Stiff legged deadlift

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
DaCookie

Stiff legged deadlift

Post by DaCookie »

Am I meant to touch the ground for each rep or just bend down with knees almost locked?
scump

Post by scump »

i touch the ground (alot of places say you have to) some even recconmend standing on a elevated platform to allow for maximum stretch.

meanwhile there is also SLDL straight back, where you dont touch the ground (impossible unless you have gorilla arms).

im thinking of doing mine straight back untill i get my squat belt...
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

scump wrote:i touch the ground (alot of places say you have to) some even recconmend standing on a elevated platform to allow for maximum stretch.

meanwhile there is also SLDL straight back, where you dont touch the ground (impossible unless you have gorilla arms).

im thinking of doing mine straight back untill i get my squat belt...
What you on about straight back?I thought your always meant to keep your back straight and if you hunch up in a circle type fashion with your back then your risking injury.Back straight but at a slant is how I do it.I dunno if that means its arched.I bend my hips not my back so my back isnt at 90 degrees.More like 60-70 when repping the weight.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

For my money... nothing too exaggerated with these. You just want to get a good stretch in the muscle. Anything too far down or in a position that feels un-natural or you feel you are losing the lift or at risk of injury - avoid.

You'll find that spot, somewhere in your warmups. This is largely what warmups are for. Greasing the groove. Let it come to you, don't force it. I'm not trying to go all Zen on you but I think you know what I'm saying here.... I hope so anyway :)
scump

Post by scump »

DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Oh yeh I see what you mean, he doesnt touch the floor so yeh.