ie's first BP run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
ielite

ie's first BP run

Post by ielite »

Weight: 170
RHR: 65
Goal: Break some PR's as well as burning off some fat (going for some clean eating!).

Started day one of Famine today:

Leg Press-540;6,6,6
Chin ups-Body Weight;6,6,6

Squats-165;6,6,6
DB Rows-70;6,6,6

Standing BB curls-70;6
Incline DB curls-25;6
Preacher curls-weight of bar+30;6

Cal: 1365
-How picky do you recommend one be with the calorie counts? I've been using measuring cups and spoons to get exact servings down and its a bit of a pita D:
-Should we also try to minimize are carb amounts or is low protein the more key point here?

So far so good, the lack of food in the system is totally noticeable, but nothing makes you forget about your appetite more than a video game (:
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great questions. I've got great answers too.

Please PM me the name you bought under at Paypal. Sorry about having to do this but recent events have made it necessary.

Protecting your investment (hopefully).
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ok thanks for clearing that. You now have my unconditional help/support for life :)

How picky do you recommend one be with the calorie counts? I've been using measuring cups and spoons to get exact servings down and its a bit of a pita D:

A. Fairly picky. If you eat at or God forbid above maintenance, it diminishes the alarm signal that disrupts homeostasis.. our goal. Look at it this way.. it's only 5 days :)

-Should we also try to minimize are carb amounts or is low protein the more key point here?

A. MOST of the calories you should be eating come from carbs. Check out the "Sample Famine Phase" stickies in my sig. Whole sample Famine diet is laid out for you.

So far so good, the lack of food in the system is totally noticeable, but nothing makes you forget about your appetite more than a video game (:

A. Right on. It'll also allow you to distinguish between physical and psychological hunger. Not hungry and watching TV? Burger King whopper appears... now you're hungry. See the difference?

Final word and hear me out on this: If you at all feel sick, "off" or just not right - DISCONTINUE Famine.

You can't make gains when you're sick, and getting traction during Feast will be that much more difficult. SOME don't even require workout #3. Provided you're losing 1lbs/day or thereabouts and/or your resting heart rate has increased anything close to 8BPM over baseline... you're there.

Again, let me know if you need any guidance. Now that I know you're legit, I'll be here for you until they put me into the ground :)
ielite

Post by ielite »

Thanks for the quick responses. After a day of break starts the second work out of famine:
RHR: 71

BP: 135;7r
db SP: 25;10r

Incline BP: 135;7r
db SP: 25;10r

Decline BP: 115;10r
db SP: 25;7r

Decline close-grip BP: 85;10r
Skull Crushers: 40+bar;9r
Tricep Pull Downs: 32.5;8r

-Totally feeling tired all day but no signs of anything sick or out of norm. Got in about 1300 cals(better to shoot for lower to the ideal amount for the phase than higher since we're trying to go below maintenance?)
-I was just looking ahead at feast and was confused as how you would add other loading programs into the cycle. Do you do GLP 1 then continue on to GLP 2? Do GLP1 to cruise then to GLP 2? Or were they suppose to be just option for when you're running a new cycle?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK day 3 is when it really hits me so your observations are consistent. Here are your answers:

-Totally feeling tired all day but no signs of anything sick or out of norm. Got in about 1300 cals(better to shoot for lower to the ideal amount for the phase than higher since we're trying to go below maintenance?)

A. Observe the BW x 8 calorie recommendations. Here are two stickies some Mixelflick guy put together with a sample dietary template that may help :)

FAMINE STICKIES

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=523
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=389

-I was just looking ahead at feast and was confused as how you would add other loading programs into the cycle. Do you do GLP 1 then continue on to GLP 2? Do GLP1 to cruise then to GLP 2? Or were they suppose to be just option for when you're running a new cycle?

A. No, you should be focusing on Famine now and only Famine. If you want to look ahead any, focus on bridge workouts 1-5 into Feast. Those come BEFORE any of the GLP loading patterns. Again, they're in the stickies in my sig line that Mixelflick guy went through the trouble to put together :)

Just funnin' ya man. I know there's a LOT of info on this site but I'll ALWAYS be here to answer your questions...
ielite

Post by ielite »

Third workout of famine after a day break:

Leg Press-540;10,6,9,10,9
Chin ups-Body Weight;7,6,8,7,6

Squats-155;12 - 145;12,10,8,6
DB Rows-70;12,8,9,8,6

Standing BB curls-65;7
Incline DB curls-15;10
Preacher curls-weight of bar+10;13

-Really low energy for this workout
-Weight: 160
-RHR: 62
-Weight really dipped but something weird going on with the RHR.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

WOW! 10lbs lost in 5 days? That's incredible. Double in fact, what's normally seen. Not like you started out a fattie either!

GREAT work man making it through! And now... it's time reap the BIG rewards. How?

I'll be here every step of the way to show you!!