Muoio117's 1st run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

First, GREAT job on the PR. Love to see them..

Second, SMART move on cutting the workout short and inserting an extra rest day. You will see..... :)
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Bench: 225 - 1 RM PR

DB Pullovers: 70 - 1 x 5 PR

EDT:

Incline DB Press: 75 - 6 x 8, 8, 8, 8, 7, 5 (I needed help getting them up on the last 3 sets)

T-bar row (unsupported): 165 - 7, 7, 7, 7, 6, 5

Squat: 215 - 1 RM PR

SLDL: 205 - 1 x 5 PR

I had a good workout today. I never realized maxing took so long. I've never done it before today. I didn't manage to get in the EDT block after my squat/sldl superset, again. I had class so I ran out of time due to my ignorance of maxing duration.

The bench max was awesome for me. I've always wanted to get up to 2 plates; now I've done it. What really surprises me over and over again is that my squat is weaker than my bench. It's pretty sad. But I'm definitely working on getting it up there. I got 215. I tried for 220 but I failed miserably. I'm definitely ready for more volume next week. I'm taking the weekend off and I'll be back in the gym on Monday.

Oh, and keep in mind that before BP I had never been over 200 on bench or squat. Not once. Not even while maxing....

Another note: Rob, I got my friend to start BP. You said we could give it to one person, so I did. He's starting famine on Monday. He saw my gains and got all hyped up about it. Now I'm excited for him. His ignorance to the feeling of the first week will help him through famine, lol. He'll be using whey, multi, and kre-anabolyn. I think that's all. He's also a lot weaker than me (surprising, I know...) so he'll probably improve a lot. I'm scared he could catch me :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Nice work man!

So happy to hear this... and good for you for sharing. Giving back will only help you (don't give too much though :) )
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

RobRegish wrote:Nice work man!

So happy to hear this... and good for you for sharing. Giving back will only help you (don't give too much though :) )
Don't worry, I don't plan on sharing with anyone else. When people ask me I always refer them to your website.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Okay guys. I'm going to start my GLP I tomorrow morning. I was thinking of doing the following EDT blocks for my bench day:

- Military Press
- Lat-pulldowns or Pull-ups

- HS Incline Press
- T-Bar Row (supported this time, to switch it up and hit rear delts some)

- BB Curls
- Skullcrushers

I don't know if I'll have time for the third EDT block, but I really want to hit my arms. They don't grow very well unless I hit them directly. Anyway, I would like to know what you guys think of the three EDT's. I personally thought they were set up decently well. I'll hit most of my upper body. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also, when and how do I do static holds. I don't really understand the concept of them. What's their purpose? I'm just completely lost on this topic.
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Dude, I'm not sure about 3 EDT's. That's seems like a little overboard. If anything, I'd probably take out the 2nd EDT. I don't know. I'll wait to see what some of the veterans say.

Good luck with that and keep on tearing it up bro.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Suggest starting with 2 EDT Blocks. I'm thinking when you get done with them, you'll be glad you didn't plan 3 :)

On the static hold, which one are you confused by?
scump

Post by scump »

- Military Press
- Lat-pulldowns or Pull-ups

see this EDT block, if you change out military press you could easily use this as your lower body EDT block on legs days, or a second EDT block on leg days if you have the juice.

3 EDT blocks would be pretty intense after doing yout GLP bro.

with the static holds (were also new to me) its my understanding that you hold the weight just before lockout (fully extended) so to pressure is being exerted on your muscles, not your joints.

its primarily designed to increase strength while providing a higher weight load than usually used. (similar to doing negatives)
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll for sure be keeping the first 2 EDT's because I like their setup, but I let the third one be optional depending on how I feel at the end of the workout.

@ Rob (or scump): I know I've seen information regarding when to do static holds and such in the BP manual, but I look in it now and I can't seem to find it. So I just don't know what hold to do, how long to do it, what weight, etc.

Btw, this first workout of the GLP I seems rather light....
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Yea, I was planning on 2 EDT sets and ended up dropping 1 EDT set and just adding an extra exercise. Also, the GLP workout may be harder than you think. I thought mine was a bit low as well but by the time I hit that last set I found it pretty difficult to hit the last couple reps. The high reps make up for the low weight (from my experience). I found the weight a bit easier as the reps dropped.

Also, I do static holds after my workout due to the heavy load. I wouldn't want it effecting my lifts.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Okay, thanks. I hope it gets hard, because at this point the weight seems crazy low. We'll see.

And I just re-read the beginner BP stickies and found what I needed to know about static holds.

Thanks for all your help guys.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Glad you got clarity!
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Okay everyone, I'm back. I haven't posted on here for a few days because I lost my link to this place. I pm'd Rob and got that all fixed. Now I'm definitely not going to lose it.

I don't feel like writing up all my workouts of the past week. All I can say is that I've hit all my reps for the GLP except on Monday when I got only 5 out of 6 on my last set of squats. I just completely failed and dropped the bar on the rack. My skeptism of GLP has disappeared. It is much more difficult than it looks on paper.

Today is my 3rd chest workout on the GLP I. I'm sure I'll have an awesome workout.

And thanks for the reply to the PM Rob. You're always on top of things. I can't believe how dedicated you still are to all your BP users. Your input is greatly appreciated by us all.
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

welcome back and good luck with your workout today. tear it up..