Training question. ( I'm new)

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Justin

Training question. ( I'm new)

Post by Justin »

hey everyone, i just ordered the blueprint and finished reading it for the second time around. I must say it is a little confusing but a great read and im very happy i was able to find this on BB. it looks very interesting with some solid science behind it.

okay well my question is for the feast/cruise states i know your focusing your workout on two key lifts however how about your other body parts how will you work them out equally? for example the traps,rear delts, bi/tri ,lats, etc.

i've heard bout EDT and it is interesting however aren't u suppose to focus on chest and back for it? or am i wrong i just feel very confused right now... i think im going to go read a bunch of logs soon to help me out :p

i might be completely missing something out but if so can anyone help me out? I'm currently taking 7 days of rest and trying to get all the information possible before i start my very own BP run?
Big.jazayrli

Re: Training question. ( I'm new)

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Justin wrote:hey everyone, i just ordered the blueprint and finished reading it for the second time around. I must say it is a little confusing but a great read and im very happy i was able to find this on BB. it looks very interesting with some solid science behind it.

okay well my question is for the feast/cruise states i know your focusing your workout on two key lifts however how about your other body parts how will you work them out equally? for example the traps,rear delts, bi/tri ,lats, etc.

i've heard bout EDT and it is interesting however aren't u suppose to focus on chest and back for it? or am i wrong i just feel very confused right now... i think im going to go read a bunch of logs soon to help me out :p

i might be completely missing something out but if so can anyone help me out? I'm currently taking 7 days of rest and trying to get all the information possible before i start my very own BP run?
EDT blocks can either be the bulk of your workout program, or simply supplemental, it all depends on how you want to set things up and what your goals are.

this is directily from the blueprint regarding EDT:
"This particular program is superb for those seeking pure muscle hypertrophy. It will give you a solid, easily understood template... to maximize growth"

Basically saying, its more of a size builder than a strength builder
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I'm using EDT exclusively now for the summer and finding it incredibly effective. If you're all into hypertropy and especially recomp, EDT for the win!
Justin

Post by Justin »

thanks guys. Because i want to make mass and size my primary goal for my first BP run, saying that i was concerned with the amount of times you workout per week and how you hit some muscles ( traps rear delts , etc)??

i was wondering what would happen if you incorporated a different workout program during the feast! would you not get the same type of results

for example i find layne nortons routine somewhat similar since it has the heavy days which i would incorporate you style to i to always increase my 1 rep max.

Day One, Upper Power:
3 or 4 Compound pressing and pulling movements, 3-5 sets in the 5 rep range, and 1 Accessory Movement

Day Two, Lower Power:
2 or 3 Squatting and Deadlifting movements, 3-5 sets in the 5 rep range, and 1 Accessory Movement

Day Three, Off

Day Four, Hypertrophy Chest/Arms:
3 Benching movements, 2-3 sets in the 8-12 rep range. 1-2 reps short of failure.
3 Supersets consisting of 2 exercises each, 3 biceps and 3 triceps, 3 sets in the 8-12 range, 1-2 reps short of failure.
1 Chest accessory exercises, 3 sets, 8-12 reps, 1-2 reps short of failure.

Day Five, Hypertrophy Shoulders/Back/Traps:
4 Supersets consisting of 2 exercises each, 3 Shoulders and 3 Backs in the 8-12 reps range, and 2 Traps in the 10-15 rep range, 2-3 sets each. 1-2 reps short of failure.
1 Optional Back compound, 2 sets in the 8-12 rep range, 1-2 reps short of failure.

Day Six, Hypertrophy Legs/Calves:
2 Supersets consisting of 2-3 exercises each, 4-5 sets in the 8-15 range. 1-2 reps short of failure.

Day Seven, Off
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

By all means..

I encourage experimentation like this. Big time. Why? The Blueprint lends more "punch" to your favorite routines!

Believe it!!
Justin

Post by Justin »

so you think this would be a good idea to go on during my feast mode? in your personal experience do you believe it will be good for mass?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I have no practical experience with that program. The one thing as I look at it I'd be concerned with is it's frequency. That's ME though. I'd be over-training on that.

You youngenz though.... might be able to do it :)
Justin

Post by Justin »

haha, I will give it a shot then for my first BP run.. if I'm correct it doesn't really matter which routine you incorporate after a famine, your results will always be better as long as you diet,sleep and train hard?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

To a point... You still need the fundamentals: Intensity, Volume and Frequency all designed to accomplish...

1. Overload!

Only overload stimulates muscle growth. We've known this for OVER a hundred years but it's been lost. Now the key is what type. 1RM/limit strength? Total tonnage? Pounds per minute via PFT or EDT?

Overload is the qualifier. To this, I'd add frequency management. As your strength grows so too does the stress on your body. This takes time to recover from. Try the opposite for example. Attempt total tonnage sessions every single day and see how far that gets you. I'm being flippant but only to make a point.

It has been said that it's not the notes but the spaces in between that make the music. Always remember that...
Justin

Post by Justin »

hmm very interesting maybey I'll try to change the program to incorporate it with your methods for example the 1 RPM method i can use on the Upper power for BP like you write about and for lower dead lift n squats, and use the EDT in my hypertrophy days