Overview of supplements for my short BP run

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
Big.jazayrli

Overview of supplements for my short BP run

Post by Big.jazayrli »

So im gonna run a 1 week famine with a 3 week "feast" of sorts, though as rob has directed me to do, my calories will alternate 100%/70% due to my desire to recomp.

On that thought; Rob, would i want to consume 100% of my base calorie level for the first 3 days after the famine? Or would i want more?

Anyway, back to the main point here. Please give your thoughts on my My supplements i'm planning on using:

During Famine:
1. Multivitamin (I use orange triad which has joint support in it, is that ok?)
2. Lecithin (I'm gonna try to find this at a local health food shop)
3. Detox Tea (I LOVE this stuff)
4. Digestive enzymes (would these be beneficial?)
5. Stimulants to promote my willingness to do cardio (I have some yohimbine HCL and scifit procuts, are these ok to take just during this week?)

During Feast:
1. Scifit Krealkalyn (I'm planning on 3g/day split into two 1.5g doses)
2. Uniliver (Maybe 3 of these, 3x daily?)
3. Xtend (I have a 30 serving tub im gonna use 3 scoops of [18g BCAA] on the 3 on/3 off loading pattern)
4. Bulk BCAA's (Will use this when i deplete the xtend
5. Pure Ecdysterones [300mg tabs] (This was my main question, these seem to be a bit more reasonable price wise and claim to be 100% pure, what are your thoughts?)
6. Obviously Protein powder, maybe 100+g worth daily
7. Digestive enzymes (I have a 180ct from NOW in my cupboard :))

This run of BP for me is only going to consist of 1 week famine/3 week "feast" so it isn't going to be the best. I want to get a feel for the program though before i run it after my trip and really KILL it :) I am gonna hopefully save for a bit so i can run bioforgev2 with possibly kreanabolyn for my second run through the BP! should make a killer stack if the BFV2 ever makes it to the market.. lol

Anyway, appreciate your input!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

During Famine:
1. Multivitamin (I use orange triad which has joint support in it, is that ok?) - YES
2. Lecithin (I'm gonna try to find this at a local health food shop)
3. Detox Tea (I LOVE this stuff)
4. Digestive enzymes (would these be beneficial?) - YES
5. Stimulants to promote my willingness to do cardio (I have some yohimbine HCL and scifit procuts, are these ok to take just during this week?) - Careful with Yohimbine HCL. See The Blueprint for more details! Both are OK IF you tolerate them!

During Feast:
1. Scifit Krealkalyn (I'm planning on 3g/day split into two 1.5g doses)
2. Uniliver (Maybe 3 of these, 3x daily?) - See The Blueprint for liver tabs dosing during Feast.
3. Xtend (I have a 30 serving tub im gonna use 3 scoops of [18g BCAA] on the 3 on/3 off loading pattern) - Good man. Try to get that up a bit though, even if you have to cut it short/order more.
4. Bulk BCAA's (Will use this when i deplete the xtend
5. Pure Ecdysterones [300mg tabs] (This was my main question, these seem to be a bit more reasonable price wise and claim to be 100% pure, what are your thoughts?)
A. Wow. I need to know the brand and the source plant. At that dose/claimed purity I am highly skeptical but will reserve judgement until I know more. With Ecdy, you for sure get what you pay for.

6. Obviously Protein powder, maybe 100+g worth daily
7. Digestive enzymes (I have a 180ct from NOW in my cupboard )

This run of BP for me is only going to consist of 1 week famine/3 week "feast" so it isn't going to be the best. I want to get a feel for the program though before i run it after my trip and really KILL it I am gonna hopefully save for a bit so i can run bioforgev2 with possibly kreanabolyn for my second run through the BP! should make a killer stack if the BFV2 ever makes it to the market.. lol

A. Good deal. This should be considered a trial run and if nothing else, get you acclimated to Famine :)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Gosh... I'm hesitant to post because I don't like the idea of going out of my way to bash specific products.

That said, sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

I have seen several independent HPLC lab analysis tests as well as simple individual trials over the years which clearly show the vast majority of liver tabs on the market to be essentially worthless.

Some in particular do not come remotely close to label claim (despite the mega marketing machine behind them) and in fact never dissolve into suspension!

Nature’s Life has a great rep and test scores to back it. Beverly International and Dave Draper are the only other two brands of liver tabs that I could in good faith recommend to anyone. Note that all of these run $40+ for 500 tabs.

