Justin's 1st BP RUN

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Justin

Justin's 1st BP RUN

Post by Justin »

RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You've got some of it right, some of it needs work. Here's what I'd recommend.

During that week off, make sure to get your resting heart rate average. Read, re-read and formulate additional questions.

Don't try to swallow Famine, Feast and Cruise whole. I know it's tempting but its also alot to wrap your head around. Let's start with Famine.

You've got almost all of it down right. The one part you had me confused was workout #3. This is on day 5 of Famine and you're depleting via 5 sets of much higher reps and only 30 seconds in between sets. I think you noted this but they way its written had me confused:

"Monday : workout 1 (4-6 rep range, 2 minutes rest)
Tuesday: Abs
Wednesday: Workout 2
Thursday: rest
Friday: workout 1 (12-15 reps, 5 sets , 30 seconds)"

So assuming that's what you meant (same as day 1 with sets/reps/rest periods adjusted) you're good to go.

Otherwise, your attention to detail is excellent and the food list in famine you sketched out is superb. Re-work that workout #3 and report back. I think you're going to have a great run...
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Some serious planning here wowz. My advice is dont jump ahead of yourself take your week off and just focus on famine..it is a critical(the most critical) and hardest phase because it is unlike anything most of us do normally. Food choices look good.

If you can afford to pick up a HR monitor or a BP cuff it is a useful tool to help monitor your status along each phase

Justin I gotta say you look like your in good shape already, may want to save some money for bigger shirts :).
Justin

Post by Justin »

i don't think i can afford any right now most $ going into supplements but I can just check my resting heart rate when i just wake up or when I'm just doing nothing during the day. and Rob i just got back from camping so I'm gonna try and fix those workouts now and post a more accurate diet.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK man appreciate it (you will too after your first run is done).. :)

As Hank said you're already in great shape so define your goals, stick to them and let us know how we can help!
Justin

Post by Justin »

and yes the workout 3 is is same just with different rep/set/rest.

okay now for the famine! i have two more days to rest before i start my very own Blueprint... I'm getting anxious.

okay now for famine each day i will be eating around 1400 calories these calories will be accomplished with the following foods: carrot, apple, cucumber, raspberries, celery, salad, banana, sweet potatoes, grapefruit juice, water, almonds

sample day:

MEAL 1:
take 2 pills of each a multi-vitamin/ omega-3
-1 cup of grapefruit juice (200 calories)
- 1 banana (100 calories)
total:300 calories

Meal 2:

- apple (45 calories)
-1 cucumber ( 45 calories )
-1 cup of raspberries (65 calories)
-1/4 cup of almonds (135 calories)
total: 290

MEAL 3:
- salad (leaves +cucumber + olive oil + vinegar)
-1 v8 (50 calories)
total: approximately 250 calories

MEAL 4:
1 multi vitamin and omega 3 pills
1 sweat potato baked (140 calories)
1 cup carrots (50 calories)
1 banana (100 calories)
1 cup of green tea
total:290 calories

MEAL 5
-1 cup of a skim milk ( 90 calories )
-1 apple (45 calories)
-1 melon (50 calories)
-1 cup of strawberries (50 calories)
-10 celery strips (10 calories)
total:235 calories

TOTAL: 1365 calories

if there is anything wrong or if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

-Justin
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Justin, this is absolutely perfect. So perfect, I'll be posting it as a stickie for a sample menu template for Famine!

FANTASTIC!
Justin

Post by Justin »

:) thanks a lot Rob I'm glad i could help out a little.

edit: i changed meal 3 and 5 a little adding a v8 to three because i forgot you mentioned it in the BP also putting more variety by taking away the banana in meal 5 replacing it with strawberries and cantaloupe

i also have another question how much must my heart rate change for me to start entering the feast stage and how many days must i wait untill i work out in feast stage?

edit: one more thing i was wondering is if KA from musclemass ships to Canada and how many bottles will i need for my feast phase I'm going to be taking minimum amount for my 1st run then 2nd i might up the dosage?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

i also have another question how much must my heart rate change for me to start entering the feast stage and how many days must i wait untill i work out in feast stage?

A. The ideal is to achieve 8 beats per minute over baseline by day 5 or thereabouts. BP calls for 3 full days of eating/sleeping in the feast, THEN you may begin your prescribed workouts..

edit: one more thing i was wondering is if KA from musclemass ships to Canada and how many bottles will i need for my feast phase I'm going to be taking minimum amount for my 1st run then 2nd i might up the dosage?

A. Best to PM AskMass or call him direct. I'm pretty sure there's no problem getting it into Canada.

Depending upon bodyweight, 1-2 bottles. The new formula is really loaded and 2/day is enough for just about anyone. That'll get you through 30 days. The two bottle recommendation gets your through a full 6 weeks with two weeks left over...

If you really want to go all out look into the Blueprint Mass Stack:

2 bottles of KA
1 bottle of Adaptogen N
2 bottles of MassPro Amino for your intra workout drink
Free bottle of the new Burn It Up to experiment with (ideal for Cruise, IMO)

Hope that helps!
Justin

Post by Justin »

thanks a lot i PMed him and got a bottle of KA just gotta wait now till it delivers which i hope is soon.

and about:
he ideal is to achieve 8 beats per minute over baseline by day 5 or thereabouts. BP calls for 3 full days of eating/sleeping in the feast, THEN you may begin your prescribed workouts..
8 beats per minute isn't that crazy low right now i have around a beat per second :s
SiLkPaDrE

Post by SiLkPaDrE »

Haha, he means +8 beats over your 'normal' resting heart rate. So if you started out with say 60bpm, 68bpm is what you're trying to achieve.
zip

Post by zip »

MASS products do ship to Canada.
Justin

Post by Justin »

SiLkPaDrE wrote:Haha, he means +8 beats over your 'normal' resting heart rate. So if you started out with say 60bpm, 68bpm is what you're trying to achieve.
ok thank you that makes a lot more sense :p
Justin

Post by Justin »

Today is my 1st day of the famine I cant Wait to start... i hope the next 5 days go really well