Incorporating exercises?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Sisonpyh

Incorporating exercises?

Post by Sisonpyh »

During the strength training workouts it appears to only be using one or two big barbell lifts. So when doing these workouts would it be a good idea to incorporate other exercises to keep the body up to par with what the main lifts are working?

EX: Lets say you pick deadlift and bench to use for GVT, 10% solution etc. This would be going on for six months, so wouldn't quads, shoulders, lats etc be lagging?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You may perform these lifts AFTER the big barbell lift has been satisfied.

It's a good question and one I'll be putting a finer point on. This goes for either the HIT workouts that start out in Feast or during Blueprint Periodic, where you'll be rotating through the 4 specified loading patterns:

My favorite assistance exercises are as follows:

LOWER BODY

Dimel Deadlifts
Romanian Deadlifts
Hip-Belt Squats
Reverse Hyperextensions
Glute Ham Raises
Good Mornings
Zercher Squats
Top range rack pulls/shrugs
Leg Sled

UPPER BODY

Incline press
Decline press
Rows of all sorts
Static Holds
Power Partials
Heavy, weighted dips
Skullcrushers
Standing barbell press
Seated shoulder press

As you can see, I favor the compound lifts for the big muscle groups. What's important is structure. I favor EDT blocks of 1, perhaps 2 PR Zones here and/or total tonnage done for time.

So, if specific guidance is needed in your case please let me know. I'll be happy to sketch something out for you.