How do you do on GLP?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
hah2110

How do you do on GLP?

Post by hah2110 »

When you do your GLP, can you generally finish everything? On my last set of BP #2 GLP today, I was only able to get 3 instead of 6. Do I lower the weight to get 6 reps (meaning stop at 3 where I get complete muscle failure and then get up, lower weight a little, do 3 more)? Or should I just stop? What do you guys generally feel like at the end?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I think if you're missing by 3 reps, first re-evaluate why. It may be one of the following:

1.) You didn't rest long enough between sets
2.) You didn't fully recover from the last workout
3.) Some combination of the above

Having said that, any of those come to mind?
hah2110

Post by hah2110 »

RobRegish wrote:I think if you're missing by 3 reps, first re-evaluate why. It may be one of the following:

1.) You didn't rest long enough between sets
2.) You didn't fully recover from the last workout
3.) Some combination of the above

Having said that, any of those come to mind?
Normally, I'd say yes, but not in this case. There was a good 3-4 minutes before my last set. I took a walk to fill up my drink. The last upper workout was 4-5 days before I worked out upper this morning.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Suggest going to 5min then. You'd be surprised as to how long it takes the CNS to recover. I take up to 10, sometimes more...
scump

Post by scump »

toowards the heavier sets on glp i had to rest 5 minutes. it feels like ages... but its tricky.

when you check a lot of the numbers, the higher volume workout = the same as doing your 1rm max... so dont underestimate the GLP.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good advice here. I rest up to 10 min in some cases. The CNS is a lot slower to recovery vs muscle substrate replenishment such as ATP/phosphagens etc..
hah2110

Post by hah2110 »

So everyone gets all of their reps in? Hmm... I thought I remember seeing somewhere Rob saying each rep isn't crucially important, but maybe that was regarding EDT? Do you guys feel dead after it? You aren't reaching contractual failure?
scump

Post by scump »

after my final set of GLP its not unusual for me to take a 10 min break, shaking it off / resting before i start my EDT block.

missing reps is fine on the EDT block (thats how your supposed to progress)

you 100% sure your GLP weights are correct?
hah2110

Post by hah2110 »

scump wrote:after my final set of GLP its not unusual for me to take a 10 min break, shaking it off / resting before i start my EDT block.

missing reps is fine on the EDT block (thats how your supposed to progress)

you 100% sure your GLP weights are correct?
Well they aren't exact because the math called for things like 97.6 lbs, 102.2, etc. I'm generally rounding up. Should I round down?

A. Play it conservative and round down. If you're feeling great though, round up. The key is knowing how the day is going. Listen to your body... it will tell you.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

my last GLP run I only missed 1 rep and that was the 105%
Billton

Post by Billton »

Big.jazayrli wrote:my last GLP run I only missed 1 rep and that was the 105%
Awww drat! That was the best one!