Back for Round 4

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

MSR9889 wrote:ive also got some gaba coming to try out. im going to start dosing it with reduction PM which already has some in it. what was the dosing scheme you had told me before? start with 1g and work up to 3-4g? the caps are 750mg each and im not sure how much is in reduction pm.

got some psyllium husk too as bathroom trips havent been so stellar with my low carb/fiber diet.
A. OK here we go on the GABA dosing... I'm going to use GammaGH (brand I use) in my example but same advice applies...

If interested in boosting growth hormone even further (naturally), I offer the following as a suggestion given there is new data emerging on such. Note that GH release peaks during the first 90 minutes of deep sleep, so that's your starting point and window within which everyone should take advantage. Note also that going to bed on a belly full of carbs blunts this GH release! Back on point... with respect to GABA:

There is new research pointing to beneficial effects of consuming GABA pre-training. If willing to entertain, I'd suggest 3g prior to the workout on an empty a stomach as possible. Reason: recently a study demonstrated it quadruples GH output of the training session:

https://www.ergo-log.com/gabagh.html

Ideal during Feast/Cruise and quite economical at that. NOTE: Start with a LOW dose on an EMPTY stomach. GABA can impart a flushing effect if you're not familiar with it. Start with 1g and work your way up to 3g about 30 min prior to the workout.

If using a pre-workout thermogenic or coffee, ideal to take it alongside as GABA can cause drownsiness/relaxation in some. The empty stomach part is important b/c if consumed alongside protein, the other aminos inherent therein will compete with GABA (and win), washing out its ability to cross the blood/brain barrier.

There is even research supporting a 550% increase in GH when taken prior to bed. In one study conducted by Italy's First Medical Clinic, University of Milan - a 5 gram oral dose was shown to increase Human Growth Hormone (HGH) by 550% within 90 minutes. Consider dosing prior to workouts, away from food during the day and before bedtime if you haven't eaten in a few hours.

In fact, I keep a bottle of Gamma GH by my bathroom sink. If I get up at night to use the bathroom, 5g of GammaGH goes down the hatch for another GH spike. It also gives helps me fall back to sleep easier. So... multiple opportunities to boost GH if so inclined.

Do these multiple transient increases in GH lead to more muscle/less fat over time? That hasn't been studied or proven yet. However, I do feel strongly that it does and eagerly await that to be born out. One thing you can feel in short order; recovery from exercise certainly improves. There is, I feel... great benefit to the tendons, skin and other organs given the opportunity to boost GH at various times throughout the day.

Given it's pricepoint to potential benefit ratio, I hope you can see why it may be worthwhile.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

thanks again for the info

woke up a little slow today but the stims hit me nice and quick.

took lx, EC, ebol and 2g fish oil before breakfast
breakfast was 8 eggs and veggies ~600 calories
took ec and lx at noon
took ebol and 2g fish oil before lunch
lunch was 3 turkey burgers, some mac n cheese, and a bowl of veggies with 2 tbsp ranch ~1150 calories
took lx, ebol and 1 tsp peanut butter before dinner ~30 calories
dinner was 2 scoops muscle infusion and a sample pack of ON whey ~400 calories

total calories ~2180

didnt want that much whey but dinner was awful and i needed something protein dense because of my lunch.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

clock for some reason reset this morning and my alarm never went off so i missed breakfast. i did sleep in a bit more which is nice though.

took ec, ebol and 2g fish oil before breakfast
breakfast was 2 scoops muscle infusion ~286 calories
took ec, ebol and 2g fish oil before lunch
lunch was ~3 grilled italian chicken breasts, 4 jalapeno poppers, and a few bites of chicken pot pie ~1000 calories
took ebol and 1 tsp peanut butter before dinner ~30 calories
dinner was a buffalo chicken salad with romaine, black olives, cucumbers, ranch and hot sauce and 2 scoops muscle infusion ~650 calories

total calories ~1966

took 750mg gaba and reduction pm before bed
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Bet the eggs missed you Matt... :)
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

so the gaba and red pm never hit me last night and it took me a while to fall asleep. ill try 2 caps of gaba tonight.

