1st Blueprint Run for a Badger

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Uwbodybuilding

1st Blueprint Run for a Badger

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Hey guys. So here's the deal. I'm going to start my first BP run in about 5.5 weeks. I started this log early so that I could show you my plan and get some feedback.

Until then, I will be continuing a cut that I started 3.5 months ago. I started at 261 and am now down to 243.6. I would like to lose another 10-15 pounds by the time I start the blueprint.

My current plan is:

2500 calories per day, at least 250g protein

Day 1: chest/tris/traps
Day 2: back/bis/calves
Day 3: rest
Day 4: shoulders/traps
Day 5: legs/calves
Day 6: rest
Day 7: repeat

Currently supplementing lean xtreme (3 per day) and mitotropin (6 per day).

My following posts will be my upcoming BP plans!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Folks, I'd like you to welcome UWbodbuilding..

If memory serves, he was a bit skeptical of The Blueprint but eventually came on board. I'm not sure why (would be curious)?

In any case, it's been a LONG time since I've seen someone so excited, prepared and put forth so much energy into prepping for his first run. I know all of you BP Believers will step up to assist :)

UWB, we'll need to know a bit about your goals for BP (mass gain, recomp, cut etc).

I appreciate the background you've already shared. Hell of a job getting from where you were to where you are! 261 to 243 in 4.5 months! Awesome work.. Some additional background as to how much (if any) strength you lost, training age, any existing injuries etc would be helpful.

Can't wait to see the follow up posts!!
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Absolutely rob! Thanks for the welcome.

So far my strength has either been maintained or increased a little bit. Still benched 290 x 5, squatted 410 x 5, etc. Dips and pull ups are rocking :D

I've been lifting for 7 years and bodybuilding for 3. My early lifting was for football and wrestling in high school. I still wrestle in college.

I fractured my right hand/wrist in 2 place, so I use a good brace for heavy lifting. Haven't had problems. I also had bad tendinitis in my left knee last summer, but it hasn't bothered me for months now. Feeling healthy!

I hope that at the end of my cut I am 228-230. I wrestle at 235lb weight class, so I'd like to gain mass/recoup to get there and gain as much strength in the process.
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Pre-Blueprint and Famine:

The BLUEPRINT for BIG MUSCLE Building

7 days: Pre-Blueprint

• Take an entire week off from exercise
• Supplement with only a multivitamin and fish oil (2-3g)
• Keep calories at maintenance (2150)
• Measure resting heart rate every morning upon waking (average the 7 days)

5 Days: Famine

Key Points:
• Keep calories at 8x body weight or less (<1680)
• Eat as little protein as possible
• Eat mostly fruits, vegetables, and some nuts
• Supplement with only a multivitamin, fish oil (2-3g), and lecithin granules
• Long cardio sessions help this phase (the goal is to alarm your body of muscle breakdown as much as possible)
• Detoxification programs, tea, and vegetable drinks (low sodium V8) are all viable options
• Measure resting heart rate every morning upon waking (you want your HR to be at least 8 bpm higher than your pre-blueprint reading)

Workouts:

Pretty much exactly what's in the text.

Lookin good so far?
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Good to see you running your program bro! In for epicness :)
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Big.jazayrli wrote:Good to see you running your program bro! In for epicness :)
Thanks man.

How does it look so far?
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Feast:

28-42 Days: Feast

Days 1-6: Calories at 20x bodyweight and protein at 1.5 grams per pound
Days 7-12: Calories at 18x bodyweight and protein at 1.5 grams per pound
Days 13-28: Calories at 15x bodyweight and protein at 1.5 grams per pound
Days 29-42: Calories at 12x bodyweight and protein at 1 gram per pound

I feel like this is an appropriate calorie plan since I want to gain about 10lbs and then recomp. Any other suggestions for a different calorie plan?
A. Good plan. Alternate strategy: First 4 weeks, 120% of maintenance on training days and 100% on non-training days. Last 3 weeks a bit lower (100%/85%) if too much fat is laid down in the prior month.

Key Points:
-E-Bol 3 servings per day (breakfast, 60-90 minutes pre-workout, pwo)
-cbol creatine 6 per day
-BCAAs, 40g per day (10g at a time between meals, 3 days on 3 days off)
-Liver tabs, 6 every waking hour w/12 ounces of water (first week only)
-Salt with every meal
-Multivitamin and fish oil (2-3g)
-3 scoops Oximega (alkalizing) per day with E-Bol (before high protein meals to aid in digestion)

Should I wait to use c-boll for my solidifying phase? I also have neogenix supremacy on hand:https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/store/neo/sup.html

A. Yes, hold cbol creatine/creatine in reserve for Cruise.

I think running that at 4 caps a day would be a good idea.

