Street-Dreams BP third times the Charm.. For the Cut.

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

You probably wont see a lot of changes in only one week. I'm higher BF% (Started around 35% down to maybe 22%) and I don't see changes very quickly. Once you get more lean then it'll start coming faster, but be more patient at the start.

Compare week 1 to week 5, more likely to see changes that way :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

GREAT advice here...

As fast as BP is, some patience is required. Still have to remind my/ourselves of that too.... :)
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

pullups 6
push ups 43
situps 28 PR
squats 120

called it a day after one.. for some reason my pullups are lagging .. im assuming they need more time to recover.. as much as I dont want to I'm going to go from 1on/3off to 1on/4off tied PR on pushups and squats today and set PR on situps
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Do you think that you really need 3-4 days off? I mean, it's your body and you will know best, but, I personally, think it's a bit over kill unless you're moving a lot of weight (as far as stress on your body, not exactly amount of weight moved). Do you not have a gym membership or what? I didn't read your whole log, so I could be a bit ignorant on how you're going about things.
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

eggs benedict..

each conists of

half english muffin
1 peice ham
1 poached egg(these didnt turn out the best..lol)
1 ladle of cheese sauce.. (margerine,flour, milk, american chz)
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

JlCh wrote:Do you think that you really need 3-4 days off? I mean, it's your body and you will know best, but, I personally, think it's a bit over kill unless you're moving a lot of weight (as far as stress on your body, not exactly amount of weight moved). Do you not have a gym membership or what? I didn't read your whole log, so I could be a bit ignorant on how you're going about things.
first of all I don't have a gym membership.

secondly DO NOT underestimate BW routines.. they can be very taxing on the body.. esp when every set is taken to failure...
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

I'm not really "underestimating" it, just saying I'm not sure if doing a BW workout would put me out for 3+ days. Maybe it's because I have issues with high rep work. Once the super big burn kicks in it's hard for me to keep pushing and I find myself quitting before actual failure. Just never works out too well for me so perhaps I'm being too biased. Hope all works out for you.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

JlCh wrote:I'm not really "underestimating" it, just saying I'm not sure if doing a BW workout would put me out for 3+ days. Maybe it's because I have issues with high rep work. Once the super big burn kicks in it's hard for me to keep pushing and I find myself quitting before actual failure. Just never works out too well for me so perhaps I'm being too biased. Hope all works out for you.
in street dreams defense here, he has a fair bit of BF% left on him, so those pullups and pushups are probably HELL.

I did ALMOST 3 chinups on Monday and my back is SHOT. (I did negatives too, 2 sets of 3 after the chins). At least 2 full days recovery for me. I can only workout mon-wed-fri so I force workouts. I'm free to change up exercises though.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Insert extra rest days, vs. changing up the exercise template!!

That's what "Mixelflick" told me, anyways... :)
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

pullups 6
push ups 47 PR
situps 24
squats 125 PR
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Street-dreams wrote:pullups 6
push ups 47 PR
situps 24
squats 125 PR