Supplements to kick a cold?

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
TheDude

Supplements to kick a cold?

Post by TheDude »

Hey guys, I'm new around here and haven't introduced myself yet. I will become more active when I am finished reading the supplied material.

Quick question. I have a respiratory type sickness right now and I am wondering if you guys have any kind of supplementation advice to getting back on track? Other than sinus congestion and a cough I feel pretty decent so long as I don't flail my head around. Any advice? Do you guys still train when you feel like this?

Thanks in advance!
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

I mega-dose Vitamin D and take some zinc at the first sign of any illness to give my immune system a boost. Typically about 10,000 IU of Vitamin D and 50 mg zinc.
Mattlaw30

Post by Mattlaw30 »

aron7awol wrote:I mega-dose Vitamin D and take some zinc at the first sign of any illness to give my immune system a boost. Typically about 10,000 IU of Vitamin D and 50 mg zinc.
I concur with this. Works great.
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

Many people take a large dose of Vitamin C at the first sign of a cold, but there's really no evidence I've seen to suggest it works. Vitamin D is known to improve immune system function.

When do people most commonly get sick? During the winter, when they are getting very little sunlight. Even a short dose of sunlight, 15-20 mins or so, boosts natural Vitamin D levels. It's the equivalent of taking about 20,000 IU.

Also, people living near the equator historically have had much lower incidence levels of diseases such as depression, heart disease, diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, cancers, and auto immune diseases.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

aron7awol wrote:Many people take a large dose of Vitamin C at the first sign of a cold, but there's really no evidence I've seen to suggest it works. Vitamin D is known to improve immune system function.

When do people most commonly get sick? During the winter, when they are getting very little sunlight. Even a short dose of sunlight, 15-20 mins or so, boosts natural Vitamin D levels. It's the equivalent of taking about 20,000 IU.

Also, people living near the equator historically have had much lower incidence levels of diseases such as depression, heart disease, diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, cancers, and auto immune diseases.
Where I live, during winter, we can have as low as 7 hours of sunlight per day. I have been taking 5000 IU of vitamin D every day for 1+ year and the frequency at which I get sick has noticeably diminish. Also, the duration and gravity have lowered.