Linkiroth gets strong, Blueprint Journey part I.

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Linkiroth wrote:
y0lked wrote:
Linkiroth wrote: Oh! so as not to double post, I am now taking:

3 Kre-Anabolyn per day
3 Multi-Lift per day
3 Glucosamine/Chondroitin per day
1 Scoop Controlled Labs Orange Oximega Greens
4g Gamma GH before bed

Cellucor C4 pre workout (when necessary)
The Formula (Considering adding BCAA loading protocol 2) intra/post workout
Isnt kre-anabolyn an adaptogen?
Stuff is the cat's meow, IMO.

There are MANY quality products to choose from today. Do take the time to research, refine and experiment. Starting with a proven winner though?

SMART move, in my book... and it is, my book :)

Oh yeah! I've been taking it since day 1 and so far, I think it's great.
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

Feast: DAYS 24-26

Today is my birthday! I went out to a gastropub for dinner, it was amazing! If the duck poutine didn't put me near my calories for the day, I'm sure the rest of the meal did. Delicious. All of it. Now, back on the bandwagon.

Nutrition
Couldn't keep track of it today, I tried until dinner and then my calories certainly shot up from 1900.

GLP 1 squat workout #3
Squat
205 x 10
270 x 8
300 x 6
320 x 4
345 x 4
365 x 3.5 (I should rightly count this as 4. Explained below.)

SLDL
315 x 5

EDT Block
Leg curl 130 x 6,6,6
Leg press 600 x 6,4,6

Had to cut the EDT block short, we had reservations.

So, I go down for rep 4 and it's definitely a grinder. I'm pushing my knees and feet out as hard as I can. Looking up, and out of the corner of my eye, I see someone darting over to me in the mirror (that I'm not looking directly at, mind you) and so I lost my concentration and my tightness. I was about halfway back up (around the point where most people stop squatting, you know.) and brought it back down in a controlled manner. I was through the tough part; I'm 100% sure I could have finished the rep if I hadn't been distracted. Oh well. Two more workouts.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great work man, you can count that rep #4!!

Now given you're at the tail end of Feast, please consider the following:

Insert just ONE extra rest day, into your workout training frequency template. Meaning if you're at a 1on/2off now, consider going to a 1on/3off.

REASON: As you're body has grown stronger, you're lifting heavier weights for more reps. It logically follows then, that the stresses on the body are increasing.

To reap the benefits and allow the body to grow larger/stronger, you absolutely MUST insert these extra rest days. Doing so will allow you the TIME necessary to super-compensate and grow bigger/stronger muscles...

It's been said before and it's true; "It's not the notes that make the music. Rather, it's the spaces in between...: :):):)
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

RobRegish wrote:Great work man, you can count that rep #4!!

Now given you're at the tail end of Feast, please consider the following:

Insert just ONE extra rest day, into your workout training frequency template. Meaning if you're at a 1on/2off now, consider going to a 1on/3off.

REASON: As you're body has grown stronger, you're lifting heavier weights for more reps. It logically follows then, that the stresses on the body are increasing.

To reap the benefits and allow the body to grow larger/stronger, you absolutely MUST insert these extra rest days. Doing so will allow you the TIME necessary to super-compensate and grow bigger/stronger muscles...

It's been said before and it's true; "It's not the notes that make the music. Rather, it's the spaces in between...: :):):)
Rob, I just moved to a 1 on/2 off from a 1 on/1 off schedule. I may move to 1 on/3 off if it feels necessary but as is, I'm pretty confident in my recovery ability in a 1 on/ 2 off cycle. I feel VERY well rested before each session. Thanks for the advice.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK man! Understand and RESPECT, your judgment... :)

If so inclined, I do like to have another option in my back pocket: Consolidation...

This refers to looking for movement that may overlap each other, to some degree. Here's a good example...

MANY are performing extra quad work, after completing their XYZ loading pattern, with Squats.

Rather than performing more quad work via the leg sled, hacks, leg extension etc., consider a hip dominant lift to compliment it..

1.) Romanian Deadlifts
2.) Dimel Deadlifts
3.) Strong range rack pulls, etc..

Doing so maximizes your time/energy expended in the gym, optimizes the agonist/antagonistic strength ratio and... prevents injury, by preventing the antagonist muscle groups from "lagging", behind the agonists!!

Hope that helps.. :)
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

RobRegish wrote:OK man! Understand and RESPECT, your judgment... :)

If so inclined, I do like to have another option in my back pocket: Consolidation...

This refers to looking for movement that may overlap each other, to some degree. Here's a good example...

MANY are performing extra quad work, after completing their XYZ loading pattern, with Squats.

