** CAP's 1st BP RUN **

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
cappla011

** CAP's 1st BP RUN **

Post by cappla011 »

Alright, so I'm about to start my first BP run! Woooooooo! I think I will be starting the Famine Phase on Friday.

About Me: I'm 23, weigh around 185 lbs at the moment, about 6 foot even. I have been very skinny most of my life, and just recently starting to put on the weight/muscle/size. I was a high school/collegiate swimmer for 8 years, and in the past roughly 2 years I have gotten into weight lifting. I just did the Size Surge routine, where I put on a lot of strength. I am hoping to do the same with a BP run. My bench went from roughly 10 reps of 175lbs to 9 reps of 205lbs, and my squats went from roughly 10 reps of 225lbs to 9 reps of 275lbs. I finished that about 3 weeks ago, and have lost a little strength since then.

My plan is to do the standard Famine workouts, and then the standard 1-5 Workouts, rotating Bench Press and Squats. After that, I plan on doing GLP #1, as follows:

GLP #1: Bench

6 sets of of GLP1: Bench

1st EDT Block -

Incline DB Press
DP Pullover

2nd EDT Block -

Hammer Curls
Overhead DB Extension ( or Skullcrushers)

GLP #1: Squat

6 sets of GLP1: Squat

1st EDT Block -

Deadlifts
Leg Sled

Static Cable Crunch x2

I plan on running the following (during Feast Stage) -

Kre-Anabolyn
White Flood
Purple WrAAth (3 days on/3 days off)
Orange Triad
Whey Shakes for Post Workout, Casein Shakes before sleep

QUESTIONS

1.) I broke my wrist 2 years ago, and never let it heal/ rehab-ed it properly. As a result, it severely affects my bicep workouts, and in turn put my biceps way behind all my other muscles. It does not affect me at all while working out any other muscle group. The thing is, I can't rotate my palms out and raise them up, like must bicep workouts require. Just way too much pain involved, forcing me to only use very light weights. Therefore I decided to do Hammer Curls for my EDT Block, which I can do pain-free. Is this okay? I can also do Reverse BB Curls, should I do them instead?

2.) I have GreenMag (creatine) laying around. Can I use this during the Feast Phase? Or is that not needed because of the Kre-Anabolyn?

3.) I placed my order for Kre-Anabolyn on Monday. It literally just shipped like 15 mins ago. I was gonna start my Famine Phase on Friday, therefore needing the Kre-Anabolyn by Wednesday. I should def have it in time, right (I live in New Jersey)?

4.) I really would like to add in a shoulder/trap workout in the Feast Phase. I was thinking DB Shrugs. Is there anywhere I can include this? I was thinking after the EDT Block for the Squats Workout?

5.) Any suggestions?!? My goal is to be able to put up 10 reps of 225lbs on the Bench Press. My goal for Squats is to just get up a decent amount of reps of something over 300lbs.

Thanks everyone!!!! Cant wait to start!!
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Welcome to the forums cap or should I say Mel. Nice pic. Suggestions on the wrist: maybe some light motion rehab, and tape or wrap. I've had a few wrist issues in the past and did some forearm movements for strength and taped for a while. I ended up finding a wrist wrap for the cost of a couple rolls of tape. Good luck buddy!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

First, welcome aboard!

QUESTIONS

1.) I broke my wrist 2 years ago, and never let it heal/ rehab-ed it properly. As a result, it severely affects my bicep workouts, and in turn put my biceps way behind all my other muscles. It does not affect me at all while working out any other muscle group. The thing is, I can't rotate my palms out and raise them up, like must bicep workouts require. Just way too much pain involved, forcing me to only use very light weights. Therefore I decided to do Hammer Curls for my EDT Block, which I can do pain-free. Is this okay? I can also do Reverse BB Curls, should I do them instead?

A. Yes, those are excellent substitutions.

2.) I have GreenMag (creatine) laying around. Can I use this during the Feast Phase? Or is that not needed because of the Kre-Anabolyn?

A. I'd prefer you hold the GreenMag for cruise. KA is much better suited to Feast and already contains Kre-Alkalyn.

3.) I placed my order for Kre-Anabolyn on Monday. It literally just shipped like 15 mins ago. I was gonna start my Famine Phase on Friday, therefore needing the Kre-Anabolyn by Wednesday. I should def have it in time, right (I live in New Jersey)?

A. No idea. Don't sweat it though a few days late won't make or break you.

4.) I really would like to add in a shoulder/trap workout in the Feast Phase. I was thinking DB Shrugs. Is there anywhere I can include this? I was thinking after the EDT Block for the Squats Workout?

A. EDT blocks is where you'd use it, yes. So you're on the right track already!

5.) Any suggestions?!? My goal is to be able to put up 10 reps of 225lbs on the Bench Press. My goal for Squats is to just get up a decent amount of reps of something over 300lbs.

A. I'd simply counsel to look at it one week at a time. Tempting to look at the whole thing but honestly, that'll just overwhelm you. One week at a time and I'll be right here to walk you through it, along with others!
cappla011

Post by cappla011 »

DAY 1

Alright, so today I did my first Famine workout!! And I'd have to say, it went pretty well!

