TF's Blueprint Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Can't wait to get back in the gym... Its been a long week so far, we've had to work daylight to dark almost every day this week trying to get my parents house done before the weekend, so we can get back to actual paying work next week...

Hopefully we can get it wrapped up tomorrow before it gets to late, so I can go to the gym...

My diet has been all screwed up this week... it's been hard to get the macros in that I need... I cant wait to get this crap done so things can get back to normal, and I can get things back on track...

This add on has taken way longer than expected, and threw me outta my rhythm, both training and diet wise, and with easter this weekend it's gonna continue to be busy :x

But what can you do... so I'll just put it behind me, get back on track, and keep moving forward, cant afford to lose no more traction :wink:

Hopefully I'll be able to get to the gym, and be reporting a good workout tomorrow night... cross your fingers for me :wink:
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

The GYM will be there, even tho i think it is scared of you

I had trouble getting there this week to, but made it back today with a Vengeance

Now Turbo, go unleash the hounds of hell and destroy those PR's
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah man, you've got some good things going on there. Sounds like you hit all of your reps/sets on the first workout even despite the work hours. Even so, recall the German Loading Pattern #1 is pretty darn forgiving. You can and probably will miss a rep or two here or there. I know I do every time I run it.

That being said, good for you for listening to your body and taking the extra rest days. Can't stress enough how important it is to listen to your body when it's asking for that break. You're in tune.... :)
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

Hang in there TURBO. All that manual labor will only make you stronger. Get your rest and hit the gym hard when you can.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

I used to work out with a shoe salesman. If we missed a week, his weight and strength would plummet while mine not so much. Manual labor does the body good.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

dracotdrgn wrote:I used to work out with a shoe salesman. If we missed a week, his weight and strength would plummet while mine not so much. Manual labor does the body good.
It's the only way I know boys :wink:
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Felt GREAT getting back into the gym... I was feeling pretty tired and unmotivated on the way to the gym, was't really feeling it atall..

But once I got there and started lifting, I felt like a junkie that just got his fix :P .. It was crazy, I felt like a whole new person..

I had a really good workout, It was my second workout of G.L.P#1

bench press

135x10
165x8
180x6
200x6
215x6
235x6 ( got 5 clean reps, and 1 assisted)

squat

175x10
215x8
230x6
255x6
270x6
295x6

I got all my reps on squats, I was feeling a little stiff and didnt go quiet as deep as I should've.. next time I'll stretch a little more, and do a better warm up.... But other than needing to go a tad deeper, the weight went up rather easy, if I hit the depth I'm aiming for, and I get all my reps rather easy again, I may crank up the weight a little more on the remaining workouts....

After I finished my big lifts, hit some biceps, and a little more chest.

standing barbell curl

85x7
90x7
95x7
95x7 (with a 5 sec hold on the way down)
super setted w/
incline dumbell curl
35x7-4x

Chest fly machine

210x7
220x7
230x7
230x7

finished of w/
dumbell pullovers

65x15

Felt great during the workout, after feeling pretty dumpy before hand... and felt like a million bucks afterward..

Strength is definetly rising... the only thing lagging behind is my weight, I'm only weighing in at 196,197 still... I'm getting in roughly atleast 3000+ calories a day, I havent been keeping real good track of macros lately, as my diet has been a little off, not getting in the number of meals spread out like I'd like to, instead getting in fewer but much bigger meals..

Things should get back to normal for awhile after monday, I'm really gonna try to put more focus in on my diet.. I'm tellin you guys I eat ALOT, but I burn alot of cals at work... I get payed by the job, so the quicker you get it done, the faster you can get to the next, and get payed again... so I hit it HARD at work... and between that, the gym, and being a hard gainer.. I have trouble eating enough to put on weight...

when work gets slow I have no trouble gaining, but like I said when the works there, it gets hard... I seriously dont know how much more I can stand, or afford to eat.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow, that's terrific. Glad to hear you're doing so well, even in the face of that much manual work!

A couple of suggestions:

1.) Don't be afraid to insert extra rest days. Truly, they can only benefit you.

2.) Consider a pre-workout product like Burn It Up! or like thermo if you're REALLY lagging. Used judiciously, they can make a difference.

