New User

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

Hank! wrote:Sounds FILLING I kinda guessed but it looks like that drink could be over 1500 calories which in itself is fine but the sheer volume of liquid in your belly may cause discomfort.

Also I think that if your eating raw egg white you should also consume the yolks which contain loads of healthy nutrition including Luteine, Triglycerides, Choline/Lecithin, Cholesterol.

I eat at least 2 raw Omega eggs in my shakes 3x a week.
Is that for real. Adding the yellow of the eggs to shakes. I thought that was just bad fats.

This shake i made above is to sipp with meals. not to drink all at once, thanks
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

zeebodybuilder wrote:
Hank! wrote:Sounds FILLING I kinda guessed but it looks like that drink could be over 1500 calories which in itself is fine but the sheer volume of liquid in your belly may cause discomfort.

Also I think that if your eating raw egg white you should also consume the yolks which contain loads of healthy nutrition including Luteine, Triglycerides, Choline/Lecithin, Cholesterol.

I eat at least 2 raw Omega eggs in my shakes 3x a week.
Is that for real. Adding the yellow of the eggs to shakes. I thought that was just bad fats.

This shake i made above is to sipp with meals. not to drink all at once, thanks

I am 100% serious, there is much more nutrition in the yolk than then albumen. Plus they make my shakes super rich and creamy

https://ezinearticles.com/?Macro-and-Mic ... id=4217864
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hank's right.

You know that 100% perfect BV rating egg always gets? It's predicated on the WHOLE egg, not egg whites!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It looks great Zee.. Just remember to sip on it periodically. Don't try downing the whole thing in one sitting..

The objective of Feast it to feel "full". NOT bloated and NOT feeling like the sight of food turns your stomach. Full does the job. Sick full does not.

I'm sure you know the difference. And congrats on making it through Famine... a test of sheer will and perserverence if there every was one!
zeebodybuilder

Day 1 Feast training

Post by zeebodybuilder »

Workout 1
- Bench press for as many as you can get in the 8-10 rep range
- Immediately perform a set of heavy dumbell pullovers* (8-10 reps).
- Focus on maximally stretching the muscle at the bottom of the movement.

* Should be performed on a SLIGHT incline bench. If using an adjustable bench, incline it one notch.

- Squats for as many reps as you can get in the 8-10 rep range
- Followed immediately by a set of stiff legged or Dimel deadlifts (8-10 reps).
- Focus on maximally stretching the muscle at the bottom of the movement.

That's your whole workout, so put 100% into your work sets!

------------------Questions

Obviously you cant just jump right into Bench press for as many as you can get in the 8-10 rep range. So how many sets of of warm up and what rep range shoudl I be doing as i dont want to guess and end up over training?

Do I need to do any pullover warm up's?

Plus how much rest between bench and pullovers should I be taking. is rest time ZEro seconds?

Same again how much warm up sets should I be doing for Squats?

My confusion here mainly is what WEIGHT will I be using to complete the number of reps asked for. For example If I choos 100kg and can only manage 4 reps that would be waste of session right?

Or if I choose a weight that is too light I could easily complete all my reps and that would be a waste of workout 1 with no gains right?

The reason I say this is because the last time I benched on Monday workout2 of famine I struggled to do 10 reps on 80kg bench press when my 1 rep max 4 weeks ago was 1 rep for 130kg Now im all lost up with what weight to choose. Hope you understand what im trying to say.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great questions Zee and I'll elaborate on them below:

Obviously you cant just jump right into Bench press for as many as you can get in the 8-10 rep range. So how many sets of of warm up and what rep range shoudl I be doing as i dont want to guess and end up over training?

A. Correct. You should work up to your target weight, peforming 1-3 reps with that weight prior to pushing it for all you're worth in the 8-10 rep range. This varies for people depending upon strength level. My typical warmup look like this (all for 1-2 reps):

Work set - depending upon rep range I'll add another warm up or 2.

Do I need to do any pullover warm up's?

A. Likely yes. suggest doing them in sequence with the bench just like you would the work sets.

Plus how much rest between bench and pullovers should I be taking. is rest time ZEro seconds?

A. Simply rest as long as it takes to walk to the bench, grab the dumbell and perform. If that's 30 sec it's 30 sec. If it's a bit less/more don't worry too much.

Same again how much warm up sets should I be doing for Squats?

A. Varies depending upon strength levels. I try to mimic what I illustrated on legs. The stronger you are, the longer it takes.

