Blueprint in 3-2-1...

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
LHockey

Blueprint in 3-2-1...

Post by LHockey »

MY BLUEPRINT RUN!

Hey guys, figured I should outline my blueprint run before starting on monday. Thanks for answering so many of my questions on these forums before I even ask them!

Supps for the run include:
NOW super EPA (staple)
NOW Adam multi (staple)
MASS Kre-Anabolyn (4 weeks)
Genomyx Slin Sane (4 weeks)
Whey protein concentrate (staple)
Muscle Milk (pre-bed)
Creatine Mono (2-4 weeks)
Gaspari Spirodex (5 days)

Famine

Length: 5 days

Calories: 1200-1500

Macros: low protein, probably high fat and moderate carbs to deal w/ hunger

Supps: Spirodex (no fish oil, multi, nothing else)

Routine: 3 workouts total. I'll go into more detail if Mixel gives the ok

Goal: trigger my body into thinking something is clearly wrong and get ready to pack on 3D MUSCLE :p

Weight: 146lbs (lost a few lbs over the past 6 days snorkeling 5+ hours a day on the barrier reef, time to gain that back and then some!)

Current Lifts in lbs

Squats 177x12 (ATG)

Deadlift 325x1 and 265x12 :D

DB Bench 66'sx6 (could've done 1-2 more but screwed up getting them into position)

Standing DB Press 38.5'sx12 (took a full 3 months off of any pressing)

Barbell Rows 110x10 (full ROM)

So there's my initial plan! I've been lurking around the BP forums and that's helped answer a lot of my questions, but I'm sure I'll have more as I begin. Can't wait to get this fast over with so I can start packing in the food :D

Pics from last week weighing in at 149.5:

:roll:
LHockey

Post by LHockey »

October 4th:

Famine Day 1

Weight: 148lbs

Calories: 1300

Workout 1:

Front Squats
warmup
165x6
165x5
165x5
Felt solid, went ATG

Front squats supersetted with:
Bent Over DB Rows
warmup
55'sx6
55'sx6
66'sx4
Nothing special to report, 55's were too light

Pullups
BWx8
+11lbsx6
+11lbsx4

Pullups supersetted with:
Bent Over Barbell Rows
128x3
114x4
114x4
way too heavy the first time, someone had the 114lb bar.

DB Curls
26'sx6

Preacher Curls
26'sx6

Barbell Curls
53x8

Overall: spirodex made fasting during the day extremely easy. Workout went well for only having 2 apples and some PB beforehand, i'm actually much hungrier now after dinner! gonna go to bed by midnight (it's 7 30pm now) so hopefully the hunger doesn't get too bad before then. other than the hunger i feel 100% fine, but i'm gonna be sore as hell tomorrow.
scump

Post by scump »

eyyy brissy boy represent!

make sure to stick to the blueprint template and you will gain nicely!
cappla011

Post by cappla011 »

lookin' good bro!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

This is shaping up nicely, I must say.

Great work and keep the updates coming please. Details are fine to share here. Not so much elsewhere. Use your good judgement and PM me if ever in doubt.

I trust you..:)
LHockey

Post by LHockey »

scump wrote:eyyy brissy boy represent!

make sure to stick to the blueprint template and you will gain nicely!
that's the plan! only got another 6 weeks in brisbane :(
cappla011 wrote:lookin' good bro!
thanks man! hopefully i'll be looking better after this run
RobRegish wrote:This is shaping up nicely, I must say.

Great work and keep the updates coming please. Details are fine to share here. Not so much elsewhere. Use your good judgement and PM me if ever in doubt.

I trust you..:)

i'll definitely keep this log well updated!

Famine Day 2

Weight: 146lbs (-2lbs from day 1)

Calories: 1200

Cardio: 1 hour brisk walk

Supplements: 1 sugar free rockstar, no spiro today

Definitely felt much hungrier today! woke up at 10am, fasted till 4pm, then had my main 700cal meal at 6 30. 2 days down, 3 to go!
scump

Post by scump »

why ya leavin brissy bro?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good man. Second time through Famine is a lot easier for most. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on this when you're done so please share!
LHockey

Post by LHockey »

scump wrote:why ya leavin brissy bro?
I'm studying abroad in australia and the semester ends in november, so gotta go back to the states :cry: it's been awesome living here for a few months though
RobRegish wrote:Good man. Second time through Famine is a lot easier for most. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on this when you're done so please share!

will do! with spiro it really isn't that bad, i'm just not used to eating under 2500 calories on any day. can't remember the last time i went below about 2200...

October 6th:

Famine Day 3

Weight: 144.7lbs (-3.3lbs from day 1)

Calories: 1300

Cardio: 15 min stationary bike (burned 230 calories)

Supplements: 1 spiro tab

Workout 2:

Everyone knows what the famine workouts look like, and I was lowering weights so often i won't bother trying to remember exactly how my workout went.

Key point is I followed the workout pretty closely and started with benching 25kg DBs for 10, and on my last set i benched 17.5kgs for 9... the supersets were KILLER!

had to do regular DB bench instead of decline on my last set because the bench didn't go down, and I also did 3 sets of tricep pulldowns instead of one of skullcrushers because those hurt my elbows.

weights were way down today, but i wasn't too hungry thanks to the spiro and i only have 2 days left!

Heres the strange part: My weight is down another 1.3lbs today, but my waking heartrate was actually a couple bpm SLOWER than last week! i felt cloudy headed more often than normal today and slightly lightheaded at times when i stood up suddenly, but physically felt fine and probably would've had a decent workout with more rest between sets.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Very nice :)
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

I actually ran into a bit of the same problem with the heart rate. I took the average over 3 days as I had taken a week off prior to purchasing BP. It averaged 68-71 then was high 50's low 60's during famine. I assumed it was from dreams/flip-flopping to grab phone or something for the stop watch. Not too sure though, as it puzzled me as well.
LHockey

Post by LHockey »

JlCh wrote:I actually ran into a bit of the same problem with the heart rate. I took the average over 3 days as I had taken a week off prior to purchasing BP. It averaged 68-71 then was high 50's low 60's during famine. I assumed it was from dreams/flip-flopping to grab phone or something for the stop watch. Not too sure though, as it puzzled me as well.
how did your BP run go overall? did the famine still gear you up for nice gains?
LHockey

Post by LHockey »

October 7th:

Famine Day 4

Weight: 144.9lbs (-3.1lbs from day 1)

Calories: 1200

Cardio: 1 hour brisk walk

Supplements: 1 spiro tab

Thoughts: again, this is so strange. weight was actually UP .2lbs today from yesterday, and my rhr still hasn't gone up! i'm thinking the weight gain was due to going out to an asian restaurant for a bday dinner last night... lots of platters that 9 of us shared. i stuck to veggies and rice (literally 3oz of meat maximum), but i'm sure i took in a shitton of salt which would make me hold water

other than that, today i was hungry but only 1 day left and i can do it! felt a little soreness in my throat this morning so i drank a liter of low sodium v8 juice today and i'll get plenty of sleep tonight (got less than normal last night).

we'll see how my weight looks tomorrow, but i definitely haven't been going over 1300 cals on any day, and this is coming down from 2800+ cals a day :?

getting so close to the feast! i'll also be drinking tomorrow night at a party in my dorm
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I occasionally see the heart rate abberation here and there. It doesn't seem to affect things. The only explanation I have is that for a very few, your work capacity has increased so much and your weight decreased, the heart doesn't have to work as hard to carry around the weight.

Whatever the case, it's never adversely affected anyone. You should be good to go!