Famine Workout #1

Jump set #1
Squats - 8x135 (warmup), 6x245, 6x245, 6x245
DB rows - 6x65, 6x65, 6x65

Jump set #2
Cable rows - 6x130, 6x130, 6x130
Pulldowns - 6x125, 6x125, 6x125

Barbell Curls - 6x70
rest 2 min
Reverse barbell curls - 6x60
rest 2 min
Hammer curls - 6x35

20 minutes of cardio (treadmill)

I probably could have added weight to the DB rows and the cable rows. Otherwise I felt everything was appropriate.

So far today I've had some cantaloupe, a banana, a special k bar, and a pack of fruit gummies, and am currently eating an apple. Suprisingly I'm not too hungry. I'm probably gonna have to eat a decent bit more to hit around 1400 calories. I'll make sure I have a decent sized dinner.

Looking forward to the next workout!
st3760

Post by st3760 »

welcome. we started out with about the same stats. but no where to go but up from here. just finished famine and it was tough but you will be just fine. looks like you have things under control. very nice...good luck
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great start man, great attitude and great log.

You've got all the ingredients :)
cappla011

Post by cappla011 »

DAY 4

Weight 181lbs (Day 3), -4lbs

Yesterday I did my 2nd Famine workout. And man I must say, it was EXHAUSTINGGGGGG!! It was a lot more tiring, painful, and miserable then the 1st Famine workout. I just felt a lot weaker and a lot more drained, and it definitely showed. I felt so drained immediately after the bench presses that I could barely even lift the dumbbells for the shoulder presses. My wrist was also throbbing during the wide grip bench. Wasn't a fan of that.

FAMINE WORKOUT #2

Wide grip bench press - 10x165
Seated DB shoulder press - 8x35

rest 1 min

Close grip bench press - 1x165 (realized quickly too much), 3x155 (still too much), 8x135
Seated DB shoulder press - 4x35 (decided to lower weight after this)

rest 1 min

Incline bench press - 10x135
Seated DB shoulder press - 8x25 (30's were taken)

rest 1 min

Decline bench press - 10x135
Seated DB shoulder press - 8x25

Decline close grip bench - 10x115

rest 1 min

Skullcrushers - 10x60

rest 1 min

Cable pressdowns - 10x60

rest 1 min

Cable pressdowns - 10x80

20 min cardio (treadmill)

Being the end of Day 4, the eating of low calories and just fruits and vegetables is starting to get to me, and starting to drain and weaken me. I reaaaaaally can't wait to get back to eating normal food and some chicken and turkey, for sure. But you know what, I know this just means I'm doing it right, because I know I'm supposed to be feeling like this. I know I shouldn't be comfortable.

Even though I've been pretty tired, I'm very excited for tomorrow's workout. I know it's going to be exhausting, but I feel like my legs and back are strong points, and I know I can push through those 5 sets of squats. I just know I need to be careful, because I've seen Rob say many times that if you feel sick or that if you might injure yourself, to definitely stop. So I'll obv keep that in mind.

More importantly, I can't wait for 2 days to start eating! WOoooo!
cappla011

Post by cappla011 »

Here is my supplement stash -

I'll be taking the Green Mag during the Cruise Phase, and not the Feast Phase. The Golden Gains is almost gone, and I'm just gonna use it as a meal replacement really.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

cappla011 wrote:DAY 4

Weight 181lbs (Day 3), -4lbs

Yesterday I did my 2nd Famine workout. And man I must say, it was EXHAUSTINGGGGGG!! It was a lot more tiring, painful, and miserable then the 1st Famine workout. I just felt a lot weaker and a lot more drained, and it definitely showed. I felt so drained immediately after the bench presses that I could barely even lift the dumbbells for the shoulder presses. My wrist was also throbbing during the wide grip bench. Wasn't a fan of that.

FAMINE WORKOUT #2

Wide grip bench press - 10x165
Seated DB shoulder press - 8x35

rest 1 min

Close grip bench press - 1x165 (realized quickly too much), 3x155 (still too much), 8x135
Seated DB shoulder press - 4x35 (decided to lower weight after this)

rest 1 min

Incline bench press - 10x135
Seated DB shoulder press - 8x25 (30's were taken)

rest 1 min

Decline bench press - 10x135
Seated DB shoulder press - 8x25

Decline close grip bench - 10x115

rest 1 min

Skullcrushers - 10x60

rest 1 min

Cable pressdowns - 10x60

rest 1 min

Cable pressdowns - 10x80

20 min cardio (treadmill)

Being the end of Day 4, the eating of low calories and just fruits and vegetables is starting to get to me, and starting to drain and weaken me. I reaaaaaally can't wait to get back to eating normal food and some chicken and turkey, for sure. But you know what, I know this just means I'm doing it right, because I know I'm supposed to be feeling like this. I know I shouldn't be comfortable.

Even though I've been pretty tired, I'm very excited for tomorrow's workout. I know it's going to be exhausting, but I feel like my legs and back are strong points, and I know I can push through those 5 sets of squats. I just know I need to be careful, because I've seen Rob say many times that if you feel sick or that if you might injure yourself, to definitely stop. So I'll obv keep that in mind.

