TF's Blueprint Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

RobRegish wrote:Never used those hooks... they solid?
Rob they are solid I just like the sensation of my hand wrapped around the bar. I never dropped anything while using them I am a naturally nervous guy and I always felt like the weight was going to fall out of the hook..which really is not possible

Long story short is me and a bud went in on the hooks and the straps, i kept the straps he kept the hooks

incidently today was my best ever rack pull and that was using those straps
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

I have only used the straps but I kinda like those hooks. When I get to the heavy weights I might have to get me some. My grip has always been alittle weak so I've been trying to strengthen my grip without the straps.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Theres a dude at my gym that has some hooks like the ones hank is talkin about, he really likes em, I havent had a chance to use em yet, but probably will get some if I like em. Had a looong day at work today, but it was absolutely beautiful weather here so I didnt mind much. Cant wait to go to the gym tomorrow :D
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Way to go guys... and great going Hank on the new PR on rack pulls!
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

4th workout of feast:

Felt not quiet as good today, but still got in good workout, it was mainly due to what I had for lunch though. I had the day off, so me and a buddy went to springfield to kill some time, and we ate at a mexican villa, it's great food, but not very psysic friendly, or a good place to get in a preworkout meal. I knew better though, so I only blame myself. I even waited 2 hrs after eating there to go to the gym, but I'm tellin ya a full order of burrito enchilada, will kick you're ass and make you wanna take a nap. I felt kinda mopey and not near as pumped up as previously, needless to say I WILL NOT be doin that again. :wink: Friday I go in and get my max on squat and bench, the it's time to start German loading program #2. I cant wait to get started on this program!!

Still feelin great
Still pumped
weight still slowly rising
1 workout left, then starting German loading program #2
great sleep last night
dreams are starting to get weird
muscles are looking fuller
I need to clean my diet up just a bit
NO MORE MEXICAN VILLA!!!!!!!!!!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent, excellent signs. The de-load is kind of funny. Some people are stoked by it and others it leaves flat. No matter, we're about to REALLY hit the gas with German Loading pattern #1.

Can't wait to see what you'll be basing it off of/where you come out..
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

TURBOFLEX, your progress looks great so far.

I'm jealous of you. Mexican Villa was one of my favorite palces to eat. Last time I was in Spfd I ate there. Their salsa is the best.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

beachpirate wrote:TURBOFLEX, your progress looks great so far.

I'm jealous of you. Mexican Villa was one of my favorite palces to eat. Last time I was in Spfd I ate there. Their salsa is the best.
lol yeah man it's good stuff!! I usally leave there with sweat beads all over my face from the salsa!!
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

I bet Mexican Villa is the real reason you're called Turbo Flex. :)
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Hank! wrote:I bet Mexican Villa is the real reason you're called Turbo Flex. :)
:lol:
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Now THAT'S funny!
On the serious...good luck with da max!
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Got my maxes today, they were close to where i thought they'd be 8) On bench I got 275, thats the most weight I've ever crawled under, and it was a bit of a shock to my body.... I've repped 265, but that was around 2 months ago, and 255 is the most I've seen since that day....
After I got it outta the hole it went up with out much trouble, and if I'd a been better conditioned for it, I'm pretty sure I have the strength to get 280.....

Same story on the squat, I got 350, and again it was a bit of a shock, cause it's been quiet a while since Ive even tried repping anything over 300... The 350 went up with a little struggle deep in the hole, but also felt I had he strength to press more if I'd been better conditioned for it.(atleast 360).....

Would've loved to take more time on both bench, and squat, but like I've said before I workout at a extremly small gym, and had people just setting around waiting for me to finish.... 350 is also the most I've ever tried to squat. I never really tried 1 rep maxes since my strength increased over this last fall and winter, everything i did was in the 3-5 rep max range, so this was new territory for me today, and even though I'm sure I'm strong enough to do more, I'm happy that I put up more weight than I ever have before :D......

I felt so good that I even did some extra exercises after my maxes, I hit up some incline dumbell presses, super setted with cable flys, then back rowes super setted with pull downs.... I felt great, just a super workout and super stoked about how everything is going and where I'm headed.

I am strongly cosidering plugging in 280 for bench, and 360 for squat for the loading phase I'm gonna use, as there is no doubt in my mind I can get those numbers even though I got a little less..... but I was rushed on both lifts, and since they were both new weights for me, I was a little psyched out by it, but I'm positive I posses the strength to do more than I did, just a matter of never seeing that weight, and being used to working in the 3-5 max range :wink:...... Rob let me know if you advise against this,and recommend I go with 275 and 350
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Super news!

New PR's this early are a fantastic sign. Your hard work and attention to detail are paying off Turbo. Awesome, awesome stuff.

Now, on your 1RM's.. I personally play it conservative and would start with 275/350#'s. However, if you're feeling that confident you have it in you then you have my blessing on the 280/360 :)

ONE QUESTION: You mentioned German Loading Pattern #2. Did you mean #1?

Was eagerly awaiting your update so glad I logged in. This is terrific..
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Well I really appriciate it Rob.... And maybe it's the tbol trib kickin in :wink: but I'm very confident I can fudge the numbers just a little, with no problems 8)....
So I'm gonna go with 280 and 360 then :) .... I can't wait to tear this run a new one boys!!! I'm cocked, locked, and ready to ROCK!!! LOOK OUT, the tsunami's comin!!!