Excerpts from a 2005 individual trial I found in our files-

When I first began this experiment, I picked up a bottle of desiccated liver tablets from my local Whole Foods store. The only brand of desiccated liver that they carried was “Nature’s Life Beef Liver”. I began by taking 2 tablets every couple of hours, until I was taking about 6 tablets 4-5 times a day.

After two weeks of this regime with the “Nature’s Life” brand, the things I noticed most, from a workout & personal perspective, were the increased stamina, increased energy, quicker recovery times, and less DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).

I later purchased “Universal Uni-Liver”, “Beverly International Ultra-40”, and “NOW Liver,” which seemed to be the more popular brands that I could find. I used each one over a three week period to see if there were a better response from one brand or the other based on my own personal experience.

Interestingly, it seemed I got a better response from my first default choice, “Nature’s Life Beef Liver”, followed somewhat by “Beverly International’s Ultra-40”.

I didn't notice any of the beneficial effects that I had previously, while using “NOW Liver” or “Universal Uni-Liver” tablets. Hmmmm.

Also, some of these tablets, most notably “Universal’s Uni-Liver”, are probably some of the largest tablets you may ever attempt to swallow.

Tablet Dissolving Test
================

I was curious about how effective these tablets were, considering the size and hardness of some of them, and the fact that the NOW and Universal brands provided no perceived benefits to me in my individual 3-week tests. I was curious as to why. So, I set up a dissolving test for each tablet suspecting that might be the problem.

A healthy human stomach is acidic, in the range of 1.5 to 3.5 pH, on average.

I placed each tablet in a hydrochloric acid solution with a pH value of 2.5.

Interestingly, the Uni-Liver and Nature’s Life tablets both floated, while the other two sunk to the bottom. In addition, the NOW Liver tablet began bubbling almost immediately. All of this is probably related to the different binding ingredients used in each brand of tablet.

Now, after 35 minutes, here’s what we have:

This isn’t completely scientific, because I haven’t completely duplicated the process of the stomach, in that I did not provide any type of mixing or churning action that the stomach would naturally do while digesting food, and I didn’t keep the temperature at approximately 99 degrees as would be the case in a healthy stomach.

However, I now had some evidence as to why the “Nature’s Life” product was the best performing product of my test group. It naturally dissolved faster than any of the other products, and thus allowing more complete absorption. You can also see that the “Beverly International” product is in a state of dissolving as well.

Even more interesting, is that the “Universal Uni-Liver” product never showed any signs of dissolving. I continued to allow these samples to sit for another 2 hours – of course, after 2 hours these would have long vacated your stomach, but in the interest of curiosity I continued on. At the end of the 2 hours time, all the other products had dissolved completely, except the “Uni-Liver” product...

As far as the Ecdysterone 300 goes... To be nice about it, it isn't RCE by a long shot and hits about the same standard as the many generic Ecdysterone products of yesteryear when everyone "in the know" was using $79 a bottle Zebutol.

Here's more on that from Rob himself, along with our bold guarantee of provable results that you'll never see anyone else offer- https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/rhaponticum-carthamoides.html

Not to push Kre-Anabolyn too much, but it does also cover the Kre-Alkalyn for you and 3g a day is excessive in my opinion outside of maybe a 300 lb. powerlifter.

Best regards and wishing you a fantastic BP run, Big J.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:Careful with Yohimbine HCL. See The Blueprint for more details! Both are OK IF you tolerate them!

i just wanted to make sure that this won't decrease my results. i am EXTREMELY stimulant tolerant, so that's not an issue.

3. Xtend (I have a 30 serving tub im gonna use 3 scoops of [18g BCAA] on the 3 on/3 off loading pattern) - Good man. Try to get that up a bit though, even if you have to cut it short/order more.

will do, i'll aim for maybe 25-30g a day then

5. Pure Ecdysterones [300mg tabs] (This was my main question, these seem to be a bit more reasonable price wise and claim to be 100% pure, what are your thoughts?) A. Wow. I need to know the brand and the source plant. At that dose/claimed purity I am highly skeptical but will reserve judgement until I know more. With Ecdy, you for sure get what you pay for.

The brand is actually sci-fit. The price isn't the cheapest i've ever seen, and i typically would trust their products. I figured i might as well give it a test run and see how it compares to kre-anabolyn when i have that later.