Rather than performing more quad work via the leg sled, hacks, leg extension etc., consider a hip dominant lift to compliment it..

1.) Romanian Deadlifts
2.) Dimel Deadlifts
3.) Strong range rack pulls, etc..

Doing so maximizes your time/energy expended in the gym, optimizes the agonist/antagonistic strength ratio and... prevents injury, by preventing the antagonist muscle groups from "lagging", behind the agonists!!

Hope that helps.. :)
Rob: Great thought! I was reconsidering my EDT blocks today, actually, assessing the use of them in my training.

Feast: DAYS 27-30

Failure. I had to see the doctor today due to searing elbow pain upon unracking the fourth set of Bench. He told me to "take it easy" and gave me a prescription for ibuprofen. Rob advised me to get a second opinion which is nearly impossible due to the military being so stringent about where and when to go to the clinic so I contacted my buddy who is a PT and we ran through some diagnostics, he said it seems like a standard case of tennis elbow. He advised me to do some VERY light EZ bar curls (sets of 10-20) if they don't cause me pain (they don't) to get blood flowing and to lay off of heavy benching for at LEAST a few days. Also, to ice the area a few times per day. I also took Rob's advice and went out and bought SuperCissus which I will start taking on top of my Glucosamine/Chondroitin.
Nutrition was pretty good but calories were not tracked well.

GLP bench workout #4
Bench Press
120 x 10 (Felt light)
175 x 8 (Still felt pretty good)
185 x 6 (Required some serious leg drive but no grinders.)
200 x PAIN

Later on...
EZ bar curls
bar x 2 x 20
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK terrific!!

You're dogging it, which means A LOT insofar as getting past YOUR injury. This relying on other people bullshit, not a fan... :)

Let's find the movements that don't aggravate it, weave them in, continue with the pre-hab/re-hab and.... get you to Gainsville!! :)

Fantastic work!! man, makin' me/us proud... :):):):):)
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

RobRegish wrote:OK terrific!!

You're dogging it, which means A LOT insofar as getting past YOUR injury. This relying on other people bullshit, not a fan... :)

Let's find the movements that don't aggravate it, weave them in, continue with the pre-hab/re-hab and.... get you to Gainsville!! :)

Fantastic work!! man, makin' me/us proud... :):):):):)
I'm going to try squatting as usual (either tomorrow or Thursday, depending on wifey) and hope that doesn't aggravate it. I'll try some more pre/re-hab on the elbow too.
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

Feast: DAYS 31-32

Not much to say. Elbows still hurt a little bit when they support relatively heavy weights (over 100 pounds) and were starting to hurt before my last set of squats but I got through all of it. Ate lunch out today, didn't track calories again, but I'm certain I'm exceeding 3000kcal. I also reviewed my movements for my accessory work.

GLP #1 Squat workout 4
Squat
205 x 10
300 x 8
320 x 6
345 x 4
365 x 2 (Mild soreness in left elbow, about a 2 on a scale from 1-10)
395 x 2 (Mild soreness in left elbow, about a 2.5 on a scale from 1-10)

Dimel Deadlifts
185 x 3 x 5 (1 rep is from the ground to lockout, down to the knees, up to lockout again and reset on the ground.)

Cable crunch static hold
97.5 x 2 x 20sec

About to go out, get some food, pop my cissus and then get some rest tonight. I did some overhead presses and curls with the bar with no pain. I will consider benching on Saturday depending on how my elbows feel. if my pain exceeds a 3 at any point, I'll know to stop.

I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight.
[/b]
drtda

Post by drtda »

Don't know if you have access to it, through your doctor or PT, but therapy lasers are great for treating tendon and ligament problems/injuries. A few treatments can definitely speed up your healing.
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

drtda wrote:Don't know if you have access to it, through your doctor or PT, but therapy lasers are great for treating tendon and ligament problems/injuries. A few treatments can definitely speed up your healing.
I've heard of them but I'm fairly certain I'd have to go to a civilian PT for that... which I'd have to pay out of pocket for. Great advice though, thanks!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great advice, indeed!!

We VERYmuch appreciate, your contributions here drtda...

:)
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

Feast: DAY 33

Felt pretty well today. Did my elbow prehab and tried some pullups. Zero pain from pullups. Several hours later (my elbows always hurt more at night) my pain is about a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10. I know it's there but it's more of a tingling than pain. I want to credit SuperCissus for my speedy recovery.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Linkiroth wrote:Feast: DAY 33

Felt pretty well today. Did my elbow prehab and tried some pullups. Zero pain from pullups. Several hours later (my elbows always hurt more at night) my pain is about a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10. I know it's there but it's more of a tingling than pain. I want to credit SuperCissus for my speedy recovery.
So happy, it helped...! :)