Justin's 2nd BP RUN

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's an excellent setup.

Only thing I'd change might be the pre-workout meal. Move it back to 90 min out and be mindful of too many carbs = sleepy.

Otherwise, excellent work/timing!
Justin

Post by Justin »

I was just wondering something, when I'm performing a GLP it might be just me my weight at end isn't as strong as I am normally it's like the first 5 sets really put fatigue into you? is this normal or just me?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It's normal and "built in" to the program.

What you're experiencing then is typical... not an abberation.
Justin

Post by Justin »

So todays workout was pretty awsomee!! i hit 1 extra rep on my last set of GLP bench and hit 215 x 7 ! I was pretty excited about that :) the edt was crazy got a massive pump in my back and chest
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent!

Now one caveat: Even if you have extra gas for an extra rep stop at the required rep range. No worries you didn't mess anything up but these set/rep/weight protocols deliver a very specific amount of total tonnage and it's a delicate balance. Please consult this chart for additional details:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/ ... dSheet.pdf

Hope that helps!
Justin

Post by Justin »

Thanks a lot rob :) well today wasn't the best i wasn't able to hit every rep on my last set of GLP :( i only hit 4.5 out of 6 was quite disappointed

but I'll try harder next time, it might be because my diet wasnt intact today and i rushed to the gym.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Actually completely normal on GLP 1. If you read my comments closely in The Blueprint, it's a common occurrence here and there on this loading pattern and will NOT hurt come max day.

Now you shouldn't be missing badly every workout, but I usually experience a miss on at least 2 sessions. Don't let it bother you.

With respect to being rushed/sub optimal diet... I know the feeling. It happens. One thing I would cousel actually 2 things:

1.) Prepare all food beforehand and bring it with you for the day. That way, nothing gets in your way

2.) Do take care to rest adequately between the GLP sets. The CNS recovers a LOT slower than the ATP/phosphagen system. In the later, full recovery can be observered within 3 minutes. The CNS can take 5, 10 or even longer if working with really heavy weight. I give it a full 10 minutes on mine on the heavier sets. Try that out I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Yeah, you'll be in there longer but provided you're using the intra workout drink I suggest cortisol levels will be in check due to insulin rising from the simple carbs we include.

Hope that helps!
Justin

Post by Justin »

I'm currently using barely any supplements my only pre-workout drink is some bcaa that I had left from a while ago! is that good?
Justin

Post by Justin »

today I woke up disappointed from not hitting my reps yesterday so I want to go do some hardcore cardio/boxing workout! my endurance hasn't been my best lately so I wanna add some full body cardio work to help me out! :twisted:
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good man on the cardio.

BCAA's are a GREAT supp to use. So if using that only, at least you have a good one!!
Justin

Post by Justin »

BOSS workout today during my GLP I hit every rep making my new pr on bench of 230 x 4 ;D!! super happy about that and then i got the biggest pump during my shoulders EDT was just an awesome workout!! can't wait to bench again on monday
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

So happy for you Justin!

Do me a favor please. If so inclined, can you please post a review on nolinksplease.com? If possible, please include this link in your post and sig line:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/ ... nials.html

I know this is a LOT to ask. And I'm perfectly fine if you're not down with it. If I do this, I'll get banned. However, you can do it and all is well with nolinksplease.com.

Right now, all I have is word of mouth to get folks to see the light. I can't tell you how many guys are interested but "don't have the $ right now because I just picked up 3 bottles of Pink Magic!"

Just shoot me....

So happy for you man. Like I said either way is fine by me. I'm just happy The Blueprint is delivering for you. It is after all, the reason I wrote the book!
Justin

Post by Justin »

Ya for sure I'm just waiting until I complete my full run! the gains i'm sure will be better! I'll post a review on other sites aswell if that will help you out!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Well, do me a favor and run those sites by me via PM. I need to be sensitive to where its posted. I know the "rules" nolinksplease.com plays by and can ensure you/me don't get into trouble. The others... need to research a bit.

Many, many thanks!