Famine done?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Appetize

Famine done?

Post by Appetize »

Doing my first run of BP since I bought it in January - I think I'm wrapped up with Famine at this point. Today is day 5, have done my 3 workouts... the 3rd was pretty ugly.

Weight is down 4.6 lbs (198.2 begin/ 193.6 now), resting heart rate is up 12 beats/ minute from pre-famine measurement and I definitely feel different than I did 5 days ago. The diet has gotten a lot easier, guess I'm just resigned to feeling hungry all the time.

I didn't do any urine/ protein testing, but am hoping that based on the weight & RHR indicators I've hit the target.

Total calories were less than 8xBW/ day and protein was marginal, about 30g/ day or so with one day at 50g.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

sounds to me like you're done

I know at 12:01 AM of day 6 I'm typically eating something involving 100+ grams of protein ;P
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Spot on man, fantastic work!!! For the record: Famine is done and the hard part is over.

Train to Gainsville leaves the station day #1 of Feast :)
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

RobRegish wrote:
Train to Gainsville leaves the station day #1 of Feast :)[/i]
Don't mean to correct the man on this one, but the Train to Gainsville leaves on day #1 of Famine. It gets to full speed on day #1 of Feast! :)
Appetize

Post by Appetize »

Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted on my progress.

I'm most interested in a recomp run. Any thoughts on what I might do to accomplish that?

Currently at 194-ish lbs, 17.9% bodyfat. 40yrs old, 5'9" tall. I'd like to maintain about the same weight but be around 10-12% by the end of summer.

1RMs just before beginning Famine were:
Squat 307
Deadlift 393
Bench 287
Mil Press 173

Been slacking for almost a year after messing up a spinal erector last May and having to lay off working out. Didn't pick back up til about a month ago, even though my back was better some 6 weeks after injuring it.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

A. The key here revolves largely around diet. I present two options for your consideration:

1.) Descending caloric spiral as detailed in The Blueprint; OR
2.) Caloric zig zags AFTER the specified 3 day eat up that kicks off Feast. These 3 days should see you taking in no less than 120% of maintenance calories.

Thereafter, condsider the following:

100% of maintenance caloric intake on training days rotated with;
Something less than that on "off" days,

Ideally, HIIT cardio performed in a fasted state to take advantage of the caloric deficits/low blood glucose, which will maximize fat burning.

More details here: HIIT Delivers - Again

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... php?t=1016

Hope that helps!!!
Appetize

Post by Appetize »

Cool, thanks. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Until, then gotta go eat...