KatZilla's 1st Blueprint Run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

No no no, I'm not linking nolinksplease.com to here, I meant that once I post my progress thread on nolinksplease.com (I'm waiting to get 30 posts so I can post links--pictures), I'll let everyone here know about that thread, so that BP members that are reading THIS thread, can go take a look at it on nolinksplease.com; not so that nolinksplease.com members can view this thread here. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. (It even took me a minute to think through that last part to word it correctly :shock: )

...Unless you're talking about my new sig on nolinksplease.com, which reads: "https://bodybuildingsupplements.com... is LEGIT", which I can remove if you'd like me to, and I'll just replace the link with "The Blueprint" or something, I just didn't want it to get confused with that MAN Blueprint supplement.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Oh, OK. No that's great please proceed as you outlined. I read it wrong..

And PLEASE keep your current sig line :) It's helping...
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

RobRegish wrote: And PLEASE keep your current sig line :) It's helping...
Good, I'm glad I can help :D Today I did the 6th SQ workout for GLP, and am proud to announce a new PR: 315lbs! My 105% would have been about 288, but on my last set I just decided to shoot for 300. It went over well, so I added a bit more; I definitely struggled with 315, but I made sure to get a full range of motion, and do it correctly. I am extremely happy with this.

However, now I just have to figure out where to go from here! Like I said a few posts ago, I still feel like I could benefit from Feasting, but if you think it's best to go ahead and transition to Cruise, then that's what I'll do. Thanks again Rob; I owe this PR to you.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

YES! Fantastic!! Couldn't be happier for you.

Let me know how many days you technically have left in Feast. I'll make recommendations from there.

Awesome way to end my day.
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

Thanks :) I think I technically have 4-5 days left in Feast.
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

Bump. My dad's in town for a few days and wanted to go to the gym, so today I went ahead and just did a regular back/bi workout. All went well, but still kind of wondering about where to go from here.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Suggest resting until the final day. Shoot for a new 1RM in HIT type format. Can't guarantee anything at this stage but you may observe a slight improvement.

Otherwise, proceed to Cruise!
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

Sounds good to me! I'll transition into Cruise within the next couple of days here. I was just reminded the other day though that I fly out tomorrow morning to go on a cruise with my family! I have been flooded with vacations this summer. Not exactly the worst problem you could have, but it's interrupting my BP run! Does no one respect my lifting schedule?! However, it's a nice cruise-liner, so I'm sure (hoping) that they have some sort of weight-room, however pitiful it may be.

Now I'd also like to point out some ironic ideas in this situation:
1. I'm starting my Cruise Phase while on a Cruise.
2. I'm spending Shark Week in the middle of the ocean.

Anyway, I'll update if/when I can, and I'll try and get some of these Cruise workouts done over the next week. I should be back on the 8th.
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

Finally got my 30 posts on nolinksplease.com so I could post my pictures/thread. Here's a link to it, for those interested:

https://forum.bodybuildingsupplements.com/showthrea ... t526825993

EDIT: Love the new filter :D
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Fantastic post and thanks for sharing. New filter isn't mine so can't take credit there..

Your hard work paid off and I am happy you are happy!!
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

I'm back! Trip was awesome, although their weight-room was limited. I got Cruise-phase workouts done as close to what I needed to do as possible, but they didn't even have barbells, which meant I had to switch to leg-press instead of squats, and dumbell bench, etc. I got 3 workouts done, so I still have a few more to go.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Welcome back Kat!

Good to see you got most of it in, trooper :)
KatZilla

Post by KatZilla »

Had a great chest day today! All of my workouts recently have been excellent, and I feel like I've even gained a little strength in the cruise phase... even with being slightly interrupted by my vacation. If I've counted up the days correctly, my Cruise phase should be officially over today. Here in a couple days, I'll try and get some more pictures, and write an overall conclusion for my BP run, and also update my nolinksplease.com thread. I'm very happy with my results, as you'll read when I get the time to type it all out.

Now, my plans for where to take it from here; I'm strongly considering trying to fit in another run before the wrestling season starts. However, I know that for my ideal wrestling season, I need to focus more on cutting. I'm thinking about just following a solid cutting routine, but I'd really like to find a way to modify a BP run for an optimal cut. I weighed in around 153 this morning [EDIT: I weighed on our wrestling scale (never been off my more than a tenth of a pound when we've calibrated it) and was 155.1!) today, before eating or drinking anything, and I think for the season (November) I'll probably try and get down to 140, maybe 145.

Anyway, look back here again in a few days for my conclusion! Thanks again Rob, and everyone else here for your support.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

What a wonderful run. Can't wait to see your write up on this and that "other board" so we can get the word out and help others!