ill during feast, what to do?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
tufluk

ill during feast, what to do?

Post by tufluk »

typical luck, about a week into my feast iv gone and caught a cold! :(
should i carry on training as its not that bad to restrict me to train?
im also REALLY turned off by overfeeding the last 3 days and have begun to lose about 2lbs during the feast, so annoyed!

iv lost about 4lbs since i started, if i stop training how much will the alarm phase be depleted by?

Many thanks in advanced
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Old saying - "starve a fever, feed a cold"

Why don't you throttle everything back a couple of days - food intade and workouts, amp up the C and etc to fight the cold and not compromise immune system, then resume feast gradually...

Your body should be utilizing / embracing the feasting calories to build muscle. If it's not, overeating will result in 'toxicities' .

... btw, 'depletion levels' reached in famine, whatever they were are water under the dam now... have little relevance to present circumstance... unless you didn't get 'there'...

Maybe consider shifting the timing of feeding certain food types and /or your workouts to diff times of the day. What is your feast eating and lifting schedule? Post and will offer some suggestions...hth
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great advice BS, I counseled much the same via PM :)
tufluk

Post by tufluk »

thanks brain, i been doing just that, throttled everything down a notch, i was a good 3/4 days into it when i posted and i feel it wearing off now. Thanks rob for the PM, iv been necking back the liquid cals to help compensate for the loss of solid. working out twice a week but hoping to step it up to 3 once my new timetable settles.

hopefully be back on track tomorrow and start to gain that weight back!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Glad to hear you're feeling better!