My confusion here mainly is what WEIGHT will I be using to complete the number of reps asked for. For example If I choos 100kg and can only manage 4 reps that would be waste of session right?

A. Not really. It does take some practice. Let your warmups guide you. You seem to be pretty well versed in the game so it shouldn't take much. The warmups and how much gas you have after rep 1 or 2 will tell you all you need to know!

Or if I choose a weight that is too light I could easily complete all my reps and that would be a waste of workout 1 with no gains right?

A. Again, not really. It doesn't need to be that exact. Provided you're going to failure and are CLOSE to the specified rep range is all that's important.

The reason I say this is because the last time I benched on Monday workout2 of famine I struggled to do 10 reps on 80kg bench press when my 1 rep max 4 weeks ago was 1 rep for 130kg Now im all lost up with what weight to choose. Hope you understand what im trying to say.

A. Understand, totally. Don't be too concerned if you over or undershoot. The strength levels come back and RAPIDLY due to the rapid influx of nutrients, water, increased rest and lag time/adaptation period you're now giving your body.

It will come. Trust me and yourself to guide you. It will NEVER let you down.. You'll feel better once you go through it once. Much better...
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

RobRegish wrote:
A. Correct. You should work up to your target weight, peforming 1-3 reps with that weight prior to pushing it for all you're worth in the 8-10 rep range. This varies for people depending upon strength level. My typical warmup look like this (all for 1-2 reps):

Work set - depending upon rep range I'll add another warm up or 2.

A. Likely yes. suggest doing them in sequence with the bench just like you would the work sets.

A. Simply rest as long as it takes to walk to the bench, grab the dumbell and perform. If that's 30 sec it's 30 sec. If it's a bit less/more don't worry too much.

A. Varies depending upon strength levels. I try to mimic what I illustrated on legs. The stronger you are, the longer it takes.

A. Not really. It does take some practice. Let your warmups guide you. You seem to be pretty well versed in the game so it shouldn't take much. The warmups and how much gas you have after rep 1 or 2 will tell you all you need to know!

A. Again, not really. It doesn't need to be that exact. Provided you're going to failure and are CLOSE to the specified rep range is all that's important.

A. Understand, totally. Don't be too concerned if you over or undershoot. The strength levels come back and RAPIDLY due to the rapid influx of nutrients, water, increased rest and lag time/adaptation period you're now giving your body.
Ok check me here if im following you properly according to your reply above..

I will start by doing warm up for bench and pullovers togther. e.g 1 set bench 1 set pullovers 30 secs rest 1 set benc 1 set pullovers and then so on as much as needed. Is this right.

I will be working in 2-3 reps this will help me save my strength for my 1 main sets on benc and pullovers. So I will be doing something like this below.

Warmup sets for bench and pullovers
set1 bench 20kg bar 3 reps
pullovers 10kg dumbell 3 reps

set2 bench 40kg 3 reps
pullovers 14kg dumbell 3 reps

set3 bench 60kg 3 reps
pullovers 18kg dumbell 3 reps

set4 bench 80kg 3 reps
pullovers 22kg dumbell 3 reps

set5 bench 90kg 3 reps
pullovers 24kg dumbell 3 reps

then MAIN WORKING SETS 8-10 REPS AS LISTED

Bench 100kg 8-10 reps or near 8 reps feeling fully fatigued
pullovers 26kg dumbells 8-10 reps or near 8 feeling fully fatigued.

The above is just a example depending how stromng or weak i may feel weight in kg my be upped or reduced.

Also you said about 30 seconds rst between warm up sets, Or How much rest would you say?
How does the above look Now..

Id the above layout is correct or perfect then the same layout would be used for squats.

Should I be making a note of how m,uch weight im using for each warm up set and main set. as all 5 workouts ask you to repeat the same exrcises bench and squats but in lower or higher reps?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hi Zee,

You've got most of this right. I would like you to take longer than 30 sec in between warm up sets though. More like 2-3 minutes.

After your last warmup set, take at least 5 full minutes (up to 10min) prior to beginning your work set. Once you hit that work set, really pour yourself into it both mentally and phsycially.

Maximum mental and physical intensity during that one all out set!
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

RobRegish wrote:Hi Zee,

You've got most of this right. I would like you to take longer than 30 sec in between warm up sets though. More like 2-3 minutes.

After your last warmup set, take at least 5 full minutes (up to 10min) prior to beginning your work set. Once you hit that work set, really pour yourself into it both mentally and phsycially.

