starting sooon!

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
scump

starting sooon!

Post by scump »

ok so i was going to do famine this week (since i just had a week of holidays) but the holidays turned out to be getting hammered every night and snow boarding every day...so ima rest this week n start famine next week!

but i have a few questions, alot of the workouts im doing are variances as i only have dumbells/barbells.

in feast after the squats it suggests...Romanian Deadlifts/Leg Sled EDT block, now i can do romanian deadlifts/standard deadlifts but am wondering what else i should pair it with for the EDT block? i was thinking maybe side/rear/walking BB/DB lunges?

all i have for now, but im sure i will think up some more!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Alright scump! Nice hearing from you as I've been wondering :)

Now we need to get a little creative here. For your EDT pairings, consider the following

RDL's
Heavy Dumbell lunges

OR

RDL's
Dumbell step ups onto a bench

Either of these is going to be incredibly hard work but remember, that's why we limit it to one EDT block after legs.

You can do two EDT blocks on upper body as it's less taxing/works smaller muscle groups. On legs/back though and movements that hit the two... takes a lot out of you!
scump

Post by scump »

2 edt sets for upper body you say?

i already have incline DB presses s/s with dumbell rows, what else would you recconmend pairing with those?

so it has to be romanian deadlift, as opposed to standard deadlift?

i think ill go with the lunges (due to height restrictions)

and i doubt after smashing out squats paired with SLDL i would be able to push out 2x EDT blocks anyway lol
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

2nd EDT block on upper body days..

Incline DB curls
Lying tricep extensions/skullcruhers

Assuming you want to grow those guns :) And yes, I much prefer the RDL's to regular DL's..
scump

Post by scump »

lol i was going to say a bi/tri EDT block, just like everyone else, want the guns.

so for a RDL does the bar actually touch the ground?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Nope, just halfway down the shins. Overhand grip..