question regarding famine training

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
hyruliangoat

question regarding famine training

Post by hyruliangoat »

I'm confused now about how to do it. The forums say one thing, the book says another. So all in all all the circuits combined should equal 12 sets right? I don't understand why people are saying it's a crazy routine, or am I missing something? I've always done super sets and giant sets so the routine won't be a problem.. But again if someone could give another example routine that would be great just for the 1st day.

on a side note I'm excited to try this and I can't wait for the results thanks for the information!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Here's a good sample that's closer to "by the book"

Legs, Back and Bi's with 2 minutes of rest between sets, 3 total sets for each movement in the 4-6 rep range.

Legs/Back

1st set of Squats using enough weight for 4-6 reps immediately into..
1st set of 1 arm dumbell rows using enough weight for 4-6 reps

Rest 2 minutes

2nd set of Squats using enough weight for 4-6 reps immediately into..
2nd set of 1 arm dumbell rows using enough weight for 4-6 reps

Rest 2 minutes

3rd set of Squats using enough weight for 4-6 reps immediately into..
3rd set of 1 arm dumbell rows using enough weight for 4-6 reps

Rest 2 minutes

BICEPS

1st set of standing BB curls w/enough wt for 4-6 reps

Rest 2 minutes

2nd set of incline dumbell curls w/enough weight for 4-6 reps

Rest 2 minutes

3rd set of preacher curls with enough weight for 4-6 reps.

The first workout isn't too bad. And yes, it's over rather quickly. However, as the week progresses things radically change. By the time day 5 rolls around...... well, most guys here can tell you what that's like :)

I hope that helps and please let me know if that clarifies things. As always, it's a template. Meaning substituting exercises etc. is perfectly acceptable so I'm open to suggestions..
Addy k

Post by Addy k »

The workout itself becomes incredibly difficult because of the context - you have basically been eating no protein and only vegetables for 5 days and now you have to do an intense workout. Depletion of glycogen and ultimately fatigue occur quickly. I didn't even complete my entire last workout in famine :oops:
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

It seems easy the first workout, even through the second it was not that bad. However on day #4 things really turned south for me. I was so tired, exhausted, confused a little. The last workout was grueling and I dont think I could have done a rep more.
hyruliangoat

Post by hyruliangoat »

well I'll be honest I'm on day 4 now and I feel fine. I've only eatin fruits and vegetables, and juice ha, done an hour of cardio every day after the lifting, and my calorie intake is 1300 (i weigh around 160, I'm 16 years old btw) and yeah it's not bothering me. I think people have exaggerated, I just get extremely hungry and havebbeen on the toilet alot but that's it.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

good for you bro.... But I'm not exaggerating when I say the workouts kicked my ASS!!.. glad to hear your tearing it up though, it's really not unbearably bad, but it sure as hell aint fun..
hyruliangoat

Post by hyruliangoat »

oh yeah haha for sure it's not fun at least the running and dieting aspect isn't. I've always done high volume high frequency so the lifting portion to me is fine :p. Thanks for the input though everyone.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Nice work.

And I am envious you find this easy (or at least not too bad)!
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

I am only 25 years old and I can honestly say the body isnt what it used to be at 16. I remember soccer practices we would run for probably 10+ miles in any given day. Then hit the gym later in the afternoon. I was on no supplements, never ate how I should have, and I dont ever remember being sore at all.....

Keep up the hard work man and take advantage of your youth. I wish I would have had some guidance on working out when I was that young.