Urban Monk's Reincarnation Blueprint

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Urban Monk

Urban Monk's Reincarnation Blueprint

Post by Urban Monk »

The blueprint. Often discussed, rarely followed; I feel I've discovered a gold mine here. While some might say its in the wealth of information collected in the blueprint e-book, I actually say Rob himself is the treasure here.

I've been talking to Rob on and off this year, and he has always been patient answering questions. Even with the stress he is undergoing lately; he has been answer my inoordinate amount of questions.

Because of this, I decided to take Rob up on his personal training offer and had Rob design a specialized program for me based on my personal goals.

Now, this is somewhat different from what you see in the normal blueprint manual. When I contacted Rob, I told him I had I had 3 goals in descending order:

1. Lose fat
2. Add lean muscle mass
3. Maintain or Increase Strength

Rob has pulled out some tricks from his arsenal, and together we are going to approach a 10 week period in which I'm ready to be reborn, both physically and mentally.

Let's get to it...
Urban Monk

Starting Stats

Post by Urban Monk »

This is where i'm beginning. Keep in mind, I have cut from 254 to about 190 in the past year. Now its time to actually shine through. I will be detailing each individual phase in great detail, and look forward to feedback from you all.

Urban Monk's Stats: (As of waking 9/1/10)

All measurements taken cold.

Height: 6.0'
Weight: 193 Lbs
BF %: ~16-17%
Chest Measurement (around shoulders): 49.5''
Chest Measurement (underarms): 40"
Arms: 14"
Stomach (around navel) 36"
Waist: 36"
Thigh/Quad: 24"

Heartrate (upon waking): 48 bpm
Urban Monk

Starting Pictures

Post by Urban Monk »

Coming
Urban Monk

Famine: Day 1

Post by Urban Monk »

Today (9/1/10) marked the beginning of my blueprint run:

I approached my diet in the following fashion:

Meal 1: (3:30 PM) 450 calories of fruit and vegetabls
Supplements 1: A, B, C, D, E, Green Tea, DHA Capsules, CLA Capsules, Cissus, Elastamine, Magnesium Potassium Asparate

Meal 2: (10:00 PM) 1100 calories. Carrot Juice, Kefir, Nut Mix, 50grams Coconut Oil, Carrots, 20 grams Lecithin
Supplements 2: Trader Joes Greens Powder, A, B, C, D, E, Green Tea, DHA Capsules, CLA Capsules, Cissus, Elastamine, Magnesium Potassium Asparate

Other miscellaneous supplements used: Taurine, ZMA, Probiotic

As far as workouts go:

Workout 1: (7:00 PM) Played 1 hour of Flag Football
Workout 2: (9:00 PM) Weights (2 minute rest between all sets)

1. Squats, followed by one armed dumbell rows:
a. (205x4), (205x4), (195x5)
b. (75x4), (75x4), (75x5)

2. Bodyweight Chin-Ups
BWx5

3. Barbell Curl
85x5

4. Incline Dumbell Curl
30x5

5. Standing Dumbell Curl
35x5

6. Standing Hammer Cable Press
100x5

Overall thoughts:

Today wasn't terrible. Workout was short and sweet although taxing after playing football. I wonder if taking in 450 calories just via coconut oil is an ok thing to do. Would love feedback from everyone.
awisler

Post by awisler »

I would imagine it's fine to take those 450 in from coconut oil. Calories are calories for the most part, I will definitely follow this one, I have some similar goals and might adapt some changes you make on my second BP run. Good luck!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great start and looking forward to this for sure. Following along daily..

Way to go man. That's an incredible work you've done already and we're going to take it to the next level with your customized program.
Urban Monk

Famine: Day 2

Post by Urban Monk »

Meal 1: (2:30 PM) 500 calories of fruit and vegetables
Supplements 1: A, B, C, D, E, Green Tea, DHA Capsules, CLA Capsules, Cissus, Elastamine, Magnesium Potassium Asparate

Meal 2: (6:00 PM) 500 calories of fruit and vegetables Carrot Juice, Kefir, Nut Mix, 15grams Coconut Oil, Carrots, 20 grams Lecithin
Supplements 2: Trader Joes Greens Powder, A, B, C, D, E, Green Tea, DHA Capsules, CLA Capsules, Cissus, Elastamine, Magnesium Potassium Asparate

Meal 3: (10:00PM) 500 calories of vegetables and coconut oil
Supplements 3: Trader Joes Greens Powder, A, B, C, D, E, Green Tea, DHA Capsules, CLA Capsules, Cissus, Elastamine, Magnesium Potassium Asparate, NAC

As far as workouts go:

Walked for one hour with a 20 lb weightvest on. Covered 4 miles.

