First Run Mistakes......Do I miss the train?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Terbo16

First Run Mistakes......Do I miss the train?

Post by Terbo16 »

Hi Everyone,

Im on Day 4 of Famine right now and a little concerned I have been doing the workouts wrong. Does this mean I miss the train? :(

Day 1- I did the following
Warmups
Squats Supersetted with Cable row 3x 4-6
BB Curl 1x 4-6
Incline DB Curl 1x 4-6
Preacher Curl 1x 4-6

I didnt realize I should have done another Superset of Rows & Chins 3x 4-6

Day 2- I still think this workout is confusing even after reading all the stickie & post by other members of the forum

Flat Bench & Shoulder Press 1x 8-10
Close Grip Bench & Shoulder press 1x 8-10
Incline Press & Shoulder press 1x 8-10
Decline Press & Shoulder Press 1x 8-10
Decline Close Grip 1x 8-10
Skullcrushers 1x 8-10
Cable Pressdowns 1x 8-10

Is this correct or was I supposed to do each of the supersets 4x?

The good thing is the diet is in check and I've been losing the correct amount of weight per day. Also, I've been using the multistix but I havent been checking my HR.

Its funny because I've been saying to myself that this isnt so bad and I havent been that sore.

Rookie mistakes.....Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance!
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

it looks like you only missed one lift.. soo i think at this point you are fine.. have you been keeping track of weight and resting heartrate? if so what are those telling you?
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Looks like the workouts are fine with the exception of the one exercise.

From my experience in 3 runs, you will know when you are ready to transition to feast. Sometimes it does not take all three workouts, sometimes it does.

For me, I never measured resting HR, or used multistix. By the day after my 2nd workout I would usually start to get headaches, extreme exhaustion, and a feeling best described as the opposite of euphoric. I have to admit I took the diet to the extreme and ate virtually no protein, not even close to the maximum allowed. I also stayed up very late each night, and did cardio as well. I really ran myself to the bottom of the tank but it made feast great for me.

I hope this helps.
Terbo16

Post by Terbo16 »

sovabrat wrote:Looks like the workouts are fine with the exception of the one exercise.

From my experience in 3 runs, you will know when you are ready to transition to feast. Sometimes it does not take all three workouts, sometimes it does.

For me, I never measured resting HR, or used multistix. By the day after my 2nd workout I would usually start to get headaches, extreme exhaustion, and a feeling best described as the opposite of euphoric. I have to admit I took the diet to the extreme and ate virtually no protein, not even close to the maximum allowed. I also stayed up very late each night, and did cardio as well. I really ran myself to the bottom of the tank but it made feast great for me.

I hope this helps.
This is my point exactly.......Im not feeling like Im all that stressed. From the diet alone I am somewhat lethargic and not mentally focused but Im not really that sore from the workouts even though I am taking each set to failure.

Do I take a detour and start famine over after one week of a normal diet?
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

No dont restart famine but if your not feeling like crap by day 5 and are also monitoring weight and heart rate and it doesnt budge much, then I would add another day.

It sounds already like your mind is racing though I was even like that on my last run.Thinking about recipies with egg even though I hate egg!!!??!?I think you will be fine with a 5 fay famine man.
Terbo16

Post by Terbo16 »

Just got home from the gym on my off day. I wound up playing full court basketball & did a few laps in the pool. Im definately feeling a little woosy now and have a pretty solid headache so I probably just needed a little more intensity in my previous workouts.

Im looking forward to tomorrows high rep 30 sec rest routine and waking up saturday morning to a big ass omlette and pancakes!!

During the 3 day transition to feast is cardio acceptable or just rest & stuff my face?
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

rest and stuff face... I think MAYBEE LISS is ok.. low intensity steady state... but could be wrong..
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

In general, anytime you're having a hard time 'getting there' in Famine, rather than be concerned with the details of workouts, running (and jumping) and sweating to exhaustion will usually help take you on in... hth