Billton's first Blueprint run!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Love loggin in here. Then going to nolinksplease.com and seeing guys wonder why their bench isn't skyrocketing after downing their 3rd bottle of "Pink Magic".

In before co. reps chime in "you need to double your dose, you could be a weak/non-responder".

Yes, of course.
Billton

Post by Billton »

Yesterday was the second GLP workout for lower body. I got all the reps for squat, came up one rep short on the last set of deadlift.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

VERY nice. Perfectly natural to miss a rep here or there on GLP#1.... especially AFTER squats!

GREAT work..
Billton

Post by Billton »

Yesterday was workout three for upper-body. Missed the final rep on bench. Then on clean and press I stopped at three reps instead of four for my fifth set, but got all four in my sixth set. I'm doing clean and presses in a squat rack that has a calf machine about two feet behind it, so I'm reluctant to attempt reps that may cause me to be off balance. I did three on the final set and paused about 30 seconds and decided to get a fourth. I WISH I HAD ACCESS TO AN OLYMPIC PLATFORM!!!

Took today off. My lower body is far less sore today that it was this time last week so I'll probably get workout three for lower-body tomorrow.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great going Bilton!

Very intuitive... I like to see this. Looking forward to the next session and how it goes. And yes, wish I had an Olympic platform too!
Billton

Post by Billton »

Lower-body workout number three. Got all my reps on squat. I was short on time so I did sets 2,4, and 6 on deads. I got all the reps until the last set where I only got two reps. I probably over-estimated my deadlift max. I'm sure that my legs have it in them, but the grip and the lower back were just not there. Like I said earlier, I think my lower back did not develop along with my quads/hams/glutes because I replaced squats and deadlifts with machine moves until recently. 90% for two reps is still not bad, so I may actually get pretty close in the end. We'll just see.

At my last highschool powerlifting meet seven years ago I squatted 390 and deadlifted 490, so I figured that 500 was not a bad estimate of deadlift considering a 405lb squat. I really think that the lack of lower back development is the issue. My quads and hams are far bigger, and the lighter weights feel much easier than they did back then. I think my maxes for lower body will probably shoot up pretty quickly, I just don't think I could actually have done 500lbs on deadlift.
Billton

Post by Billton »

Did number four for upper body today. I missed both reps in the final set of benchpress today. I did them, but had a teeny bit of help from the spotter. I got all my reps on clean and press!!! That surprised me! I mentioned earlier that my clean and press max was estimated. 240lbs was what my final set called for and it is actually a PR!!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

More PR's, very nice!!

Keep up the great work man. Coming up roses for you :)