Dr. Scott Connelly's Myotropics

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Dr. Scott Connelly's Myotropics

Post by RobRegish »

Passing this along to The BP Army, given Dr. Scott Connelly/Vince Andrich's involvement:

I had no idea this was in the works, as Vince recently reached out to me on my Facebook page.

WHY I POSTED THIS

We all owe a debt to Vince Andrich who bought The Blueprint some time ago, liked what he read and reached out to me. Shortly thereafter, he put me in touch with Dr. Connelly, who in turn introduced me to Carl Lanore, host of SuperHumanRadio.com.

Although you'll see/read some differing opinions on the net, Dr. Connelly is without question the most well versed person I've EVER spoken to, with respect to protein/amino acid metabolism. Patrick Arnold (who's not easily impressed) once stated, "When Dr. Connelly talks, I listen...". I've had the privilege of speaking with Dr. Connelly on many occassions. Folks, I've study this stuff in every spare minute I've had, over the past 30 years.

It's all I can do to keep up.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?

Plenty. Anyone who ever used Dr. Connelly's ORIGINAL, GENUINE ARTICLE Progenex Recovery product will understand - an INCREDIBLE experience (shame it's no longer available).

Speculation was rampant at one point, the mysterious silver bag known only as "The Eagle" that landed on some Believer's doorstep may or may not have been Progenex.

Vince is an industry insider who's an incredibly creative thinker, and likewise you'd be wise to follow what this gentleman has to say. He has a solid track record of being right, extrapolating raw data from studies and taking that critical next step (creative thought), to apply it in a meaningful fashion to benefit the general training population.

Just my $.02...

Sincerely hope that helps everyone here...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Rob,

Wouldn't this new product directly compete with MPS or even KA seeing as it is substrate storage driven?

It looks interesting, but how does it differ from what KA and MPS would do?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:Rob,

Wouldn't this new product directly compete with MPS or even KA seeing as it is substrate storage driven?

My marketing brilliance once again, shines through... :)

I'm not privy to their formula, but doubt its similar to KA or certainly MPS. KA is a proven winner, and a BIG favorite of many here (including you, I think)? It will ALWAYS have a place on my training table.

In any case, the fact we're allowed to discuss here speaks volumes for AskMass, IMO.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:
matter2003 wrote:Rob,

My marketing brilliance once again, shines through... :)

I'm not privy to their formula, but doubt its similar to KA or certainly MPS. KA is a proven winner, and a BIG favorite of many here (including you, I think)? It will ALWAYS have a place on my training table.

In any case, the fact we're allowed to discuss here speaks volumes for AskMass, IMO.
Ya, I love KA...I have been dosing at 1 cap/day to try and stretch the supply tho as my supplement budget is a little low right now :P
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

I was just received a newsletter last night about this stuff. I was wondering if this might be your new product since you have contact with Dr. Connelly. Also off topic, I've been hearing a lot about wm-hdp as a carb supp. Any thoughts on this stuff compared to karbolyn?
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

mikej26 wrote:I was just received a newsletter last night about this stuff. I was wondering if this might be your new product since you have contact with Dr. Connelly. Also off topic, I've been hearing a lot about wm-hdp as a carb supp. Any thoughts on this stuff compared to karbolyn?
wow really interesting, and here is the study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21338535

The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of hydroxypropyl-distarch phosphate (HDP) supplementation on postprandial energy metabolism and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) in human subjects. A total of ten healthy male subjects, with a mean BMI of 23·6 (SEM 1·3) kg/m(2), age 35·2 (SEM 1·9) years and body weight 71·1 (SEM 4·0) kg, participated in a randomised, cross-over, intervention study with two different test meals (1673·6 kJ) containing either waxy maize starch or HDP from waxy maize starch (degree of substitution 0·154, P content 0·004 %). Resting energy expenditure (REE) and blood concentrations of various biomarkers were measured at fasting and up to 180 min postprandially. Indirect calorimetry showed that the HDP meal caused higher REE (P < 0·05) and fat utilisation (P < 0·001) than the waxy maize starch meal. The HDP meal led to significantly lower postprandial glucose (P < 0·05), insulin (P < 0·05) and GIP (P < 0·05) responses than the waxy maize starch meal. Both postprandial REE (R - 0·576, P < 0·01) and fat utilisation (R - 0·514, P < 0·05) were negatively correlated with the postprandial GIP response, but not with the glucose and insulin responses. In conclusion, dietary supplementation with HDP lowers postprandial GIP and increases postprandial REE and fat utilisation in healthy humans. An HDP-rich diet may therefore have beneficial implications in weight management. Further studies are required to confirm the efficacy in overweight or obese subjects, and to determine the precise mechanisms.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

