Karbolyns of the world used modified starches from potato, corn and other sources cut to very specific lengths to impart an entirely different effect in terms of osmolity, absorbtion and speed of movement through the gastrointestinal tract. They also don't leave you feeling like crap i.e. they manage your blood sugar better. I.E. my glucometer comments (not sure if it was this thread).

More expensive? Yes. Worth your dollar to do so? Absolutely, IMO...
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Rob, would you say it is more benificial to eat ''Dirty'' the first 10 days, or just acceptable?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Acceptable.

You need to understand that enzyme turnover doesn't "catch up" until about the 10 day mark (in most). Now obviously if you're an endomorph looking to cut/recomp don't try this.

If you're an ecto though or ecto/meso mix go for it....
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

It needs to be cleaner then that, at least...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQX2kC1j ... r_embedded
warriorcookie

Post by warriorcookie »

lol,

"It's not a race, you're both going to die at the end of this sandwich..."

Awesome.
nigh70wl

Post by nigh70wl »

Rob, what is your recommendation for calorie % of total intake between carbs/protein/fats, both for the first week and a half of Feast, and thereafter for the rest of that stage? You mentioned the first 10 days can include up to 30% fat cals - I am figuring that means carbs and protein probably evenly split the remaining 70%?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Largely depends upon the goal but here are some general guidelines...

You can get away with some dirty bulking the first 10-12 days or so, depending upon somatype. Obviously, ectomorphs can indulge in more fattie fat/satan sugar tag team affairs vs. meso/endomorphs. The reason being... enzyme turnover hasn't caught up yet to start laying down fat.

If you're on a carb based diet and looking to build muscle with minimimal, if any fat gain (and who isn't? :)) I'd suggest the following:

60% Carbohydrate
25% Protein
15% Healthy fats

No less than 20% of your daily caloric intake on TRAINING DAYS should come in the form of "The Formula". If you don't have that already, PM me and I'll get it to you. Also, please include the name you bought under at paypal and the month you purchased. Apologize for this but I'm looking out for everyone's investment in The BP... and hopefully yours too.

RATIONALE: The Feast workouts 1-5 bridge sessions and ensuing loading patterns and associated EDT blocks take a LOT of fuel. That fuel NEEDS to come from carbohydrate in most cases (there are exceptions) but 95% of the time, that's how it should be..

Hope that helps!