During famine supps

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
rzaragoza

During famine supps

Post by rzaragoza »

So I know that basically all I should take is my multi and fish oil but just curious as to what effect taking other supps would have on the effectiveness of the famine stage. Pre workout? Creatine? T booster?
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

The book does not specifically mention these (as I'm sure you know), but if you think about the purpose of the famine and the purpose of the supps you mentioned, the answer should become clear.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

Actually, creatine is thought to increase testosterone, and that is the reason for the test booster, but it says the reason for famine is to practically shut testosterone off so your body over compensates by creating MORE testosterone.

Rob ALSO said, in as many words as I recall, that if you have any gains in famine something is VERY wrong.

Steve
rzaragoza

Post by rzaragoza »

never thought i'd say this, but i'm hoping i don't make any gains between now and friday! thanks alot for the responses guys!
scump

Post by scump »

seasoned wrote:Actually, creatine is thought to increase testosterone, and that is the reason for the test booster, but it says the reason for famine is to practically shut testosterone off so your body over compensates by creating MORE testosterone.

Rob ALSO said, in as many words as I recall, that if you have any gains in famine something is VERY wrong.

Steve

how does creatine increase testosterone? knowing the mechanisms in which it works it seems impossible... it provides no hormonal activity what so ever, and for a lot of people supplemental creatine at the dosages used make no difference what so ever (regarding muscle hydration and ATP transport etc.).

to the OP regard famine supps, you want to avoid amino acids, protein, test boosters.. anything that would encourage a good environment for muscle growth (this includes creatine).

safe way to go is multi, fish oil, greens supplement, lethician granules.

some pre-workouts rob has said are ok, but i think hes just being flexible there. What i recommended is just taking some caffeine pre workout (depending on your sensitivity to caffeine) and this should provide you with enough juice during the workout.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

Scump,

I have seen several places that said it increased testosterone. It IS a byproduct a a few aminos, but I myself wasn't saying it does only that some think it does.

I WILL say that I think the only supplement muscle mass provides that has creatine is anabolyn, and I believe Rob said not to have that or adaptagen N or the MPA or Mass pro.

Steve
scump

Post by scump »

they also stock kre-alkalyn on its own.

and i still cant see HOW it could increase testosterone... i know there is evidence that using it in extremely high doses over short periods of time can increase anabolic activity, but that is only due to the fact it is coupled with weight training.

the creatine on its own holds no benefit to increasing testosterone.

that said i could be wrong and if anyone knows better or has links to some credible studies i will be happy to give it a read.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Supps are minimized during Famine for a reason; this is a time dedicated to cleansing/detox and depleting muscle substrate. Virtually all supps are designed to do the opposite.

It is only 5 days :)
rzaragoza

Post by rzaragoza »

only taking my multi and fish oil :)
antithesis

Post by antithesis »

seasoned wrote:Scump,

I have seen several places that said it increased testosterone. It IS a byproduct a a few aminos, but I myself wasn't saying it does only that some think it does.

I WILL say that I think the only supplement muscle mass provides that has creatine is anabolyn, and I believe Rob said not to have that or adaptagen N or the MPA or Mass pro.

Steve
You have probably heard this from adviertisments, there is not a shred of documented evidence that shows creatine is a test booster.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

MASS does sell stand along Kre-Alkalyn. For what it's worth, they were the FIRST to distribute in the U.S. Whatever you think of Kre-Alkalyn, it does have its fans. I view it as a very efficient form of creatine. You get the same performance benefits at 1/10th the dose and none of the bloating etc nor hassle of loading up on gritty powder 4 to 5x a day.

With respect to creatine/testosterone, one interesting tidbit:

https://forum.bodybuildingsupplements.com/showthrea ... =127479343

Apparently, more DHT is found in the blood for some reason. Also, there is similar evidence it MAY affect GH. Not enough data to prove anything yet but something is going on.....probably secondary to phosphagen levels rising so dramatically in the muscle cell.

Thought you might find this interesting.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

antithesis wrote:
seasoned wrote:Scump,

Steve
You have probably heard this from adviertisments, there is not a shred of documented evidence that shows creatine is a test booster.
I don't tend to listen to ads, and HAVE seen it on other sites. Still, I didn't say it to start an argument.

Steve
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

There is general agreement it is non-hormonal. If it does act in any hormonal fashion in any meaningful capcity, it would trip a drug screen..... which it doesn't.

So I'm hoping we can agree.... it's a nice, non-hormonal adjunct to The Blueprint - in whatever form you'd like. Just know it's a piece to the puzzle, but only one piece :)
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

RobRegish wrote:There is general agreement it is non-hormonal. If it does act in any hormonal fashion in any meaningful capcity, it would trip a drug screen..... which it doesn't.

So I'm hoping we can agree.... it's a nice, non-hormonal adjunct to The Blueprint - in whatever form you'd like. Just know it's a piece to the puzzle, but only one piece :)
YEP! ND, it doesn't act hormonal in any meaningful capacity, for the record, I DID laugh, and think it was ridiculous when people reported that mcgwire used a steroid called creatine. And NO, I am NOT saying it is a steroid, it was simply reported that way. Heck, the steroid/pro hormone act doesn't mention creatine.

Still, a lot of things are said to increase testosterone, squats, for instance. That doesn't mean it will cause you to flunk a test, etc...

Steve