mikej26 wrote:I was just received a newsletter last night about this stuff. I was wondering if this might be your new product since you have contact with Dr. Connelly. Also off topic, I've been hearing a lot about wm-hdp as a carb supp. Any thoughts on this stuff compared to karbolyn?
Anthony Roberts already reached out to me about the stuff. I have some on the way, and certain parties here, have been tapped to test it... :)
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:
Anthony Roberts already reached out to me about the stuff. I have some on the way, and certain parties here, have been tapped to test it... :)
How come I never get in on the good stuff? :P
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:
RobRegish wrote:
How come I never get in on the good stuff? :P
Who says you don't already have a slot?

Check your cell phone. One of The 5Faces of Fear(tm) texted you today, says he needed your mailing address? :)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

For those who might have been confused, the new product that Rob has been working countless hours on with us is to be called MASS PRO Synthagen.

It's coming later this spring and is being discussed in revealing detail, here- https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... php?t=1638

As to the new Connelly item, in my estimation it is assuredly a high quality meal replacement styled product aimed at helping recovery from exercise. He is very good at formulating these, no question.

In fact, we at MASS go back to the very roots of Connelly's involvement in the industry via Met-Rx as we were one of the very few original mail order distributors.

Not to slight the good Doctor, but for some reason there has always been a similar pattern with his formulations... I am not certain why, but the common thread is that they make a big splash to positive reviews, cost an arm and a leg, and are seemingly followed by a change in the formula (where later it is accused a cheapening of ingredient quality took place)... consumers notice a change and begin to complain "it doesn't work like it did before"... then controversy ensues in the fallout as all the original parties start slinging mud at each other.

Don't ask me why, but it's happened a few times now, with the whole Progenex debate/war being the latest.

We've never wanted any part of such at MASS, and we dropped Met-Rx from our line back in the day when the formula was altered to increase profits while cashing in on it's early great rep.

People can't say anything like that about MASS PRO, because we think a name and rep has to be not only earned, but maintained and improved upon as time goes on.

I do find it hard to believe that Dr. Connelly was behind any cheapening of the products he was involved with, but who can say that Met-Rx is anything but a very mediocre powder at best, today?

As far as Rob mentioning the Myo item here in the face of his own baby, MASS PRO Synthagen, being launched this spring shows extreme confidence the way I see it.

And yes, it also shows that we at MASS do not shy away from straight up comparisons to anything else on the market.
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

RobRegish wrote:
@ Rob-Awesome!! I'm interested to hear how it goes... :D Looking forward to your new product as well.

@Askmass- I've been using your products as of lately and I'm more than happy with the quality of your line and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on your new product when it's released.

I've noticed the same trend with Dr. Connelly's track record. It's unfortunate. He's a genius in my opinion. Hopefully his new product won't be a repeat scenario.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

RobRegish wrote:
askmass wrote:For those who might have been confused, the new product that Rob has been working countless hours on with us is to be called MASS PRO Synthagen.

It's coming later this spring and is being discussed in revealing detail, here- https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... php?t=1638

As to the new Connelly item, in my estimation it is assuredly a high quality meal replacement styled product aimed at helping recovery from exercise. He is very good at formulating these, no question.

In fact, we at MASS go back to the very roots of Connelly's involvement in the industry via Met-Rx as we were one of the very few original mail order distributors.

Not to slight the good Doctor, but for some reason there has always been a similar pattern with his formulations... I am not certain why, but the common thread is that they make a big splash to positive reviews, cost an arm and a leg, and are seemingly followed by a change in the formula (where later it is accused a cheapening of ingredient quality took place)... consumers notice a change and begin to complain "it doesn't work like it did before"... then controversy ensues in the fallout as all the original parties start slinging mud at each other.

Don't ask me why, but it's happened a few times now, with the whole Progenex debate/war being the latest.

We've never wanted any part of such at MASS, and we dropped Met-Rx from our line back in the day when the formula was altered to increase profits while cashing in on it's early great rep.

People can't say anything like that about MASS PRO, because we think a name and rep has to be not only earned, but maintained and improved upon as time goes on.

I do find it hard to believe that Dr. Connelly was behind any cheapening of the products he was involved with, but who can say that Met-Rx is anything but a very mediocre powder at best, today?

As far as Rob mentioning the Myo item here in the face of his own baby, MASS PRO Synthagen, being launched this spring shows extreme confidence the way I see it.

And yes, it also shows that we at MASS do not shy away from straight up comparisons to anything else on the market.