More importantly, I can't wait for 2 days to start eating! WOoooo!
Good man. Do take my advice.... and remember, just 2 more days. Maybe 1 given it's 4:40 AM as I write this.
cappla011

Post by cappla011 »

DAY 5

Weight : 177lbs, -4lbs (-8lbs total from starting weight)

So I have finished the Famine Phase, and man it feels great. Technically I should wait til tomorrow morning, but I said eff it and just had a nice turkey/roast beer/ham sandwich right now.

FAMINE WORKOUT #3

Jump set #1
Squats - 6x185, 6x185, 6x185, 6x185, 6x185
DB rows - 6x65, 6x65, 6x65, 6x65, 6x65

Jump set #2
Cable rows - 6x120, 6x120, 6x120, 6x120, 6x120
Pulldowns - 6x112.5, 6x112.5, 6x112.5, 4x112.5, 4x112.5

Barbell curls - 6x70

rest 30s

Reverse barbell curls - 6x60

rest 30s

Hammer curls - 6x35

10 minutes of cardio (treadmill)

This workout was pretty exhausting as I expected. I felt pretty good with the first Jump set, but the second Jump set I started to die out. Otherwise everything was pretty good.

So now I'm just gonna relax, and EAT, til Friday when I'll do my first Feast workout. Even though I knew it was gonna happen, I can't believe I dropped 8lbs so fast. I definitely dislike being this low in weight, so I'm gonna try to pack on the weight as quickly as possible now.

Until Friday, adios!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Think you may have erred on the reps (should have been 12-15) BUT, no worries. Your comments re weight lost, etc tell me you're there.

Enjoy your three days off of eating, resting and transition. Your plan for workouts 1-5 leading into the GLP looks solid.

Right here for you if you need me. Off to a great start and I REALLY appreciate the work you're putting into this.

You're doing it justice man...
cappla011

Post by cappla011 »

Whoops. In your Sample Famine Phase Workout Template sticky, I took -
Select a weight that puts you in the 12-15 rep range.
as still lift 4-6 reps, but with a weight that you normally could do 12-15 reps with. Oh well, no big deal.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Right no biggie. I guess I could have explained it better.. my bad.

Can't wait for your Feast results :) Nice work making it through!
cappla011

Post by cappla011 »

DAY 8

Weight: 184.5, +7.5 (-0.5lbs total from starting weight)

Well, it's only been 3 days since Famine and I've already gained most of my weight back. I'm very surprised I gained so much weight back so fast. I am definitely a hard-gainer, and never gain weight this quick. I suspect 1 or 2lbs are water-weight, but regardless, I'm happy that I'm back up to 184ish.

On Wednesday (2 days ago), I ended up going wakeboarding with a couple friends. It was probably not the best idea because I should have been resting, but it was fun regardless. I've been going for the past couple years on my friends boat and have gotten somewhat decent, but it is definitely a workout. I was sore on that day to begin with, and still a little sore from it today.

But other than that, I have been resting and eating a CRAPLOAD. Today was my first Feast workout, and it went okay. I still am a little weak, but I think that is a given considering I took a full week off before Famine, and then Famine broke me down.

FEAST WORKOUT #1

Bench Press - 8x135, 4x155, 9x195
DB Pullover - 10x50

EDT BLOCK #1
Incline DB press - 6x50, 6x50, 6x50, 6x50, 6x50
DB rows - 6x65, 6x65, 6x65, 6x65, 6x65
60 total sets

Squats - 8x135, 4x225, 9x265
Straight-legged Deadlifts - 8x185

EDT BLOCK #2
Deadlifts - 6x145, 6x145, 6x145, 6x145, 6x145
Leg Sled - 7x210, 6x210, 6x210, 6x210, 6x210
61 total sets

**green color = warmup**

I wasn't paying attention on the first set of Leg Sled and did an extra rep. I was a little disappointed with my Bench Press, I thought I would have gotten up 10 reps of that. I actually needed a tiny bit of help with my 9th rep. About 4-5 weeks ago I got up 9 reps of 205, and that is my best. I was hoping I would be closer to that. But, once again, considering the week off before Famine and then Famine, I guess almost 9 reps of 195 is good enough.

I was pretty happy with my Squats. My best is 9x275, so I am not far off of that already. I was really working it though, I don't think I could have gotten up another rep if I tried. The Straight-legged Deadlift immediately after was KILLER, I was exhausted after that.

I am going to increase all of my weight for the EDT blocks for next workout. I'm thinking +5 on the Incline DB Press and DB rows, +10 on the Deadlifts, and +20 on the Leg Sled.

Here are some wakeboarding pictures, maybe I can get a couple more people to follow along with Rob if I put up some pics :)

Me in mid-air (wakeboard):

My friend (who is absolutely nasty) in mid-air drinking a beer (wakeboard):

Me wiping out (wakeskate):

My friend wiping out (wakeskate):

Prolly gonna take 2 days off til next workout. Until then, see ya!