Beefcake & firedup's BP Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
beefcake66

Beefcake & firedup's BP Log

Post by beefcake66 »

It's me, again. For my.. technically 4th run. A few were cut short, so this will be my 2nd full complete total awesome run.

firedup (my gf; she may not join the forum) is doing her first run with me. We're going by the book, v2.0. May do some tweaks once 3.0 is released.

The plan is to begin famine Monday, April 18th - a few weeks earlier than I originally planned, but I got the time and she wants to get it done.

We will start recording our waking HR's tomorrow morning so we have a 3-day average for the Famine.

During famine, I plan to use MultiStix to monitor protein excretion, and we will do a weigh in everyday. Supplements will be Lecithin Capsules (or Granuals if I get them), detox tea, and in my case perhaps caffeine and ephedrine. Fishoil and Multivitamins will be taken sporadically throughout the whole run by both of us.

There *may* be before/after pictures!

I'll leave the rest of the plan for later :)
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Sweet I always like your posts and your take on things
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I should begin my 3rd famine Sunday April 17! Let's support each other during this tough time.
y0lked

Post by y0lked »

bigpelo wrote:I should begin my 3rd famine Sunday April 17! Let's support each other during this tough time.
knock it down man!
ckeahey76

Post by ckeahey76 »

Good luck. I will be starting my cruise portion here in two weeks. I am about to really hit the heavy end of the Russian. Hope it all goes well for you.
KE

Post by KE »

We'll be watching :) How's the hip/leg? A while back, I had found some tips on stretching the lower back, hips, legs, and calves before doing squats at "T-NATION" in the training section, but was unable to find them again. You may give it a try if get some "downtime" Good luck with your next run!
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Thanks for all the replies guys!

KE- Hip's been alright, football practice tonight will be the real tell though

ckeahey76- good luck with the rest of the Russian program... sounds brutal

bigpelo- One day ahead of me! I'm on 1120 cals and firedup is on 920 cals... not fun :( First day went alright though, we haven't tried to kill eachother yet lol

Hank! - thanks for stoppin in :)

I managed to find a no-name brand of MultiStix that reads Ketones and Glucose levels - I think this is the right one? We tried em out Sunday evening and we came out negative/all normal for both measures.

I think we did the first workout wrong... Supposed to be 6 reps? we did 12s..

Monday Apr 18 - Famine Day 1 - stats:
Beefcake- Weigh In: 63.8kg; HR: 72bpm; Cals: 1110
Firedup- Weigh In: 49.5kg; HR: 68bpm; Cals: 920

Workout:
BB Back Squat- 55lbs x 12, 12, 12, 12
DB One-Arm Row- 25lbs x 12, 12, 12, 12

EzBar Curls- 30lbs x 12
Hammer Curls- 10lbs x 12
Concentration Curls- 10lbs x 12

Tuesday Apr 19 - Famine Day 2 - stats:
Beefcake- Weigh In: 64.0kg; HR: 72bpm; Cals: 1120
Firedup- Weigh In: 50.1kg.; HR: 72 bpm; Cals: 920

Wednesday Apr 20 - Famine Day 3 - stats:
Beefcake- Weigh In: 63.8kg; HR: 75bpm; Cals: 1029
Firedup- Weigh In: 49.2kg; HR: 80bpm; Cals 920

Today as you can see, Firedup's HR went pretty high, and she finally dropped some weight. The Diagnostix we have see traces of Ketones with her, and none for me at this time. The glucose reading hasn't changed (null). She's really cranky, and todays a really hard day for us... 420 haha.. Fighting the munchies is HARD.

Workout:
WG Bench Press 65lbs x 10 // DB Shoulder Press 15lbs x 10
CG Bench Press 65lbs x 10 // DB Shoulder Press 15lbs x 10
Incline Bench Press 55lbs x 10 // DB Shoulder Press 15lbs x 10

Skullcrushers - 30lbs x 10

Thursday Apr 21 - Famine Day 4 - stats:
Beefcake- Weigh In: 63.5kg; HR: ??? bpm; Cals: ____
Firedup- Weigh In: ___.; HR: ___ bpm; Cals: ___
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

beefcake66 wrote:Thanks for all the replies guys!

bigpelo- One day ahead of me! I'm on 1120 cals and firedup is on 920 cals... not fun :( First day went alright though, we haven't tried to kill eachother yet lol
Well, I finally started famine yesterday just like you. Only difference is my cals goal: 1900 instead of 1120...

Good luck and remember: wild cats look their best when they are hungry, so do we! (Ori Hofmekler, warrior diet)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great start beefer!!

Now do proceed cautiously. Recall my mantra here - HEALTH FIRST!!!
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

I'm just editing all the famine information into the single famine post, easier to put it all together that way.

Rob, no worries! This is probably the healthiest famine for me yet... but we're still starving! I'm having fruit as the main part of my diet. Today (day 4) I'm adding a lot of fiber supplements, and I might do a cleanse this evening. We've been having "Detox tea" almost everyday of the famine so far, and I made some awesome low-cal soup yesterday!

BigPelo... nice quote! I haven't read the full Warrior Diet book yet, it's on my to-do list! I'll go check out your log to see how you're holding up!
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Rob, question!

What type of reading should I be looking for on these sticks I have? It measures Glucose and Ketones. I figure I want to see a high rating of Ketones before going into Feast? Is there a specific number I should be looking for (mine has neutral as 0, then "Trace" as 0.5 or something like that, and it goes up from there).

I'm really hoping to get to the proper spot by tomorrow morning. Then I plan to do my #3 Famine Workout, and if all goes well begin eating... It's a huge paintball event tomorrow and to go the whole day without a decent amount of food would probably mean the death of many people... lol
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

beefcake66 wrote:Rob, question!

What type of reading should I be looking for on these sticks I have? It measures Glucose and Ketones. I figure I want to see a high rating of Ketones before going into Feast? Is there a specific number I should be looking for (mine has neutral as 0, then "Trace" as 0.5 or something like that, and it goes up from there).

A. The real key isn't Ketones nor Glucose but rather, muscle protein excretion. It should be elevated, particularly on training days!!

I'm really hoping to get to the proper spot by tomorrow morning. Then I plan to do my #3 Famine Workout, and if all goes well begin eating... It's a huge paintball event tomorrow and to go the whole day without a decent amount of food would probably mean the death of many people... lol
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Too bad my sticks don't really measure that well! lol

I was negative the whole way though!

We finished up Famine yesterday with some Chinese food! I ate a fair bit, it was great, and was still down in weight this morning :p

Today we kicked off Feast like true BP'ers - All you can eat sushi! First time doing it, I only eat vegetarian sushi, so I got some fried chicken too. Had a great feast, very full. Firedup didn't really like it much.... but she had some bad fish.

Tomorrow I'm going to be back on my high cutting calories (probably 2100-2500 cals) and on Monday I'll be on to ~2100 on days and ~1800 off days.

We began our respective ecdysterone products today (me: Kre-Anabolyn; her: HumanaSport) , and I've been taking 6 liver tabs approx every hour... but I missed a lot of hours. I've taken about 30 pills so far in total, though. One more meal later today, I'll take my 2nd one then, and before bed I'll be taking Adaptogen N. 2 or 3 pills worth
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Let the games begin beefer and friend!!