breakfast was 4 eggs, 2 egg whites, half a hash brown, 1 scoop super foods and 1 scoop allwhey ~560 calories
took ec at noon
lunch was chicken korma and a bowl of spinach and broccoli with 2 tbsp ranch dressing ~890 calories
dinner was 1.5 pieces chicken romano ~400 calories
short while after i had 1 scoop muscle infusion ~143 calories

total calories ~2023

skipped some eggs for the hash brown and it tasted awful. thats what i get for straying i guess.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Don't feel bad Matt.

Yours truly had to learn all of his lessons the hard way in life too... :)
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

took me forever to fall asleep last night again and i kept waking up during the night. i took 1.5g gaba plus red pm and felt nothing.

took ebol, ec and 2g fish oil before breakfast
breakfast was 8 eggs and veggies ~600 calories
took ec, ebol and 2g fish oil before lunch
lunch was a buffalo chicken wrap and i left off some of the wrap, and 2 scoops muscle infusion ~780 calories
dinner was 3 scoops allwhey and a cookie ~590 calories

had a shitty day and my stomachs felt weird all day. i had the cookie and shake for dinner because i didnt want to leave my room and the dining hall menu sucked. ill be trying 3g gaba tonight before bed.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow..

Suggestion.... up the GABA to 3g and drop the RedPM. I'm not familiar w/it, nor if there's anything in it that may "compete" with GABA (and win), washing out GABA's ability to penetrate the blood/brain barrier and thus, its effects.

Other large neutral amino acids, for example...

Hope that helps you Matt!! Keep up the fantastic work!!!
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

fell asleep on time last night but did toss and turn a bit throughout the night and woke up a couple hours early, but overall i feel rested. couldnt finish my breakfast this morning, maybe because i drank too much water, maybe it was the EC.

breakfast was ~6 eggs and veggies ~420 calories
took pumpbol and focus xt preworkout
intra drank 1 scoop atomic 7 and 12g bcaas with 4g citrulline malate
pwo i took 1 scoop ONE with ebol and 2g fish oil ~70 calories
lunch was pad tai chicken and 1 scoop muscle infusion with 1 scoop super foods ~1000 calories
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

workout was pretty good. had a meeting run late so i had to cut my workout short and skip abs again. my left forearm was dying on deadlift again but my right held up well.

romanian deadlift- 135x10, 225x8, 225x8, 225x8, 225x5
push ups- 8, 8, 8, 8
squat- 95x10, 135x5, 185x8, 185x8, 185x8, 185x8
lat pulldown- 100x10, 170x8, 170x8, 170x7, 150x6

the pump in my bicep had my right arm feeling like it was going to rip.

good workout overall.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Another solid job man!!

Keep the Blueprint gain train steamrolling through UCONN Matt!!!
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

day off today, tomorrow im going to drop to 85% maintenance calories again. just got back from playing full court basketball. only 2 games but no one could score so they both took forever. endurance was the best its been in forever even with my sore legs.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

MSR9889 wrote:day off today, tomorrow im going to drop to 85% maintenance calories again. just got back from playing full court basketball. only 2 games but no one could score so they both took forever. endurance was the best its been in forever even with my sore legs.
Well deserved, Matt!! :)
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

got some good sleep last night after being exhausted yesterday and having a slighe headache most of the day.
new calorie goal on off days is 1700. ive got a ton of work coming up in the next few weeks before finals but hopefully ill be able to start doing more cardio during the week, perhaps morning fasted cardio.

took ebol and 2g fish oil before breakfast
breakfast was 5 eggs and 2 scoops allwhey ~610 calories
lunch was 2 scoops muscle infusion ~286 calories
dinner was a buffalo chicken salad, 2 scoops muscle infusion, and a cookie ~886 calories

total calories ~1812