A. Good deal. This should be considered a trial run and if nothing else, get you acclimated to Famine :)
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

askmass wrote: As far as the Ecdysterone 300 goes... To be nice about it, it isn't RCE by a long shot and hits about the same standard as the many generic Ecdysterone products of yesteryear when everyone "in the know" was using $79 a bottle Zebutol.

Here's more on that from Rob himself, along with our bold guarantee of provable results that you'll never see anyone else offer- https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/rhaponticum-carthamoides.html

Not to push Kre-Anabolyn too much, but it does also cover the Kre-Alkalyn for you and 3g a day is excessive in my opinion outside of maybe a 300 lb. powerlifter.

Well i just found a ridiculous deal on the kre-alk from a local guy, and wouldn't want to sell myself short by not running a full run of blueprint with the kre-anabolyn. Though i definitely plan to do this as soon as i return from my trip.

and maybe i'll look into some other liver tabs!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

i just wanted to make sure that this won't decrease my results. i am EXTREMELY stimulant tolerant, so that's not an issue.

A. OK, in that event it shouldn't hurt anything.

will do, i'll aim for maybe 25-30g a day then.

A. Good, good :)

5. Pure Ecdysterones [300mg tabs] (This was my main question, these seem to be a bit more reasonable price wise and claim to be 100% pure, what are your thoughts?) A. Wow. I need to know the brand and the source plant. At that dose/claimed purity I am highly skeptical but will reserve judgement until I know more. With Ecdy, you for sure get what you pay for.

The brand is actually sci-fit. The price isn't the cheapest i've ever seen, and i typically would trust their products. I figured i might as well give it a test run and see how it compares to kre-anabolyn when i have that later.

A. I've got to tell you, Sci-Fit has some good and some AWFUL products. It's my opinion that this Ecdy fits the latter. I'm open to your experience though.. Just that everyone I've ever spoken to that' used it saw zilch. Sci-Fit does some things well. Herbs IMO, aren't one of them. Still, I wish you the best!

A. Good deal. This should be considered a trial run and if nothing else, get you acclimated to Famine
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:i just wanted to make sure that this won't decrease my results. i am EXTREMELY stimulant tolerant, so that's not an issue.

A. OK, in that event it shouldn't hurt anything.

will do, i'll aim for maybe 25-30g a day then.

A. Good, good :)

A. I've got to tell you, Sci-Fit has some good and some AWFUL products. It's my opinion that this Ecdy fits the latter. I'm open to your experience though.. Just that everyone I've ever spoken to that' used it saw zilch. Sci-Fit does some things well. Herbs IMO, aren't one of them. Still, I wish you the best!

A. Good deal. This should be considered a trial run and if nothing else, get you acclimated to Famine
i think i'll hold out on the ecdy then for now ;)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It's all good man. We do try to save you $ where we can. This is one such instance...
scump

Post by scump »

askmass wrote:Gosh... I'm hesitant to post because I don't like the idea of going out of my way to bash specific products.

That said, sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

I have seen several independent HPLC lab analysis tests as well as simple individual trials over the years which clearly show the vast majority of liver tabs on the market to be essentially worthless.

Some in particular do not come remotely close to label claim (despite the mega marketing machine behind them) and in fact never dissolve into suspension!

Nature’s Life has a great rep and test scores to back it. Beverly International and Dave Draper are the only other two brands of liver tabs that I could in good faith recommend to anyone. Note that all of these run $40+ for 500 tabs.

Excerpts from a 2005 individual trial I found in our files-

When I first began this experiment, I picked up a bottle of desiccated liver tablets from my local Whole Foods store. The only brand of desiccated liver that they carried was “Nature’s Life Beef Liver”. I began by taking 2 tablets every couple of hours, until I was taking about 6 tablets 4-5 times a day.

After two weeks of this regime with the “Nature’s Life” brand, the things I noticed most, from a workout & personal perspective, were the increased stamina, increased energy, quicker recovery times, and less DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).

I later purchased “Universal Uni-Liver”, “Beverly International Ultra-40”, and “NOW Liver,” which seemed to be the more popular brands that I could find. I used each one over a three week period to see if there were a better response from one brand or the other based on my own personal experience.

Interestingly, it seemed I got a better response from my first default choice, “Nature’s Life Beef Liver”, followed somewhat by “Beverly International’s Ultra-40”.

I didn't notice any of the beneficial effects that I had previously, while using “NOW Liver” or “Universal Uni-Liver” tablets. Hmmmm.

Also, some of these tablets, most notably “Universal’s Uni-Liver”, are probably some of the largest tablets you may ever attempt to swallow.