Training:

*note to self: add EDT blocks to first 5 high intensity workouts *

After the 5 day high intensity program, I plan on hitting some GLP hard. I was thinking of this schedule:

Workout 1:

Dead lift
Military press
Edt block

3 days rest

Workout 2:

Squats
Bench press
Edt block

3 days rest
Repeat
Is that all my workouts need to consist of; 4 exercises? Can I add calves, forearms, and other isolation lifts at the end?

A. Best to start with the 4 exercises to assess tolerance to that kind of volume. You can add more exercises IF it doesn't take away from your big barbell lifts/strength gains there.

Great plan though. Consider a 1 on/2 off to start provided you can recover from it....
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Welcome in buddy and good luck on your comp.
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Thanks for the help rod. Still interested in what you think of neogenix supremacy. I also have 2 bottles of anabolic innovations testopro.

Today is an off day for me. I may go for a long bike ride today instead. I love biking for my cardio. I just did back and bis yesterday, so thats where I am in my split.

Here's yesterdays workout:

Pull ups - 5 sets
Lat pull super set with cable pull overs - 5 sets
Wide hammer grip pull downs - 4 sets
Incline dumbbell curls - 3 sets
Seated cable curls - 3 sets
Seated db concentration curls - 2 sets
Standing calf raise super set with seated calf raise - 4 sets

I've been alternating each back workout width and thickness. Yesterday was width, so next time I'll do dead lift and barbell rows among other back thickness exercises.

Also rob, you are right. I was skeptical of this program before, and I know why. One reason was because no one could say anything about it really, obviously since it costs money. But I didn't know anything about it, so it was easy to think you were a snake oil salesman. The other reason is because I thought I had learned what the BP was. I thought it was only a workout program and I think it's dumb to charge people money for a workout alone.

I think we all know that the BP is so much more ;)
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

dracotdrgn wrote:Welcome in buddy and good luck on your comp.
Thank you, sir!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

One request: Please remove those links. I know your intent was good (just trying to show what's in the products) but nolinksplease.com has "issues" with me/Blueprint and I just don't want to get you/me banned. Hope you understand..

Anyway, the ingredients in those products look sensible although I haven't personally used them. I'd like to know what % extract the Cissus is in Supremacy.

Otherwise, certainly worth experimenting with. And you are 100% spot on with vertical/horizontal rows for wide-thickness.

Everyone should take note of that point.... great, great training tip. Thank you!!!
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

RobRegish wrote:One request: Please remove those links. I know your intent was good (just trying to show what's in the products) but nolinksplease.com has "issues" with me/Blueprint and I just don't want to get you/me banned. Hope you understand..

Anyway, the ingredients in those products look sensible although I haven't personally used them. I'd like to know what % extract the Cissus is in Supremacy.

Otherwise, certainly worth experimenting with. And you are 100% spot on with vertical/horizontal rows for wide-thickness.

Everyone should take note of that point.... great, great training tip. Thank you!!!
No problem rob!

And I figure the back is composed of so many complex muscles that it may be more efficient to focus on width/thickness on separate days.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Uwbodybuilding wrote:
Big.jazayrli wrote:Good to see you running your program bro! In for epicness :)
Thanks man.

How does it look so far?
Great, man.

Honestly, Rob said it to me, and I'll repeat it to you.

"You're putting alot into it and that's what you're going to get back"

Expect "interest" on your investment though ;)

You invest a week of fasting, and high intensity hellish training. And gain a mound of strength in return.
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

I'm not even sure how bad the last workout on famine will be. I'm a very pure bodybuilder and so I thrive in that 12 range.

Thanks for the kind words though. I'm going to give it my best and give the BP a fair shake. The best part? Even if my run goes really bad, I still gained good knowledge in the book that I have FOREVER. I particularly like the way EDT blocks look. Sounds very effective for complimenting big barbell lifts.

On that note, I'm going to go on a bike ride. I may lift later depending on how my shoulders feel. If I do, I'll eat 3000 calories instead of 2500. I don't usually work out twice in a day. I'm also gonna post my cruise phase basics...