Very confused

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
humsie

Very confused

Post by humsie »

I have read through the program a few time and i am still confused. at the start of the feast phase there is 5 workouts, should these be done everyday for 5 days or should they be one on on off?

Then when you get to the German loading it says 1 workout 2 workout are these just equivalent to the first 5 workouts above?

also there is a 6th workout there what is that?

any helps please
scump

Post by scump »

hey bro, where to start.

first of all, german loading pattern is in Feast, which follows famine.

famine has 5 days but only 3 workouts (mon wed fri) then you have sat/sun of refeeding and start feast workout on monday. (German Loading Pattern day 1).

these links will provide you with ALOT more closure (did for me atleast).

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=378

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=377

my advice for now is, forget about feast/cruise.... focus on getting famine down pact (its the easiest) and then after you know what your doing for that, focus on feast then finally cruise.

hope i helped.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

the first 5 workouts are just to transition into finding your maxes. They ramp up your CNS and do so very very well!

they can be performed every other day or every third day, up to you!
scump

Post by scump »

lol oops thought he said famine haha.

well half of my post still stands!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

scump wrote:lol oops thought he said famine haha.

well half of my post still stands!
hahah its all good man, we're sort of on similar pages :P
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Welcome Humsie!

As these BP followers attest it's natural to be confused at this point. Just today, I picked up feedback to this effect:

"I bought it few weeks back and I read it at night, i noticed a high blood pressure, a lot of sweating and a massive amount of confusion, I went to sleep.

I read it again the next day, and still a lot of confusion.

I have read it about 4 times now and just now I can see what it says! Its one of those things that you read and it makes perfect 100% sense once you get your head around it!"

It does take a few reads. Always think "big picture, big picture". Most importantly, take that suggested week off to read, re-read and formulate your questions. By getting your questions answered over that week, you'll have a much greater comfort level vs. where you stand today. The suggestion for just focusing on Famine (first week) is also an excellent one. It's all part of the process so rest assured, its natural to be where you are today and at this point in time..

Let me know if any of this helps. It will come into focus in time...
humsie

Post by humsie »

i think i understand it now. in the German loading phase do you just work one lift i.e bench press or do you squat aswell? Also should i do workout 1 for a week then workout 2, week 2?

How do you guys set your workout in this loading phase?
scump

Post by scump »

hey man did you check the links i posted with the templates? should answer your questions.

anyway when your on the GLP it should look like this (at the start)

workout 1 = bench press based
workout 2 = squat based

(note you can change these down the path)

week 1:
monday workout 1
thursday workout 2

rob recommends a 1 on 2 off approach (1 work day 2 rest days) at the start and you can add extra rest days if need be, its important you alternate these exercises (dont do workout 1 back to back) since your doing static holds, these will be very taxing.

here is the link again, it shows exactly everything you want to know.

Mikereade

Post by Mikereade »

"- Bench press for as many as you can get in the 8-10 rep range. NOTE this is ONE set (after warmups).
- Immediately perform a set of heavy dumbell pullovers* (8-10 reps).
- Focus on maximally stretching the muscle at the bottom of the movement.
* Should be performed on a SLIGHT incline bench. If using an adjustable bench,
incline it one notch.

EDT BLOCK - sets performed back to back

Incline DB presses
Tbar rows "

Does this mean you do bench first and then go over and do oullovers, after a rest go and do incline db presses supersetted with t-bar rows and then onto squats afterwards?
awisler

Post by awisler »

Mikereade wrote:"- Bench press for as many as you can get in the 8-10 rep range. NOTE this is ONE set (after warmups).
- Immediately perform a set of heavy dumbell pullovers* (8-10 reps).
- Focus on maximally stretching the muscle at the bottom of the movement.
* Should be performed on a SLIGHT incline bench. If using an adjustable bench,
incline it one notch.

EDT BLOCK - sets performed back to back

Incline DB presses
Tbar rows "

Does this mean you do bench first and then go over and do oullovers, after a rest go and do incline db presses supersetted with t-bar rows and then onto squats afterwards?
Your first feast workout should look something like this:

Bench warmup w/ rest between all sets

Bench 8-10
Pullover 8-10
Rest

EDT #1
Incline DB Presses pick a weight you can barely do 10 reps of, and do 6 reps
Tbar Rows pick a weight you can barely do 10 reps of, and do 6 reps
Rest 2 minutes
Repeat this for a total of 6 sets

Squat warmup w/ rest between all sets

Squat 8-10
Stiff Leg DL 8-10

EDT #2
Preacher Curl pick a weight you can barely do 10 reps of, and do 6 reps
Skullcrushers pick a weight you can barely do 10 reps of, and do 6 reps
Rest 2 minutes
Repeat this for a total of 6 sets

The EDT blocks do not have to be curls/skullcrushers and DB press/rows, you can put in the exercises you think are best. Feast workouts 2-5 are the same, except you change the reps on your squat, bench, stiff leg deadlift and pullovers to what the book tells you.

Also, the first couple workouts you will learn how to pick a good weight for your EDT block, picking something you can barely do 10 reps of is more of a starting point, you may have to increase or decrease the weight the next time you do that EDT block.
Mikereade

Post by Mikereade »

Its just with the german loading pattern stuff for my barbell work do I just do my own thing for the other muscle groups?

with all 4 of those patterns I would just be doing bench press only for like 2 months straight. That's just what is throwing me, when does the program suggest you get rest of your body in and do you use those same % principles. I'm thoroughly confused.

EDIT: I finally see that feast workout stuff does your entire body in every workout so it makes sense to me now. But the loading stuff isn't 100% clear,
awisler

Post by awisler »

The loading pattern workouts you add EDT blocks in as well. In the book version I have, the feast workouts state to do the bench press/pullover for 8-10 and squat/SLDL 8-10 reps and that is it. You are allowed to add the EDT blocks in, it seems like most people do the loading pattern for the BB lift + 2 EDT blocks, and if you still have a ton of energy left over you could throw in a few sets of a muscle group you didn't hit if you want. But if you are gassed at that point then don't do extra.

I haven't started the GLP yet, that is next week for me, but that is my understanding of it.
scump

Post by scump »

i think i can clear this up a little.

first of all the loading pattern is only PART of your future feast workouts.

the GLP is designed for 1 reason and 1 reason only, increasing a primary lift over 6 workouts. (bench, squat, deadlift etc.).

the rest of your feast workout (you do AFTER the GLP in the same workout) is where you do your EDT blocks.

a big thing to remember, is if you throw in your isolation exercises you could be adding some retardation to your other lifts (by hitting the same area too much).

given that bench is a compound lift that uses alot of muscles, and everyone knows a squat is a great compound lift that incorporates alot of muscles.

i would recommend running the blueprint as close to the recommendations as possible first time, as altering it may alter your results... and given the fact it always has such promising results, why ruin a good thing?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent answer Scump. The short version:

Workouts 1-5 do your big barbell work justice and perform a few EDT blocks afterwards.

Peak during workout 5, take 2-3 days off and begin your GLP.

After you nail the GLP sets, rest briefly and proceed to your EDT blocks of choice. Some additional clarity:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=437

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=482

Sincerely hope that helps...