quick questions on the 10% solution

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
CaptainCrunch

quick questions on the 10% solution

Post by CaptainCrunch »

do you still want to do your EDT blocks after the main lifts? and what about core exercises? also where and which static holds fit into the 10% solution?
drtda

Post by drtda »

I'm doing the 10% Solution right now, but am doing it a little differently.

I'm splitting upper and lower body days, with a rest day between each workout.

So on day 1 I do my main upper body lift for the prescribed sets and reps. Then I do 2 EDT blocks-again for upper body.

After a rest day, I do my lower body main lift followed by 1 lower-body EDT block. Then I do Rack Pulls with a Static Hold.

This allows me to hit each area of my body really hard, while still providing a good amount of rest.

It may depend on your age and strength levels as well. When I was younger and not as strong, I could lift more often and longer workouts because my overall tonnage wasn't as high.

But now at almost 40, and a lot stronger than when I was 20, my nervous system gets completely shot if I overtrain, because I'm throwing up a lot more weight on most of my sets.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

drtda wrote:I'm doing the 10% Solution right now, but am doing it a little differently.

I'm splitting upper and lower body days, with a rest day between each workout.

So on day 1 I do my main upper body lift for the prescribed sets and reps. Then I do 2 EDT blocks-again for upper body.

After a rest day, I do my lower body main lift followed by 1 lower-body EDT block. Then I do Rack Pulls with a Static Hold.

This allows me to hit each area of my body really hard, while still providing a good amount of rest.

It may depend on your age and strength levels as well. When I was younger and not as strong, I could lift more often and longer workouts because my overall tonnage wasn't as high.

But now at almost 40, and a lot stronger than when I was 20, my nervous system gets completely shot if I overtrain, because I'm throwing up a lot more weight on most of my sets.
Fantastic answer here drta!!!

The only thing I'd add is this -static ab crunch on the lower body/leg day. Add that cherry on top of your 10% Solution Sunday and you're in business... :)
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Regarding static ab crunches -

I don't have access to a cable machine.

Would.. Static Decline Situps holding a plate (or plates) work? Just hold it in the middle (not fully crunched but not lying back).
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

beefcake66 wrote:Regarding static ab crunches -

Would.. Static Decline Situps holding a plate (or plates) work? Just hold it in the middle (not fully crunched but not lying back).
A. You're a GREAT thinker Beefcake!!

Why, you ask?

Because that's what The 3Faces of Fear(tm) would have recommended!! :)
dropthebeats

Post by dropthebeats »

beefcake66 wrote:Regarding static ab crunches -

Try to be careful doing a static decline situp. You need to have strict form, or else injury could easily occur.