Uni-liver

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
the_buffer

Uni-liver

Post by the_buffer »

Hey,

I just ordered Animal uni-liver. It says that a serving size is 2 tablets... does that mean I should take 12 per hour as opposed to 6?

Thx!
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

UNILIVER is 30 grain! There are 15.4323584 grains to the gram, so 30grain is about 1.94GM. That is PER tablet. Beverlys ultra 40 is 40 grain or 2.59GM per tablet.

so 6 tablets ultra 40=15.54Gms
15.54Gms of uniliver would be about 8 tablets

So it depends what you are talking about. I think the OLD standard was like 20grain, and uniliver is 50% more than THAT!

BTW ultra 40 says the serving size is 1 tablet, but THEY say:

Directions For Beverly Int. Ultra 40:
Take 4 tablets with one or more meals daily or as directed by your physician. For maximum results, take one tablet for each 10lbs bodyweight daily.

Steve
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

wow, thanks Steve, that's some great information.

Blueprint doesn't go into much detail on the number of grains, but does say that it originated from Vince Gironda, so maybe the 20 grain you mentioned is what he had his trainees use.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

Glad to help, I basically had the same question a while ago. The PRECISE answer to what is meant is difficult. Healthy and fit states the standard is 23grains, BUT... Look at a snippet I found in a blog from google:
If we could turn the bodybuilding clock back a few decades, we would be able to clearly see how liver came into prominence as a sports nutrition supplement. Stories from some of the old timers telling of phenomenal gains being made on 100 plus liver tablets a day are very common. (These were the 7.5 or 10 grain tablets, an intake of 25 -30 tablet per day would equate to this amount due to the higher potency now available.) Strength, size, and endurance increases are always reported when an individual gets on a good quality desiccated liver supplement.

According to Vince Gironda, the “Iron Guru”, desiccated liver contains nucleic acids for proper amino-acid utilization, a growth factor and an anti-estrogen factor, which keeps testosterone levels high, and it is also a great anti-toxin.
So I guess if you read that vince gironda said take 6, take six. You MIGHT be getting almost 3 times the protein he suggested but, in grams, it is so small it will likely just help. I think ultra 40 is the ONLY one that is 40 or more, so he likely didn't mean that.

BTW 100 tablets sounds like a LOT but, at 10gr, that is only about 33 of the uniliver, or less than 6 each meal if you are taking 6 meals.

Steve
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Liver tabs were discussed extensively in this thread, a good ways back- https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... liver+tabs

Take from it what you will.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

askmass wrote:Liver tabs were discussed extensively in this thread, a good ways back- https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... liver+tabs

Take from it what you will.
I didn't want to mention it, but I read that about dave draper's and beverly. as being the best they could find. I don't think I ever heard of "Nature’s Life Beef Liver". Dave drapers site now only seems to have beverly.

But still, some are right. Stomachs should be warmer, there are intestines there is movement, enzymes, etc... If it works GREAT! If it doesn't? Oh well. I DO know that ULTRA 40 dissolves. Apparently they DO provide some nutrition. That said, even at what they recommend for ME, 28 tablets, it is only 70Gms of protein(and it would be LESS on the others. 52.5Gms for uniliver with the same number of tablets). The question is, is it the right amount and mix to make a noticeable difference. I haven't been consistent enough to really voice an opinion there.

Steve
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

ya, I found that review as well, but seeing as it was really old I looked into newer reviews. Most people seemed to find that uniliver was a decent product, and the price was pretty good. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

The unfortunate thing is that because I'll be simultaneously be starting several things including adaptagens and liver tabs at the same time, it may be hard to determine the quality of an individual product.
scump

Post by scump »

hmm these posts have inspired me! next run i will be doing the liver tab dosing for the first week!

sorry Rob not sure if its mentioned, but after the first week do you keep taking more liver tabs? or do you stop completely?

after reading these comments it seems like the type of thing u would want to continue to take!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

scump wrote:hmm these posts have inspired me! next run i will be doing the liver tab dosing for the first week!

sorry Rob not sure if its mentioned, but after the first week do you keep taking more liver tabs? or do you stop completely?

after reading these comments it seems like the type of thing u would want to continue to take!
i like to take liver tabs everyday (i take them before bed)

helps to replace the lack of organ meat in our every day diets.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

First 7-10 days only. Becomes laborious after that!