Another adaptogen

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
sammm

Another adaptogen

Post by sammm »

Rob, what do you think of this:

Quantum Nutrition Labs, Quantum-Rx, Adaptogen Complex, 90 Veggie Caps

SRP: $24.96

Serving Size: 1 Capsule

Servings Per Container: 90

Lean-Body Pro Blend - 190 mg
Nopal Cactus (pad) (Opuntia ficus-indica), Thyme (leaf) (Thymus vulgaris), Noni (fruit, seed) (Morinda citrifolia), Apple Cider Vinegar and Red Wine Vinegar (Fulvic and Humic Acid), Calcium-based Montmorillonite, Amylase, Maltase, Protease, Pepsin, Lipase, Lactase, Invertase, Cellulase

Soma Pro Blend - 130 mg
Soma Latha (stem) (Sarcostemma acidum), Fo Ti Teng (root) (Polygonum multiflorum)

Oxy Pro Blend - 70 mg
Rhodiola Rosea Extract (root), Rhodiola Crenulata (root), Maral Extract (root) (Rhaponticum carthamoides)

Ecko-Boost - 55 mg
Ecklonia Cava (sea grass)
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

quality of the extracts is HIGHLY doubtful
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Leave that one alone.

Nice call Hani... :)
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:Leave that one alone.

Nice call Hani... :)
Its all about the quality!
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

askmass wrote:Image
stamped, approved.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Honestly guys, if you haven't tried it yet at least consider it.

I hope you all know how hard I strive to make this a supp neutral board. There is no link here, for example to MASS's store.

And if I EVER get out of check on this, please do bring it to my/our attention.

Those being The 3Faces of Fear(tm)... :)
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Will be stacking Adaptogen N & KA for my current run...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

the_buffer wrote:Will be stacking Adaptogen N & KA for my current run...
I've been doing the full blown BP Mass Stack for over a month now. Absolutely amazed at what its done for me, especially given the circumstances right now.

Hope you find the same with the AN/KA stack!!
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

Well, and forgive me if I am wrong, but I don't think Adaptogen lists its ingredients, so it fails this little test in a way, but ingredients I've heard of that are in adaptogen N are reasonable, and MOST here swear by it, so I overlooked that. BTW I don't take the bottles when I travel, and it isn't online, last I knew.

But that QRS seems to be a name dropper. I would REALLY research things before taking it. Some things advertise things ONLY because they are the current or recent fad.

When they start listing things like NONI, etc... I start getting a bit suspicious.

And on lists like the lean body section, the ones I most know are historically likely to work are at the end of the list. By law, the ones closer to the top can be no lower than the next on the list. So the farther down on the list, the less of it is in the product. That's how the "pixie dusting" works. They could have 1ug of the ingredient, or even LESS, and list it. Homeopathic remedies, for example, often have perhaps NONE of the listed ingredient.

I once saw a homeopathic product. A POPULAR one that even made it into the regular stores and I believe is still around is like 82% fructose and 18% glucose. I may have the sugars wrong but SERIOUSLY, if that isn't a sugar pill, it is close to it. I mean add it up, 100% SUGAR! It is a cold remedy in a cute little box that may even be at the counter. Check it out next time you buy. BTW I tried it, before looking, because many swear by it, and it didn't work for ME! But you are supposed to get it at the FIRST signs of a cold. I have had a few times that has happened this year, and it never made it past the first few hours, with NO remedy! How many of the cured colds were CURED by that product? I'm guessing NONE!

And you should have heard me when I called the company that makes hot stuff, when it first came out. I DID make a lot of progress on it, but I guess it was the time, and my life, because the last time I tried it it wasn't that noticable. But it is like they took EVERYTHING that was popular up to the time that it was developed, even some glandulars that WEREN'T so popular, and just dumped them in.

Steve
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

seasoned wrote:...one that even made it into the regular stores...
That's typically more of a damnation rather than any sort of accreditation.

Good points on window dressing, Seasoned. It is something we have never, ever done, and never will.

It is extremely prevalent across the board in so many lines, though, and especially so in a huge % of sports nutrition items that target younger and less savvy consumers who make easy targets for buzz words that (literally) carry no weight in the product themselves.

What gets me is things like the pro athlete who buys our MASS products for personal use with his own money, while getting paid major dollars to endorse something else that he laughs about in real life.

I'm not saying we are the only 100% legit game in town, and some lines have both good and horrid quality items in their mix.

But, the products on "regular" store shelves and found at the mega-whiz-bang online stores should generally be looked at most skeptically of all. Because, their business model is based on maximizing one time purchase profits as it's driving force (not your results and earning repeat business, which is our model).

We have been approached many times over the years to get on board with that type of national store distribution to "cash out our rep" and have always rejected it with a flat NO THANK YOU. There is no way you can do it and not be forced to compromise quality. They always mention compromising quality and a laundry list of cost cutting measures right up front, too, in order to free up advertising dollars.

Get the picture?
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

I agree with you about it being a kind of damnation. It is even in DRUG STORES! Do you realize that some drugstores have THREE layers of shelves that cross HALF the store JUST for ailments, and the problem, this ONE little box is supposed to CURE? If it were so great, it would be on TV on the NEWS! Inexpensive simple product CURES common cold and many other ailments.

But drug stores DO want repeat sales! Those three layers of shelves may have DOZENS of products,and brands, but there might be 6 simple formulas between them ALL. You're lucky if they even RELIEVE the problem. NONE of the sleep products help me, for example. 98% are EXACTLY the same, and I even tried representatives from the remaining 2%, of which there are only 4 ingredients among them ALL! And sometimes one company might make 5 of the brands. That is one way they get repeat sales when there is no repeat business.

Like the time I boycoted thrifty, or was it dollar, because they ran an inquiry against my credit for NO reason. They CLAIMED I used a debit card, but I DIDN'T! Anyway, I did business with the OTHER car company and the first car company ran an inquiry AGAIN! I watch my credit CLOSELY! I CHECKED! One company owned the OTHER! Many times, they are in the SAME market, sometimes blocks from one another and they "compete", in the SAME SEGMENT! BOTH are discount! But if it costs you several percent of your credit balance for 2 years, do you REALLY save?

OTHER Car companies I have been to?

NAME BRAND DISCOUNT
Hertz which owns advantage
Avis which owns budget
Enterprise which owns national and alamo

Out of the 7 I named right there, NOT ONE has run an inquiry, though I have done business with ALL of them! I travel a lot. Dollar and Thrift have NO idea about the tens of thousands of dollars they have lost from just ME, and I am very vocal about this.

Steve