4th blueprint run- back to the weights cut or bulk?

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Street-dreams

4th blueprint run- back to the weights cut or bulk?

Post by Street-dreams »

Hey everyone, Ive been out of the gym for awhile ( no membership) but I am working again and so I am getting a membership very soon.

I am also going to the chiropractor to have my low back looked at..

all that aside.. I am anxious to hit the iron again(I miss it) but I need help deciding whether to cut or bulk..

I just finnished a cut over summer and am at 173lbs (-12lbs from before cut) however I feel like I must of lost alot of strength from not lifting for a few months..

so DO I do a 3.0 run and recomp or do I go full out bulk?

all im running for supps this time are

EBOL ( 50 days)
TTA-500 (60 days)
Pes Erase(30 days)
Glycobol
the formula.

plus basics
multi
fishoil
whey
crpolley

Post by crpolley »

It makes more sense to bulk over winter in my head. You're wearing a long sleeve shirt + pants most of the time anyways. Save the cut for spring
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

My thoughs exactly...winter is for getting as big as possible...
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

ok :) I was feeling the bulk too! I will try and make sure most of it is muscle with caloric decrements.

I gained alot over my last bulk. was my most successful bulk ever.. (used EBOL last that run too)

so excited to get it started you have no idea.. gonna start squating heavy for the first time this run (other runs did DL + BP)
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

So I've been to the Chiropractor 2 times and It seems to be helping quite a bit..
pain in my lower back is dissipating as well as the inflammation is FINALLY going away.

I would definitely recommend Chiropractic care for any and all back injuries at this point.

I should be starting up with my famine soon enough.

Thanks Rob for the recommendation!
nigh70wl

Post by nigh70wl »

question for you... you say you'll be squatting heavy this run as opposed to your last one. why don't you do squats and bench during the same run?
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

I will be doing squats, bp and DL all in the same run.. in past runs I did squats in an edt block... but they were squats using a trap bar.. i.e less intense than a full on back squat per-say. I will actually try a run with 3 differnt days this time... first up is squat day.. followed by BP day and then finally Deadlift day..
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Street-dreams wrote:So I've been to the Chiropractor 2 times and It seems to be helping quite a bit..
pain in my lower back is dissipating as well as the inflammation is FINALLY going away.

I would definitely recommend Chiropractic care for any and all back injuries at this point.

I should be starting up with my famine soon enough.

Thanks Rob for the recommendation!
Healing the sick, talking to the animals... all in a days work man :) Seriously, happy I could help...
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

Was at the Chiro today and asked him if my back was ok to workout again.
he said no but he also said
" I was going to suggest that you dont Deadlift anymore.. or Squat."

lol I told him that there were ways to do both without injuring yourself and that I will continue to do both.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Street-dreams wrote:Was at the Chiro today and asked him if my back was ok to workout again.
he said no but he also said
" I was going to suggest that you dont Deadlift anymore.. or Squat."

lol I told him that there were ways to do both without injuring yourself and that I will continue to do both.
Good man... :)
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

Just got the go ahead from my chiro to start working out again in about a week.. will start famine in a few days hopefully and be back in the gym DL SQ and BP ect in 10 days give or take!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great news brother!

Good for you, insofar as getting it checked out and working with the chiro to get the green light. Now, even if you do have an issue - he/she will be MUCH better prepared to help you...
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

The Inflamation is just about gone if not completely... and I feel like any pain remaining is due to muscle weakness and not because of any spinal issues.. (I could be wrong) :P

SO excited to get back into the gym.