y0lked's first run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
y0lked

y0lked's first run

Post by y0lked »

Quick facts:
6'1 175lbs <--- skinny
Decline bench pr: 205 x 5 (dont flat bench in-order to save shoulders)
Squat pr: 275 x 5
Deadlift pr: 365 x 7

Short term goal is simply gain 25lbs. I have only been lifting correctly for just over a year, and never touched a hormonal product. As an athlete my lower body is much better than my upper body and thus i would like to be my main focus on this program.

This will be my first run at the blueprint 2.0. Im simply gonna run the program for the first time as a "feeler". My goal is to understand the program 100% by doing it, and posting for correction and feedback so that when i run a fancy supplement (e-bol, XFA or kre-anabolyn) i can run it PERFECTLY and get the most out of my money and effort.

Today marks day one of the fast. Tomorrow i will preform fasting workout number 1.

My fasting diet is not 100% clean like most for this stage, however simply aiming to be catabolic and in a caloric deficiency. This is why it is my test run at 2.0 :) my diet will be much much better come the "real thing" and hopefully along with 3.0.

For breakfast i had an apple and then classes and football till around 7, came home picked up my dad took him to the gym to play racquetball for an hour HIIT cardio session. I simply had some greek yogurt and granola along with caned peaches and alot of water.

**Im gonna post what i think i have interpreted as the "Format" for the workouts of all the stages. In my next post
y0lked

Post by y0lked »

Fast Stage
Duration: 5 days
Goal= Put the body into a catabolic state. Workouts should be done in a fashion that forces fatigue.
The next 72 hours are re-feeding no workout.

Feast stage:
Phase 1: 16 days
4 workouts in a 1 on, 1 off fashion, focusing on hitting the CNS hard and forcing it to adapt. 2 days off and then 1rm testing will be done for bench and squat. Also focus on heavy weighted stretches and static holds.

Phase 2: As many days as it takes to complete the loading pattern
Pick a German Loading Pattern Workout and use the template to force new growth and CNS adaptation. 1 on 2 off.
Incorporating:
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=437

3 days off from the
Cruise Stage
Duration: 3-4 weeks
Using a 5x5 program without taking a single rep to failure in-order to allow the CNS and new muscle to be in a homeostatic condition.

After this stage is complete, 1 full week will be taken off and fasting state will begin again.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Despite the name, famine is not about not eat at all! Here are some basic famine diet rules:

#1-Body weight x 8 = calories need approximately

(175 * 8 = 1400 calories for YOU)

#2-stay under 30g of protein per day

#3-Focus on veges and fruits for detox purpose

#4-Have most of your calories late in the evening if you have difficulties falling asleep.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

BigPelo = 3Faces of Fear(tm), in the answers dept... :) :) :)

Thanks for the helping hand, Big.Pelo!!!
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

bigpelo wrote:Despite the name, famine is not about not eat at all! Here are some basic famine diet rules:

#4-Have most of your calories late in the evening if you have difficulties falling asleep.
One more rule, keep protein away from pre/post workout..
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Street-dreams wrote:
bigpelo wrote:Despite the name, famine is not about not eat at all! Here are some basic famine diet rules:

One more rule, keep protein away from pre/post workout..
Teamwork for the win! Thanks for the add on Sweet-dreams.
y0lked

Post by y0lked »

Gotcha! But im still clueless on the workouts lol
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

famine day 1 --> add a superset of cable row+chin up before biceps

famine day 2 --> need 4 triceps exercises

Famine day 3 --> if you need to do it: 5 biceps exercices and cable row + chin up super set too before biceps

For feast --> check out some log for ideas, there are no fixed program for this. Add EDT block and static hold to your list at least.
y0lked

Post by y0lked »

bigpelo wrote:famine day 1 --> add a superset of cable row+chin up before biceps

famine day 2 --> need 4 triceps exercises

Famine day 3 --> if you need to do it: 5 biceps exercices and cable row + chin up super set too before biceps

For feast --> check out some log for ideas, there are no fixed program for this. Add EDT block and static hold to your list at least.
Are u gonna tell me sets and reps? Why is everything soo vague when it comes to the workout being preformed on blueprint. I get the concept very well and i have accidentally done it in the past and now im realizing it lol. My very best gains have came from the incidents of hormone manipulation lol

If the workout is not crucial and basically all that is needed in the three stages is.....

Famine, goal= break muscle down, get exhausted, go catabolic

Feast, goal 1= make cns adapt to high levels of anabolism and establish a new 1rm and preform weighted stretches, goal 2= use of loading pattern to also train cns and use of stretches to force more growth

Cruise, goal= get the body used to the muscle it has built. No failure sets. Let the CNS and new muscle work together to maintain a balance and allow the gains to be a part of homeostasis

Every other e-book i have bought regarding training has outlined the training protocol in many fashions. Most have used tables and time-frames but this one doesnt? Why not? Why isnt it laid out with sets/reps even if the blueprint is designed to be focused around the individual, why doesnt the program give the three stages and then several workouts for each stage for the individual to choose from based on what they need/want?

Rob, i think you would have much greater success if you become more straight forward with the training protocol. The theory and goals of the program are mindblowing! But i think people get lost when they dont know what exactly they are doing in the gym. I am not one of thoes people, but i will tell you what... when i do a program "I Do The Program" and so i just wanna make sure im doing it right! If its not that big of a deal (which is what i am starting to believe due to the lack of depth in the responses) i can certainly devise a plan to fit the course of action within each stage to make sure i complete the goal ahead.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Part of the problem (for the pirates... :)) and solution for you!

How so, you ask??

Everyone responds differently to X, Y and Z training protocol. It's just consistent with my stated goals.... doing the best I can - for YOU!!!
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

Exactly what mixelflick said.. part of the blue print is that everyone is different and we all have different needs / recovery abilities .. ect

DO the blueprint, share your concerns with us and we will help u tweak it for either this run or the next.. This is exactly why your first blueprint while the results may be impressive, may end up being your worst blueprint overall... because you learn more about what works for you with every run.

If you tailor a workout program too specifically than some people will have great results and some will have sub par results. If you use guidelines people can generally figure it out.
y0lked

Post by y0lked »

Ok so basically i can simply follow the guidelines for each phase and as long as the goals are met i can pretty much devise my own training style right??
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

y0lked wrote:Ok so basically i can simply follow the guidelines for each phase and as long as the goals are met i can pretty much devise my own training style right??
Exactly what Street-dreams said.

3Faces of Fear(tm) are at your disposal, if needed them too... :) :) :)
y0lked

Post by y0lked »

Fast stage complete. Weight dropped from 175 to about 171ish. Spent saturday resting and eating a TON! Today was day 2 of feast and with that the first workout.

Feast workout: Press emphasis
Bench goal= 2 sets of 8-10 to failure
165lbs x 11
165lbs x 7
Static hold: 275lbs for 11 seconds (could have gone heavier but didnt risk it cause it was the first time doin this)

Wide grip incline bench (slow and stretch): 135 x 8, 135 x 6
Pull-overs: 2 sets. I experimented with dbells and barbells. Didnt feel much chest stretch. Mainly lats and tris.

Hanging pullup stretch with head in-between elbows 3 sets of about 8-13 seconds with BW +45lbs

Dbell flys as a weighted stretch 30lbs x 12, 2 sets
Ab rope crunches 3 sets 150lbs x 10

Squat: Was feelin the fatigue comin off the fasting
245 x 8
245 x 6

Romanian deadlifts
225 x 8
275 x 8

Will weigh in on friday.