"I do find it hard to believe that Dr. Connelly was behind any cheapening of the products he was involved with, but who can say that Met-Rx is anything but a very mediocre powder at best, today?"

Verified, by yours truly in conversation with Scott. I straight up asked him about the Met-Rx out there today. I'm paraphrasing but he said something to the effect of it being an absolute hollow shell of his original.

You need to understand he sold Met-Rx t Rexall Sundown in 2000, I believe. You can't hardly blame him, as it was reported Bill Phillips was considering going mainstream with it at Costco/Walmart. That means the pricepoint had to be driven down to an absolute bare bones minimum. Translation? The once incredible micellar caseinate, high grade whey and amino-acid matrix (very precise), went out the window. No surprise it NEVER worked the same after that.

I've only designed one product thus far - MassPro Synthagen(tm). I can tell you there's an incredible sense of pride in the development of the theory, craftsmanship and the absolute EXHAUSTIVE research I've put into it. You wind up DAMN proud of the final formula, particularly after you've gone through so many iterations to get it "perfect".

Let me put it this way: Most of the studies worth anything are "pay through the nose", for the PDF. That's no guarantee of course, so you're going to waste a lot of money on the stinkers. That's what you have to go through, to get to the GOLDEN info. needed.

For 3.0, I ordered no less than 3 dozen research papers from overseas concerning Ecdysterone (most from the University of Hungary). At $55/pop, it adds up fast. Their money back "guarantee", was only in the event you didn't receive it.

It takes months to pour over these, and their "conclusions" are like many scientific papers - they'll leave you wanting. There simply is no creative resource to transition these conclusions to the practical application to athletes, like you. That's more work, and LOTS of it.

For MassPro Synthagen(tm), I'm on my seventh prototype. Since the formula doesn't currently exist today, you'll be stuck with ordering up the bulk individual raws, which means a BIG money outlay. You often wind up with kilos of material that don't work out like you planned, don't make the final formula and you get stuck with. That ain't cheap.

Hold on though, you're not done yet - not by a longshot. You know all that glucometer testing etc. that went into 3.0? Not cheap and not fun. Then you have labs to run. ZRT Lab tests for testosterone are one thing. Now check the boxes for cortisol, free testosterone, GH, IGF-1 and II etc. and see how that adds up. It makes the research paper outlay look cheap. Now double or triple that, because provided just one of those doesn't materialize like you expected and yep, it's time to re-run those lab values again...

What I'm saying here is this: When you put your heart and soul into something it becomes YOU. My name is associated with this product, and I've worked 24/7 for the past 3 years to make sure my name and BP have a sterling reputation. I got up early, stayed up late an never took a day off. I answered texts at midnight from a graveyard - wanted to say happy 100th birthday to my grandfather.

You don't make answers up to people's questions - you research the hell out of what you don't know, then frame your answer with links to the appropriate research you drew your conclusions from to send to the questioning party. You scour the net for GPA when nobody can find it. You look for the absolute best pricepoint on supps people inquire about, AFTER perusing real work feedback on at least 3-5 boards. You'll have to weed out the company reps masquerading as board members and other schills who are employed by supp companies to generate hype/trick people into buying a new product. Pink Magic, IForce Ecdy and others are great examples. Bear in mind if you steer somebody wrong, you'll hear about it and they'll likely be angry enough to mention it on a message board. Some of you have noted I have a strong track record insofar as doing right by you, after you ask me about XYZ product.

Now you know why.

BOTTOM LINE: No way in hell I'm risking my reputation at this point, by offering you less than my absolute best.

MassPro Synthagen(tm) will be all that I say it is, because if it isn't - I've let you down.

I'll go into the ground folks, before that EVER happens...
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

RobRegish wrote:You need to understand he sold Met-Rx t Rexall Sundown in 2000, I believe. You can't hardly blame him, as it was reported Bill Phillips was considering going mainstream with it at Costco/Walmart. That means the pricepoint had to be driven down to an absolute bare bones minimum. Translation? The once incredible micellar caseinate, high grade whey and amino-acid matrix (very precise), went out the window. No surprise it NEVER worked the same after that.
Exactly, I recall the time period very well and it taught me a valuable lesson of several fronts.

We dropped Met-Rx because of the formula being cheapened/whored out, and we also have never fallen prey to the many enticements to "go big time" with a GNC/Wal-Mart distribution model with our line.

It is funny how sometimes novice sports nutrition consumers equate that kind of distribution with legitimacy, when the opposite is almost always the truth, really as a near absolute rule.

Rob isn't kidding about the man hours, I have to say. I think if he and I both were to total up our hours already spent on developing MPS it would easily total into the thousands.

Best to you all!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

This and Synthagen...cant wait