Best workout for Bulk during Feast phase?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
crpolley

Best workout for Bulk during Feast phase?

Post by crpolley »

Hey guys,

I just finished my 5th workout for the feast phase and am planning on working out tomorrow.

What routine should I transition into?

I am looking to add as much muscle as possible.

I have looked at super squats but have been injured recently from squats (pulled muscle and pinched nerve in back) so doing a workout fully focusing on squats is semi-daunting. I don't want to re-injure myself. I do plan on incorporating squats into my workout they. They are extremely important!
It also looks like super squats almost soley focuses on your legs. Will my upper body bulk as well?

Any others routines you can recommend for bulking? I'd really like to bulk arms and chest.

Thanks!
RobRegish

Re: Best workout for Bulk during Feast phase?

Post by RobRegish »

crpolley wrote:Hey guys,

I just finished my 5th workout for the feast phase and am planning on working out tomorrow.

What routine should I transition into?

I am looking to add as much muscle as possible.

I have looked at super squats but have been injured recently from squats (pulled muscle and pinched nerve in back) so doing a workout fully focusing on squats is semi-daunting. I don't want to re-injure myself. I do plan on incorporating squats into my workout they. They are extremely important!
It also looks like super squats almost soley focuses on your legs. Will my upper body bulk as well?

Any others routines you can recommend for bulking? I'd really like to bulk arms and chest.

Thanks!
Look into The BP Periodic, on page 60 of 2.0. Pick one upper and one lower body movement and set up a push/pull routine. Most do well with BP/SQ, including the Romanian DL in their EDT blocks.

Hope that helps!
crpolley

Post by crpolley »

I was under the impression that the periodic was more for strength gains (powerlifters) than for bulking. Is this true?
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Gaining Strength while eating a lot of food = muscle growth :p
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Progression is the key for muscle building.

BP periodic = strength gain = progression
EDT blocks = escalating density = progression
static hold = rapid nervous signals increase = progression

Combining those 3 progression techniques = ??? you know what!

That's what I am doing anyway (right now, right here --> https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... php?t=1496 )
Bavis

Post by Bavis »

I am also looking to add so much muscle and trying my best with different workout routine.
After reading this thread, I am quite amaze to read this thread because it is very helpful for me.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Bavis wrote:I am also looking to add so much muscle and trying my best with different workout routine.
After reading this thread, I am quite amaze to read this thread because it is very helpful for me.
Go get 'em Bavis. Some day you'll be doing super-sets...