Cookie is bulking for Summer(wat?!?)

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Seeing difference in everything already but not the scales :(

Think it might be the leaning affect of ara a.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Might be man. Then again, I always found strength increases prior to weight!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

So had some crazy lifts today...really impressed

Bench 72.5kg 4 reps(Okay this is probably the least impressive of the lot but I was still very surprised, last workout I only barely got 70kg for 4 reps, this time I didnt struggle on the last rep, yeh it was hard but I didnt feel like I was gonna fail.I was thinking before this that I was gonna get 72.5 for 2 and maybe 3 reps if lucky, so if you can imagine the joker in a fit of hysterical laughter, that was me after the bench lol...
Pullover 30kg 7 reps
Squat 87.5kg 3.5reps(.5 cause I had no spotter and not worth risking it and wasnt 100% sure was gonna make it so didnt go below parallel) with a little bend in knees then I did another set of 2 with no bend in knees.I think maybe I should warm up with the bar so my form is perfect.Its only a slight bend though.
Stiff legged deadlift 110kg 3 reps(felt so alpha after that)
Bent row 60kg 5 reps(Yep stopping to flex bicep peak again...)
Cruch 10kg behind head 9 reps
Leg raise 5kg 11 reps then again for 9 reps

Really beastly lift improvements...pretty sure that adaptogen n dose I had last night and the ara a kicking in had something to do with it.That and my diet has been pretty decent

Oh yeh and I got the new bottle of adaptogen N today :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Fantastic!!

And do keep us posted as to how you like Adaptogen N. Stuff is so good... I almost built the course around it!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Ive used it before, in my top 3 products for sure.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Stuff is great. Time to re-order myself :)
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Rob what do you think about abdominal vaccum excercise?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Old school.... which means it likely has merit.

Honestly, never gave it a go. If you do... please share. My thoughts are that it likely trains your brain as much as your stomach. Meaning you'll eventually consciously/sub-consciously hold it in/maintain a better ab tense naturally.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Yeh something about it taking 3 inches off your abs, ill give it a go.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hey you take 3" off your abs and we'll ALL give it a go :)
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

RobRegish wrote:Hey you take 3" off your abs and we'll ALL give it a go :)
heh yeh nolinksplease.com article said that :P

Was joking really, they like to exaggerate.

Bench 67.5kg 8 reps
Pullover 30kg 7 reps
Squat 82.5 8reps
stiff deadlift 105kg 8 reps(beast)
Bent row 60kg 7 or 8 reps but about 2 of those I didnt stop at biceps for as long as I should have
Crunch 10kg for 15
leg raise 6kg for 10reps
ab vaccum ??(How many reps you recommend?And im ment to breath in while doing it yeh?Just keep that belly button pushed as far back as possible and at the same time take small breaths to fill only chest/lungs is what I was doing)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

GREAT work on DL's. They're really coming up?!?!

On the ab vacums... honestly have no idea. I did poke around a bit though and found this for you:

"Start by inhaling deeply. Then, as you exhale, start pulling the belly button in towards the spine and hold it there for 10-20 seconds while just taking short breaths. Repeat for several holds.

Get in the habit of doing this at least 4-5 days per week while driving somewhere and you may find that this helps to flatten your stomach more by strengthening the transversus abdominis muscle (the deep abdominal muscles beneath the rectus abdominis) if you previously had a “lazy belly”.

Like I said, this exercise doesn’t increase fat burning… it only helps to flatten a round stomach that has lazy deep ab muscles."

The Stomach Vacuum - How To Do It.

"The Stomach Vacuum is an isometric contraction (tenses the muscle without moving it) of the Transversus Abdominus. A stronger Transversus Abdominus can create a stronger Valsalva Maneuver (the powerful exhale necessary to contract a muscle during an intense workload). This is one of the best exercises you can perform to shrink your waistline in a very short amount of time. Many can knock 2 to 4 inches off their midsection in as little as 3 weeks with this technique. Also, building this area of the abdominal muscle will help you gain more control over your "abs" and assist you better in explosive lifts. Stomach Vacuums take practice, but they are extremely effective".

Hey you knock one inch off let me know. Even that would certainly be worthwhile!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Bench 80kg 1 rep
Pullover 30kg 8 reps
Squat 92.5kg 3 reps perfect form(lol wut?)
Stiff deadlift 120kg 1 rep then 1 rep again
Bent row 60kg 9 reps (about 7-8 stopping and bicep)

Crunch etc- didnt have time, gonna do em tomorrow.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Oh yeh and I wasnt feeling 100% the last 2 days or so.Think my numbers might have been even better if I was.