Supplements are in, it's time for Warrior's 1st run at BP

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
warrior

Supplements are in, it's time for Warrior's 1st run at BP

Post by warrior »

Ok, I am pumped and ready for my first BP run. I have completed the 7days of rest and have just started my 1st day of the dreaded Famine!!!
I am 45yrs old, 5'11" and my weight is 150lbs. I have been working out for several years now but get asked all the time if I'm still going to the gym, talk about a kick in the ass. My problem is to gain size I eat a ton of calories and train hard which gets me some bulk until I attempt to cut which then loose's all my gains. I obviously know I'm not on the right track and am tired of getting false advise from others, hence thats why I am totaly committed to completing my 1st run at BP. Strengh wise I lift the same weight as the guys I train with that are twice my size.

My goal is to follow the BP line by line and gain size, any additional info or tips would be welcomed guys!! I have ordered all the suggested suppliments from MASS and will be also following the supplement's as recommended. I guess I'll get to that in the feast phase.

Ok here goes my stats:

Age - 45
Weight - 152lbs

Stats-
Biceps- 14 1/2"
Thighs- 20" ( ok I hear you laughing )
Chest- 36 1/2"
Waist - 30"

Famine - Day One

Completed my first day workout without a hitch, things went well! My work out was as follows:

Day one -Workout

Squats - 6reps @ 205lbs into
Dumbell rows- 6reps @ 85lbs

Tbar rows - 6reps @ 110lbs into
Pulldowns - 5reps @ 165lbs

Repeated above two more times

Biceps -

Standing Barbell curls - 6 reps @ 80lbs

Incline dumbell curls - 6reps @ 35lbs

Preacher curls - 6reps @ 60lbs ( less bar )

Abs - Static crunch - 180lbs for 20sec. x 3

Cardio - 30min on tread mill

Diet for day one -

I followed a sample given for 1200cal in the BP, so I will not bore you with the details basically fruit and vegies and a multi vit x 2. However if you really want to know just ask!!

Dan
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Welcome to the boards man, glad to see you're running a log here. Feel free to PM me or any of the higher experience bros here if someone misses a question posted in your log. best of luck!
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

Great to have you on board!

Good work out of the gate. Keep it up.

I will be following for sure and helping where I can!

Best of luck and welcome again!
warrior

Post by warrior »

DAY TWO OF FAMINE - Man, didn't realize how much I hate fruits and vegies,lol. Today is a rest day so I'm going to attempt some cardio to shock the system a little more! Woke up this morning with a resting heart rate of 61bpm, weight is down 1lb already,cool :P

My diet for the day is going to be the same as yesterday and basically identical for the remaining 3days at 1200cal/day. Having withdrawls from my morning coffee already. Pretty bad 2nd day without coffee and it's all I can think about, well among a few other things,lol. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy, god I love this program :lol:
warrior

Post by warrior »

By the way thanks for the above encouragement guy's!!! It's nice knowing that there is support if needed.
warrior

Post by warrior »

Day 3 of Famine finally done, you guys were right, it was a tough one but I did it :D Could not believe how difficult the work out was! Thought I would not have been as weak,lol.

Diet still remains at 1200 cals, Resting heart rate was 64bpm this morning and my wieght was 149lbs. Two more days, can't wait. I'm already planning my first feast meal, its pretty much all I think about, not so easy to run a business when you have food on the brain,lol. I've been taking the lecithin as well as a muli and hemp oil ( instead of liverpills ).
dropthebeats

Post by dropthebeats »

Keep it up warrior. Did you get your second workout in today?
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

warrior wrote: I've been taking the lecithin as well ....
How did yours look when you opened the bottle?

Mine seem kinda large sized... feel like my container may have been bad haha.
warrior

Post by warrior »

dropthebeats wrote:Keep it up warrior. Did you get your second workout in today?
I sure did and it was a killer workout. I could not believe how weak I felt lifting, almost embarassing,lol
warrior

Post by warrior »

JML2011 wrote:
warrior wrote: I've been taking the lecithin as well ....
How did yours look when you opened the bottle?

