Help With BluePrint!!!!!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
EctoBuilder

Help With BluePrint!!!!!

Post by EctoBuilder »

Been trying to read and absorb the Blueprint over the last few weeks.
I think the guide is geared though more towards the intermediate or advanced bodybuilder, because when I ran into terms such as "Jump Sets" "Loaded Stretches" and "Static Holds" I was completely lost. I had to google all of these terms, and i still don't don't have clear understanding on how to perform loaded stretches, or what exactly they are. Perhaps Youtube might help me....

Another thing, on the German Loading Pattern #1 (page 15 of the PDF),
I can't find where it says what exercises to do and how many sets of EACH exercise I need to do... Can someone point me to which page of the guide goes over this?. It's very possible that I just missed it....
Thanks in advance! I'm sure more questions to come :wink:

EDIT: I did just find under "announcements" Rob explaining about "Static Holds" so that will help....Perhaps he goes over the exercises for the German loading pattern as well, I'll look...
matter2003

Re: Help With BluePrint!!!!!

Post by matter2003 »

EctoBuilder wrote:Been trying to read and absorb the Blueprint over the last few weeks.
I think the guide is geared though more towards the intermediate or advanced bodybuilder, because when I ran into terms such as "Jump Sets" "Loaded Stretches" and "Static Holds" I was completely lost. I had to google all of these terms, and i still don't don't have clear understanding on how to perform loaded stretches, or what exactly they are. Perhaps Youtube might help me....

I can't find where it says what exercises to do and how many sets of EACH exercise I need to do... Can someone point me to which page of the guide goes over this?. It's very possible that I just missed it....

EDIT: I did just find under "announcements" Rob explaining about "Static Holds" so that will help....Perhaps he goes over the exercises for the German loading pattern as well, I'll look...
A "Jump Set" is going from one exercise to another with little to no rest...
for instance, the EDT Blocks are constituted as jump sets...

A "Loaded Stretch" is a stretch done while lifting a weight...for example, when doing a dumbbell pullover, the loaded stretch position would be holding the weight in a fully stretched position with your arms back over your head. Instead of going back up with the weight, just hold it there for a few seconds to give a nice stretch....

As far as the GLP, I have not done it yet, so I don't have anything I can tell you with any clarity regarding it...
EctoBuilder

Post by EctoBuilder »

Thanks matter2003, that does help for sure...

Yea, I find it strange that the guide doen't tell you what exercise and how many of EACH exercise to do for the German Loading Pattern....Maybe it doesn't matter. Perhaps I can just do Bicep Curls, Flat Bench Press, Tricep Kicbacks etc and be fine, but it seems as if I'm been experimenting all my life with no results :cry: , so I'm getting burned out on the experimenting part....
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

for the GLP, there's a sticky about it in the resources part. It calculates the sets and reps for the bench press and squat using your 1rm.

For the EDT Blocks on the GLP, do as many as you can in the span of 15-20min. with about 2min. rest between set.
EctoBuilder

Post by EctoBuilder »

xxtotuxx wrote:for the GLP, there's a sticky about it in the resources part. It calculates the sets and reps for the bench press and squat using your 1rm.

For the EDT Blocks on the GLP, do as many as you can in the span of 15-20min. with about 2min. rest between set.

Thanks, I'll look into it....So squats and bench press are the only 2 exercises you do with the GLP?
Nothing for Biceps?

I think I'm just going to google German HIT training and see what exercises and how many many of each exercise is recommended... I need a bit more structure as to what exact exercises and how many sets of each exercise I need to do, because I keep reading the same sections over and over in the blueprint, and I'm still feeling extremely confused.
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

Squat and Bench is the main compound lift done. Bench done on Upper Body days, and squat on lower body. To these you add the EDT Blocks. For example, you can do an edt block of chest and back and one for triceps and biceps, and on lower body you add edt blocks for legs. Whichever fits your need the most
RobRegish

Re: Help With BluePrint!!!!!

Post by RobRegish »

EctoBuilder wrote:Been trying to read and absorb the Blueprint over the last few weeks.

Thanks for the assist everyone. I was moving home, and write to you now from under my own roof, with Maximus in tow... :)

Ecto, you feel free to call me at 860-753-0373 M-Sat 8am - 6PM EST. You invested in me, so that's how I roll...

FANTASTIC answers here, and its so good to see Believer's helping Believer's... :)

EctoBuilder

Post by EctoBuilder »

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'lljust apply my regular routine to the German HIT program and see how it goes. My regular routine including

bicep curls,
wrist curls,
reverse wrist curls,
lat raises
shoulder press
tricep extentions
tricep kickbacks
bench press
incline bench press
squats
deadlifts....
I'll start with all of those exercises on the German HIT program and see how it goes.....
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

Ecto, I sent you a PM. Hopefully it helped.
EctoBuilder

Post by EctoBuilder »

xxtotuxx wrote:Ecto, I sent you a PM. Hopefully it helped.
Yes, thanks for the message. But I forgot what EDT meant, lol....
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

EDT = Escalating Density Training.

Great overview here:

FEAST STICKiES

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=378
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=437
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... =9137#9137
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=623

Have to hand it to that "Mixelflick" guy, he spent a lot of time on these, then buried them... :)