3.) Understand on the diet/calories being tough to get them in. Much easier to drink them vs. eat them, try this:

Pour the following ingredients into a blender:

- 12/16 oz of Pineapple juice
- 2 cups of skim milk powder (alternatively, 2-3 scoops of protein powder)
- 1 large banana
- 2 containers of liquid egg whites (back in the day, this was 6 raw eggs!)
- 1 tablespoon of raw/organic wheat germ
- 1 container of Greek yogurt
- 2/3 scoops low-fat ice cream (Ok I use full fat but what the hell..)
- Place into large thermos and sip slowly with every meal.

This baby is loaded with calories, protein and b-vitamins from the wheat germ

- Bromelain and papain digestive enzymes come from pineapple juice
- Digestive enzymes are important and overlooked for protein absorption
- Rich in potassium/vitamin C, fiber and beneficial bacteria found in the
yogurt.

When you consume that through the day along with 3-4 sandwiches/whole food meals your nutrition puzzle is solved!

Hope that helps. You're doing a fantastic job and I have no doubt you'll get to where you need to be. If weight gains are still lagging, consider upping the carbs. That can be most easily accomplished by adding an additional 100G of Waxy Maize powder to your shakes.

You can add a heck of a lot of carbs from this stuff and not feel bloated/smooth or get any type of crash from it. Highly, highly recommended. It's cheap too...
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Turbo, nice lifts glad you could get back in the gym

I have been using Dole Pineapple Juice with meals, hopefully some of the benefits are still there even though its processed to hell.

good way to add cals and protein

Greek yogurt is a lifesaver for me, i add oats protein and frozen fruit and I have nutrient dense Parfait

Cottage cheese in my morning shakes if i dont have greek yogurt

Other good high value foods
Qiunioa
Millet
Olives
Almond Butter
Peanut Butter (smart balance)

anyhow just 2cents
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

thanks for the suggestions guys... I've been thinking about putting that shake you alawys recommend togather Rob... only reason I havent yet is my blender is on the fritz.. I need to get a new one.. Good recommendations Hank, and yeah I was very pleased to get back in there 8)
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Man my diet has just sucked this week, I've been eating things this week I normally rarely eat... Pizza, white pasta, just plain JUNK foods..

Today I ate cup cakes, cake, and all kinds of other crap... didnt really want to eat the cup cakes and cake, but my sister in law made them for me and my girls wedding shower/birthday party(we share the same birthdate) and I didnt want to be rude, because she worked hard on them.. and once I started I just keep eating more :x ..

All week it's been like this, I've been eating a ton, but it's been like a cheat week... I usally only cheat once a week.. I just weighed though and I am up a couple pounds.. although it looks to be the wrong kinda weight :evil: :x

I'm feeling a little bloated, soft, and down after a week of poor, poor eating.. But that's gonna change starting monday... I got one more easter dinner, and I'm not gonna hold back, I'm gonna eat everything I want, till I feel like I'm gonna pop!!

Then starting monday I'm really gonna clean it up.. I'll still get in lots of cals, but I'll make sure to get it from much cleaner foods.. It drives me crazy when my bodyfat starts getting noticeably higher...

I should be able to get back down in no time though, just one of the perks of being a hard gainer.....
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I hear ya..

Easter only comes once a year so feel free to indulge. I fall off the wagon here and there too. No worries...
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Hammered out a another great workout, and feeling real strong... i hit all my reps on both lifts 8) ...

Bench

135x10
180x8
200x6
215x4
235x4
245x4 (could've got atleast 1 more, maybe 2)

followed immediately by
DB pullovers

70x15

squat

175x10
230x8
255x6
270x4
295x4
315x4

followed immediately by
SLDL

225x12

It felt great to get all my reps... I was still feeling like I had alot n the tank so....

bent over rows

135x9
145x7
145x7
145x5

super setted set for set w/
4 sets of wide grip pull ups

finished w/40lbs assisted pullups for 10 reps

nautilis lat/delt rowe machine

170x7
170x7
170x7
170x5

By that time, 2 hrs had passed, so i picked up a Ribeye steak..... BBQ'd that, and some chicken breast for tomorrow... Had some green beans, and brown rice w/ my steak... Good stuff 8)

I'm thinking about trying to schedule some days to get up a little earlier, and do some fasted HITT on my airdyne, to burn of some of the extra body fat I accumalated over the last week and a half..
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow. Gas in the tank too!

Sound like those few rest days did you well. Good for you for listening to your body! :)