Tablet Dissolving Test
================

I was curious about how effective these tablets were, considering the size and hardness of some of them, and the fact that the NOW and Universal brands provided no perceived benefits to me in my individual 3-week tests. I was curious as to why. So, I set up a dissolving test for each tablet suspecting that might be the problem.

A healthy human stomach is acidic, in the range of 1.5 to 3.5 pH, on average.

I placed each tablet in a hydrochloric acid solution with a pH value of 2.5.

Interestingly, the Uni-Liver and Nature’s Life tablets both floated, while the other two sunk to the bottom. In addition, the NOW Liver tablet began bubbling almost immediately. All of this is probably related to the different binding ingredients used in each brand of tablet.

Now, after 35 minutes, here’s what we have:

This isn’t completely scientific, because I haven’t completely duplicated the process of the stomach, in that I did not provide any type of mixing or churning action that the stomach would naturally do while digesting food, and I didn’t keep the temperature at approximately 99 degrees as would be the case in a healthy stomach.

However, I now had some evidence as to why the “Nature’s Life” product was the best performing product of my test group. It naturally dissolved faster than any of the other products, and thus allowing more complete absorption. You can also see that the “Beverly International” product is in a state of dissolving as well.

Even more interesting, is that the “Universal Uni-Liver” product never showed any signs of dissolving. I continued to allow these samples to sit for another 2 hours – of course, after 2 hours these would have long vacated your stomach, but in the interest of curiosity I continued on. At the end of the 2 hours time, all the other products had dissolved completely, except the “Uni-Liver” product...

As far as the Ecdysterone 300 goes... To be nice about it, it isn't RCE by a long shot and hits about the same standard as the many generic Ecdysterone products of yesteryear when everyone "in the know" was using $79 a bottle Zebutol.

i know im only new here... but those "trials" you listed are pathetic... and no one should take them with any scientific credibility what so ever.

i dont think you should bash uni-liver with such a biased pseudo-experiment, what if the tablet ISN'T designed to be dissolved in the stomach? alot of tablets are desgined to pass through the stomach and be absorbed in the large intestine... not to mention that the stomach contains ALOT more than just a acidic Ph.

i think anyone would be foolish to discredit a product due to the information listed above... my opinion.

also a added point, i believe the uni-liver dosing is somewhere around 6 tabs/day, you mean to tell me not one person noticed passing 6 whole tablets in there stools? :?
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Hi scump,

I would maintain that it is clearly presented as what it is - no more and no less - a simple observation study and opinion piece by one consumer.

He presents it as just that, matter of factly. The guy was a Draper student, I believe, and we have no ties to him whatsoever nor any vested interest in liver tabs one way or the other.

It does just so happen to generally follow, in more layman's terms, what has long been held as true inside the industry. And, as seen with well known and repeated Beverly International trials from years ago which were run in a scientifically strict manner.

That said, if you put your trust in Universal and feel you get results with their liver tabs, then who am I to argue with your personal observations and preference?
DJ82585

Post by DJ82585 »

Thank you both for the intelligent convo and response by askmass to the above individual. It is refreshing to see people not bashing the others opinion. It's amazing what a respectful response to another can do!
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Thank you both for the intelligent convo and response by askmass to the above individual. It is refreshing to see people not bashing the others opinion. It's amazing what a respectful response to another can do!
Imagine this conversation on nolinksplease.com....
scump

Post by scump »

askmass wrote:Hi scump,

I would maintain that it is clearly presented as what it is - no more and no less - a simple observation study and opinion piece by one consumer.

He presents it as just that, matter of factly. The guy was a Draper student, I believe, and we have no ties to him whatsoever nor any vested interest in liver tabs one way or the other.

It does just so happen to generally follow, in more layman's terms, what has long been held as true inside the industry. And, as seen with well known and repeated Beverly International trials from years ago which were run in a scientifically strict manner.

That said, if you put your trust in Universal and feel you get results with their liver tabs, then who am I to argue with your personal observations and preference?
appreciate the response. I guess i just wanted to clarify, im so used to being on nolinksplease.com where someone would reference something like that as being a "journal article" or "scientific study".

but as askmass said, form your own opinion.
DJ82585

Post by DJ82585 »

SCUMP

That is why this forum is such a great one to post and read! The majority here will tell their opinion and then want you to do some research, ask more questions, and formulate your own opinion. I liken it to the perfect academic environment!