BCAAs

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
awisler

BCAAs

Post by awisler »

Just ordered some, although I am already in my feast stage, I should have them by day 15 or so of it and I will start taking them then.

In the book it mentions during feast to take 20-40g throughout the day for 3 days, then off for 3 days and repeat.

It also mentions taking 25-40g spread out from preworkout through postworkout.

Should I do both of these? Even if it overlaps? Say I am working out on Day 1, Day 3, and Day 5.

Would I take 20-40g throughout the day on Days 1-3, in ADDITION to 25-40g with the workout? With Days 4-6 off.

Or 25-40g with the workout on Day 1 and 3, and 20-40g throughout the day on Day 2? With Days 4-6 off.

Or finally, just take BCAAs during workouts on Day 1,3 and 5 and not take them on Day 2,4 and 6?

Hope that makes sense, thanks.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

you can do both if you like,, but it gets expensive really fast

The BCAA protocol that calls for 20-40g throughout the day 3 days on/3 days off has been really great for me and i would suggest using it.

Unless you're trying to gain weight quickly in which case the intra workout carbs can be very helpful :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great answer!
awisler

Post by awisler »

Hm ok. What is the reasoning behind the 3 on/3 off plan?
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

awisler,

Somewhere herein Rob discusses how he tried many different dosage and scheduling protocols with BCAA's and this one is the best for him. I blve there was some accompanying research that got him going in the right direction with it - he can confirm or correct if needed.

Use it as a template and then tweak the timing if needed from there.
For example, when I run it now, I go 2 days on, 2 days off and then 2 days on and then 1 day off to fit with my "43" training cycle (to stay hooked up with normal weeks for sports schedules etc.) ... and to fit that same weekly rotation, I plan to experiment with 4 days on and 3 days off early in an upcoming feast...

hth
awisler

Post by awisler »

Thanks for the help. I trust Rob is right, it was more just out of curiosity. Although you have a great idea with the 4/3, I think I will go through that to try and keep it all simplified, knowing that I am taking them on X days of the week and not on Y days of the week rather than keep track.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It was largely trial and error on my part... over about 15 years. It works, and works well. You won't regret executing either plan.. :)