Week off

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
drhowe9

Week off

Post by drhowe9 »

I just finished another great blueprint cycle. It was a personalized bulk program written by Rob, and im up over 10 pounds!

I'm going to be taking my week off starting tomorrow before my next run, just looking for some tips on what to do during that week off with regards to cardio, diet and weight lifting at all?

any tips would be great, thanks
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Get away from the weight room, lifting and take time to regroup, relax and reload :)

Some ideas to put to use during this time..

Some ideas to facilitate active recovery between workouts:

1.) GPP such as sled dragging
2.) Push a weighted wheelbarrow up a slight incline
3.) Medicine ball throws
4.) Some LISS (but not HIIT) cardio
5.) Treat yourself to a massage
6.) Get a chiropractic adjustment
7.) Daily hot/cold showers. Alternate 1 minute of each for 10 minutes.
8.) Cryotherapy on sore muscles: Take a dixie cup, fill it with water and place in the freezer. Have you GF/wife or mistress (ideally all 3) apply to said muscles, peeling the cup as the ice melts.

You can add Cayenne Pepper to this when you freeze it, but unclear as to if that's legal in your state. Since I'm not up on these things, you can cite cite Rob's recommendation and ignorance of the law. That'll work in every state*

Any of the above is going to GREATLY benefit you and shave days off of recovery between heavy workouts.

*Excludes states with vowels in their names :)