Overall thoughts:

Felt decent today. Heartrate upon waking was 50BPM.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow. Great RHR.

You're in great shape man :)
Urban Monk

Post by Urban Monk »

RobRegish wrote:Wow. Great RHR.

You're in great shape man :)
Haha thanks. The spare tire around my gut would say otherwise.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That'll be going bye bye soon enough :)
Urban Monk

Famine: Day 3

Post by Urban Monk »

Meal 1: (2:30 PM) 8 ounces of carrot juice and one apple

Meal 2: (4:00 PM) 300 Calories. Plums, Trail mix

Meal 3: (9:30 PM) 1000 Calories: 300 grams of potato, some nut mix, kefir, 20 grams of lecithin, 500 grams of green beans 20 grams coconut oil
Trader Joes Greens Powder, B, C, Green Tea, DHA Capsules, CLA Capsules, Cissus, Elastamine, Magnesium Potassium Asparate

As far as workouts go:

Workout 1: (8:00 PM) Weights (1-2 minute rest between all sets)

1. Dumbell bench press followed by Seated shoulder press
a. (70x8), (65x8), (65x8), (55x8)
b. (45x8), (45x8), (40x8), (30x8)

2. Close Grip Bench Press
115x8

3. Skullcrushers
65x10

4. Tricep Cable Pushdowns
85x10

5. Two-Arm Dumbbell Tricep Extensions
50x8

6. Incline Dumbell Tricep Extension
20x8 (Each arm)

Overall thoughts:

Starting to feel tired. I really needed a nap this afternoon, but avoided it so I could try to get into proper "panic" mode. I also have noticed excessive sweating at night. I wonder if this is a byproduct of this famine.

Waking heartrate this morning: 50BPM
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah, the fatigue is typical. We're right on target here... creating the stress necessary for your body to adapt to.

Proceed with caution as always. Health first. You're incredibly active so if you need that nap take it. I have no doubt you'll do it justice. Just always, always err on the side of caution.

You can't make gains if you're sick.
Urban Monk

Famine: Day 4

Post by Urban Monk »

Meal 1: (2:30 PM) 500 calories of fruit and vegetables

Meal 2: (6:00 PM) 500 calories of fruit and vegetables Carrot Juice, Hummus Nut Mix, 15grams Coconut Oil, Carrots,

Meal 3: (10:00PM) 500 calories of vegetables, 20 grams Lecithin, Hummus, Avocado
Supplements 3: Trader Joes Greens Powder, A, B, C, D, E, Green Tea, DHA Capsules, CLA Capsules, Cissus, Elastamine, Magnesium Potassium Asparate, NAC

As far as workouts go:

Walked for one hour and fifteen with a 20 lb weightvest on. Covered 5 miles.

Overall thoughts:

Woke up today and felt like shit. Was absolutely depressed. I called up a friend at 9 am this morning and asked him to go for a walk w/ me. Felt LOADS better after walking outside along the river for over an hour. Got my sunshine in and it was a productive day afterwards!

Heartrate upon waking was: 54 BPM
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent. You can see RHR already rising.

For example... you started at 50 beats per min on average. It's already up to 54 beats per minute. Now ideally it gets to 8bpm higher than average BUT, considering your outstanding condition when starting.. you're likely there already.

You see, lots of programs can fudge "results" by just suggesting the trainee do something different. Psychologically, this has an effect and the user feels they're making progress.

The Blueprint is the real deal. Why? We use OBJECTIVE diagnostic measures to ensure your physiology is really being impacted. In other words, there are no "tricks" to make you think something is happening. Something really is happening.... homeostasis is being disrupted (mildly) to tee you up to achieve your goals in the phases to come.

One final note: As I always counsel, TAKE CARE during workout #3. If you at all feel sick, "off" or just not right - discontinue. HEALTH FIRST.

Great work man. GREAT work!