Wow, taking 5-1omins b4 doing that 1 main working set = to me being more stronger. when ever i take longer rest upto that time I ahve alwyas benched out more heavy..

So warm up sets ieven though im doing 2-3 reps each set i shoudl still take 2-3 mins rest. that sounds good to me. will do..

and final main workout set reps at 8-10 should be done after taking 5-10mins rest after last warmup set.

What did you mean by this, I didnt understand? Once you hit that work set, really pour yourself into it both mentally and phsycially.

zeebodybuilder

Squats layout workout 1 feast

Post by zeebodybuilder »

Squats for as many reps as you can get in the 8-10 rep range
- Followed immediately by a set of stiff legged or Dimel deadlifts (8-10 reps).

Same again as above but i still feel i should lay it out.

First after completing the working sets on bench and pullovers HOW MUCH REST Should I take before strting the squat wrm ups?

warm up squats and stiff legged deadlifts
set1 squats 20kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 20kg bar 2-3 reps
2-3mins rest

set2 squats 40kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 30kg on bar 2-3 reps
2-3mins rest

set3 squats 60kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 45kg on bar 2-3 reps
2-3mins rest

set4 squats 80kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 60kg on bar 2-3 reps
2-3mins rest

set5 squats 90kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 80kg on bar 2-3 reps
5-10mins rest

1 MAIN working sets
Squats 100kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 85kg on bar 2-3 reps

End of workout.

How dos the above look?

OK about stifflegged deadlifts. The way to do this is not to fully lock you knees out in the stading postion right? as if using too much weight could affect you knee bone and cause joint damage. I this right?

So basically when doing this and straightining up alway keep a slight bend at the knee so the weight you are carrying doe not fall on your knee joint.

What dou you say is that the correct way of doing this..

Also for a full maximum contraction the muscle has to be fully strecthde so when lowering the bar down should I aim to touch the floor or keep 1 inch above the ground the hold for a sec the raise?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

First after completing the working sets on bench and pullovers HOW MUCH REST Should I take before strting the squat wrm ups?

A. About 5 minutes

warm up squats and stiff legged deadlifts
set1 squats 20kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 20kg bar 2-3 reps
2-3mins rest

set2 squats 40kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 30kg on bar 2-3 reps
2-3mins rest

set3 squats 60kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 45kg on bar 2-3 reps
2-3mins rest

set4 squats 80kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 60kg on bar 2-3 reps
2-3mins rest

set5 squats 90kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 80kg on bar 2-3 reps
5-10mins rest

1 MAIN working sets
Squats 100kg bar 2-3 reps
stiff legged deadlifts 85kg on bar 2-3 reps

End of workout.

How dos the above look?

A. That looks great Zee. Good planning..

OK about stifflegged deadlifts. The way to do this is not to fully lock you knees out in the stading postion right? as if using too much weight could affect you knee bone and cause joint damage. I this right?

A. Correct.

So basically when doing this and straightining up alway keep a slight bend at the knee so the weight you are carrying doe not fall on your knee joint.

What dou you say is that the correct way of doing this..

A. I would suggest putting a finer point on this by performing the Romanian Deadlift, something I'll be revising in 3.0. This is a slight variation of the DL, and a video is in order to help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnBREGM7 ... re=related

This guy goes a bit too low for my taste. I go to a point below the knees, about halfway down the shin. Hope that helps! His back/hip positioning though, is excellent.

NOTE: I burned through about a dozen BAD youtube examples of the Romanian Deadlift before I came across this one. Beware the jokers posting "how to do a Romanian deadlift". Good lord, it was abysmal.

Also for a full maximum contraction the muscle has to be fully strecthde so when lowering the bar down should I aim to touch the floor or keep 1 inch above the ground the hold for a sec the raise?

A. Don't go down too far. Below the knees (halfway down the shin) is fine.
Phrogg

Post by Phrogg »

I dont know if this is good or bad for SLDL but I get up on a platform and bring the bar all the way down till it touches my feet. Insane stretch.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, very true.

That builds more of the lift from the floor, lifting from a decrement like that. As you've found... it also provides one hell of a stretch.

Either lift is acceptable. I just prefer the Romanian Deadlift..
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

RobRegish wrote:Yes, very true.

That builds more of the lift from the floor, lifting from a decrement like that. As you've found... it also provides one hell of a stretch.

Either lift is acceptable. I just prefer the Romanian Deadlift..
Romanian deadlifts and stiff legged deadlifts are performed in different styles right that makes them different.#?