Mass Pro vs ON Whey

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
jcs52

Mass Pro vs ON Whey

Post by jcs52 »

I have been a devoted Optimum Nutrition Whey consumer for about 5-6 years. I enjoyed reading different BP posts/write-ups on protein comparisons and I have since considered making a switch to Mass Pro when I order my BP stack. However, I would like a comparison of the two and how they stack up against each other before making the switch.

Could someone help disect this for me?

Thanks!
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

There are countless reports in this section that talk about this. I only went a few pages deep and found one of the main ones for you.

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... sc&start=0

A lot of people use ON because it's cheap and tastes good. Wow 5-6 years! I'm sure MASS will chime in here but this has been talked about a lot. Just scroll through the sup pages.....good stuff in there.
jcs52

Post by jcs52 »

Wow, very imformative and depressing, thakns Draco! I have been using ON for so long thinking it was a good choice only to find out I have been missing out and wasting my money! I guess I can take solace in the fact that I wasn't using walmart brand?! LOL

So it looks like I am going to go with MASS PRO, however, I woudl like some feedback on the best times to supplement protein. I used to take 3 protein shakes a day (mind morning 10AM, post workout, night time). I never took protein supp intra workout, but saw one of Rob's posts about that will get the most out of the supplement for me. Can someone explain what to do?

Thanks!
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I use proteins first thing in the morning, 30-45 minutes before work out with waxy maize and right after work out with waxy maize again.

On day I don't train, I only take 1 shake first thing in the morning.

I prefer whole food at 9h30-10h00am has it satisfied me longer before lunch and I don't eat after 7h30pm as I tend to stock fat very easy.
jcs52

Post by jcs52 »

Thanks Big
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Yes, first thing in the morning is great, post workout, and at night.
Here's the problem with protein before a workout. Energy is needed to digest/assimilate protein, just like eating right before a workout....your body is using energy to digest/process....energy that could be used to make your lifts better. (short version)
Also, casein has been recomended at night time because of its slow assimilation rate, cottage cheese can be a good addition. Somewhere in here is Mass' reply to a "Casein" thread. More info there.
Personally I use MassPro MVP. Especially good to mix with juice right after a workout to spike up that insulin.
Don't sweat the past, I've tried ON for the same reasons, heck I even bought some stuff from Wal-Mart once when I was on holiday and needed my protein fix. :x Six Stars of yuck!
Side note~Try to get at least half of your protein intake naturally, from foods, lean meats, Dead Red MEAT etc.....