Mine seem kinda large sized... feel like my container may have been bad haha.
I would compare it to the look of steel cut oats, or dried whole grain rice. I've been putting it on my salad for now, I don't have a lot of other opions on famine, can't wait to feast so I can add it to yogurt and shakes!! I guess I could man up and take a spoon full of the stuff raw, let me think!!!,not,lol
warrior

Post by warrior »

Famine Day #4 -

Well I have finished day 4, it's all down hill from here, 1200cal diet today with a small cadio and ab workout. Its really wied going to the gym and not weight training, the looks I was getting,lol. Checked my resting heart rate today at 65BPM, and my weight is at 146lbs. Can't wait until tommorrows workout and the last day of feast :D

How clean should my diet be for the first three days of feast? I understand that I need to eat 1.5g of protien per pound and lots of carbs but I'm thinking pizza and cake will be involved in this first day or two,lol. Whats your thoughtrs, I understand to limit the junk food there after but how clean do those first 72hrs have to be?

What are some of those meals you guys ate on the first day of feast??

Dan
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Eating junk after famine: it depends on your metabolism. I know I just can't eat junk because it goes straight in the belly, even after fasting...

Now, for the meals after famine, I like my breakfast like this:

1 cup pink grapefruit juice (to down the multilife, the kre-anabolyn, the fish oil gel and the alkaplex green+)
2 eggs
2 slices of ham (2-3 oz)
2 slices of whole grain bread
1 slice of cheese (1.5 oz)
1 huge glass of milk (1.5-2 cup)
1 banana if I still have some place
You can also put the bread, ham, eggs and cheese in a epic morning sandwich. Yummy!

3 hours later, first snack:
2 yogourts
1 apple or 2 kiwis
1 scoop whey or hemp protein

lunch:
green salad with homemade olive oil balsamic vinegar dressing
Steam veges
6 oz salmon
1 cup brown rice

2nd sanck:
the "formula" while training

Dinner:
homemade chicken cake:
pizza crust
16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
6 slices of bacon
1 green pepper
1/2 red onion
Diana spicy barbecue sauce
mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
That gives 2 serving (one left for your next day lunch). Way to much stuff on the crust to be call a pizza ;)

Late evening:
1 slice of whole grain toast
1 table spoon natural peanut butter
1 scoop whey
1 cup of milk

For the first 3 days only, will give you 3500+ calories
warrior

Post by warrior »

bigpelo wrote:Eating junk after famine: it depends on your metabolism. I know I just can't eat junk because it goes straight in the belly, even after fasting...

Now, for the meals after famine, I like my breakfast like this:

1 cup pink grapefruit juice (to down the multilife, the kre-anabolyn, the fish oil gel and the alkaplex green+)
2 eggs
2 slices of ham (2-3 oz)
2 slices of whole grain bread
1 slice of cheese (1.5 oz)
1 huge glass of milk (1.5-2 cup)
1 banana if I still have some place
You can also put the bread, ham, eggs and cheese in a epic morning sandwich. Yummy!

3 hours later, first snack:
2 yogourts
1 apple or 2 kiwis
1 scoop whey or hemp protein

lunch:
green salad with homemade olive oil balsamic vinegar dressing
Steam veges
6 oz salmon
1 cup brown rice

2nd sanck:
the "formula" while training

Dinner:
homemade chicken cake:
pizza crust
16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
6 slices of bacon
1 green pepper
1/2 red onion
Diana spicy barbecue sauce
mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
That gives 2 serving (one left for your next day lunch). Way to much stuff on the crust to be call a pizza ;)

Late evening:
1 slice of whole grain toast
1 table spoon natural peanut butter
1 scoop whey
1 cup of milk

For the first 3 days only, will give you 3500+ calories
Thanks for the advice bigpelo! My mouth is watering reading about the home made chicken cake !!
warrior

Post by warrior »

Famine Day #5 -

Halaulya!!! day 5 DONE!!!!, 1200cal diet completed yesterday. Hardest workout of my life lol, but I did it. :D It was quite the experiance performing a workout with the lack of calories, though I was going to passout a few times but " pain is temporay, glory is forever " and I did it. Checked my resting heart rate today at 68BPM, and my weight is at 142lbs.

First day of feast, I'm in the process of loading up on calories and have begun my BP Stack. Started taking Masspro Amino 30-40 daily,
KA ( 3/day ) and will take AN ( 3/day ) tonight before bed. Anybody know if I should be expecting any negative side effects from this stack. I will be taking the formula after 72hrs during my workouts ofcourse.