Big.Jaz's Second run, THE QUEST FOR 500!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:Sweet and I saw your nolinksplease.com posting too so thank you for the nice PR :)

Now one thing to keep an eye on... frequency. Don't hesitate to keep inserting rest days where needed. That is THE key from here on out for you. Thus far your intuition is spot on so I'm not worried. Just realize that the solution will be found in modulating frequency first, perhaps tapering workload later on if need be.

Otherwise, enjoying this ride immensely! :)
enjoying the ride immensely is an understatement, Rob. (for me anyway ;) )

I will be hitting some cardio tomorrow (probably gonna swim and give my shoulder some work as well)

Then gonna deload on monday and max on wednesday.

Friday will be just EDT, along with cardio thursday, saturday, and sunday.

THEN i begin the 10% solution next monday :D
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Some good fasted cardio today.. took 3g BCAA's beforehand though, just incase :)

man its getting warm around here.

Also - Weight loss has stagnated/reversed.. this is likely due to my laziness in counting/weighing my foods. This shall be corrected from this point forward as I do not want to lose contact with my initial goal of recomp as well as the squat max!

I feel 460 coming next week fellas.. I CAN FEEL IT!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good deal.

Do take care to eat enough (up the carbs, in particular). Big lifts need big fuel :)
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:Good deal.

Do take care to eat enough (up the carbs, in particular). Big lifts need big fuel :)
oh yeah i'm getting my carbs

my macros are a little spun around though as i'm not eating 400g Protein.. ya know. I hate my metabolism.. i can't really handle much more than i take in

its around 200P/250C/50F (give or take a bit..) on workout days and 200/200/50 on off days
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Good deload workout today. Hit my EDT blocks, definitely making improvement. Got some time to play around with my knee wraps as well, as I suppose i have to teach myself to wear/use them ;)

Any good tips on wrapping up, guys?

Weight is back down to 199, which I like to see.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent.

Do take care to wrap symetrically. I've seen plenty a knee injury where tightness, inside wrap/outside wrap weren't uniform and... bad things happen.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Hey you asked for tips, so heres one even though you wont need it.

You said when your doing squat you learned how to fail it properly by dropping to your kness I think you said.I think its a good way aslong as you KEEP YOUR FUCKIN HEELS DOWN.Try keep em as low as possible cause havin a heavy ass barbell slam into the top of them would not be nice.

But like I said, you wont need this advice.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

DaCookie wrote:Hey you asked for tips, so heres one even though you wont need it.

You said when your doing squat you learned how to fail it properly by dropping to your kness I think you said.I think its a good way aslong as you KEEP YOUR FUCKIN HEELS DOWN.Try keep em as low as possible cause havin a heavy ass barbell slam into the top of them would not be nice.

But like I said, you wont need this advice.
My feet aren't big enough to get hit by the bar :P

the height of the bar landing on the floor is actually above my heels ;)

Thank you though, very thoughtful of you.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

TODAY!
was an off day.

Haha, i took advantage of ample opportunity to hit a waterpark with my girlfriend today. Diet was/is still precisely on point though. Packed everything up in the morning. Only thing i missed was my broccoli, but i'm gonna have some now with my last meal so its not a big deal.

Will be waiting one more day before maxing on thursday, i think. Want to be fully recovered for this.

Also saw Inception this evening, and if you haven't seen it yet - make it a point to do so. Fantastic piece of film.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Just checkin in here... lookin good brother. I too have my eye on the big 500 but I gotta admit I don't get as deep into that hole as you do. Fantastic! The whole fail procedure made me nervous until I read exactly what you wrote. Sounds like you have it down to a "T". Maybe I missed an earlier post but why don't you squat inside that cage? Either way that video was awesome! Good luck!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

dracotdrgn wrote:Just checkin in here... lookin good brother. I too have my eye on the big 500 but I gotta admit I don't get as deep into that hole as you do. Fantastic! The whole fail procedure made me nervous until I read exactly what you wrote. Sounds like you have it down to a "T". Maybe I missed an earlier post but why don't you squat inside that cage? Either way that video was awesome! Good luck!
Done enough sets to failure where I've learned the way its done ;)

Thanks for chiming in, supporters only help the cause.

Hope to DL like you do at some point ! Gonna hit those rack pulls soon.
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

"here kiss me quick..."
"waa-whhaa?? *kisses*"
"well, it was worth a shot"

LOL

Inception is indeed an excellent movie. Saw it on imax and was glued for 2.5 hours.

Good luck on the 500 squat. You better hurry though, my first BP run I'll be repping 500 by the end 8)
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Uwbodybuilding wrote: Good luck on the 500 squat. You better hurry though, my first BP run I'll be repping 500 by the end 8)
Confident Uw is confident!

We shall see my friend! :P
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow I love this place.

Very alpha but not in a bravado type of way. Awesome stuff.. Success breeds confidence and there are heaps of both in the BP forums!