Protein and "The Formula"

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
5.0stang

Protein and "The Formula"

Post by 5.0stang »

Looking at "The Formula" for protein, it appears we have three different options. Option #3 is from the "Lite" version. I am assuming that is due to calories and/or price? I would prefer not give up any edge on building muscle, but is it worth an extra $10-$20 for each pound?

1.PeptoPro (Hydrolyzed Caseinate) ($30 a lb)

2.Mass Pro Whey ($20 a lb)

3.Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Super Grade ($9 a lb)

Is there any problem drinking "the formula" with low-fat milk (w/ PK and CFructose)? Is it better in water?
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

pure hydrolyzed protein is gonna taste like utter garbage

and milk intra-workout would be horrendous. talk about indigestion.

peptopro costs as much as it does for a reason
5.0stang

Post by 5.0stang »

Thanks for the reply Big J. I have always done milk+protein powder right after workout, never had an issue (or so I think?).

I don't believe any of those are 100% hydrolyzed, right?

Curious if anyone has tried both (all three). Have they seen a difference overtime?
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

I wouldn't do milk during the workout....I cannot picture the formula tasting too good in milk, but that is just me...

Then again, I would have never thought Half and Half and Pineapple Juice would have tasted awesome together either...
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

MASS PRO actually comes in at only $16.45 a pound by the case (and that's with free shipping stateside), $17.25 per # in twin pack, and just $18.15 for a single 2.2 pound jug.
5.0stang

Post by 5.0stang »

Wow, that price is much better. Is that with the BP discount?

It says on this website that it is $39.95 for a 2.12 lb jug ($18.85 a lb):

https://askmass.securesites.net/credit.html
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

The case and twin pack discounts are locked in everyday for everybody.

The BP course code is for Kre-Anabolyn only.
5.0stang

Post by 5.0stang »

Thanks for info, good to know. I am going to get KA from you all.

Anyone have any particular preferences on protein flavor, considering it is going into water. I am so used to Chocolate/Vanilla flavors because my protein always goes into milk, however it never taste that great going into water.

I have unflavored Pure K already, should I get unflavored masspro whey and then flavor it with Crystal Lite?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

5.0stang wrote:Thanks for info, good to know. I am going to get KA from you all.

Anyone have any particular preferences on protein flavor, considering it is going into water. I am so used to Chocolate/Vanilla flavors because my protein always goes into milk, however it never taste that great going into water.

I have unflavored Pure K already, should I get unflavored masspro whey and then flavor it with Crystal Lite?
Berries N' Creme, is the BOMB!!! :):):)
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

5.0stang wrote:Thanks for the reply Big J. I have always done milk+protein powder right after workout, never had an issue (or so I think?).

I don't believe any of those are 100% hydrolyzed, right?

Curious if anyone has tried both (all three). Have they seen a difference overtime?
peptopro is 100% hydrolyzed casein

the hydrolyzed whey is obviously whatever % hydrolyzed whey protein (higher % yields worse flavor, i'd steer clear of this at any cost)

Mass Pro is just awesomeness
Terbo16

Post by Terbo16 »

I bought Peptopro to give it a shot but I am confused about the Peptopro serving size. It says 1 scoop is 4 grams of protein therefore 7-8 scoops would be appropriate for the formula but thats a ton of powder (plus it has a very frothy consistencey and tasted horrible). Am I missing something?

BTW Mass Pro Vanilla was great
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Of course your missing something, the powder is unflavoured
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Any 100% hydrolyzed = dog vomit.

This is the bane of a fully hydrolyzed product. Just the nature of the beast. Do you need 100% hydrolyzed? Just my/our opinion but no, you don't. You need some, yes for the unique properties they convey.

You also need all of the EAA's, this much is clear. You also may WANT the benefits a cold processed WPC/WPI, Colostrum (lactoferrin, immunoglobulins, IGF-1 and II, etc.) that MassPro brings to the table.

It's a pick 'em. One things for sure, MassPro Vanilla is in fact - damn good.

Then again, so is ice-cream.

Just ask my son... :)
5.0stang

Post by 5.0stang »

Decisions, decisions...

Berries 'N Cream or Vanilla to be mixed in the "formula".

Any preferences mixed with water in the "formula"?

I may just get both. :)