Linkiroth gets strong, Blueprint Journey part I.

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

Feast: DAY 17

Feeling pretty sore after yesterday's squats. I may have to postpone GLP Bench workout #2 due to a lack of child care. We shall see.

Nutrition
Calories: 2358 (A bit low)
FAT: 43.9g (17%)
CHO: 272.2g (47%)
PRO: 212.3g (36%)

Liking the look of those macros... they're pretty close to my ideal.

Wifey got me some Do-Wins for my birthday (next week, but gave them to me a week early so I could squat in them sooner rather than later). They feel a little flimsy but most of what I've heard about them is great, we'll see how they work.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK man, GREAT work!!

Now what I'm reading here are signs... signs you absolutely, positively need to insert an extra rest day. Meaning if you're at a 1on/1off today, you need to move to a 1on/2off.

Periodically re-evaluate once every 10 days or so. If you need any assistance well, you know who to call... :)

Hope that helps!!
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

RobRegish wrote:OK man, GREAT work!!

Now what I'm reading here are signs... signs you absolutely, positively need to insert an extra rest day. Meaning if you're at a 1on/1off today, you need to move to a 1on/2off.

Periodically re-evaluate once every 10 days or so. If you need any assistance well, you know who to call... :)

Hope that helps!!
You're not kidding. Today was a huge indicator of that. I worked through my soreness and today, my bench paid the price.

Feast: DAY 18

I may very well do my squat day on Saturday, as planned, but I'll most certainly be inserting another rest day after each squat day, if not after each and every workout.

Nutrition
Calories: 3051 kcal (May eat some more later)
FAT: 96.2g (29%)
CHO: 292.1g (39%)
PRO: 244.9g (33%)

GLP Bench workout #2
Bench Press
120 x 10 (Felt surprisingly heavy)
145 x 8
155 x 6 (Slight twinge in my left elbow)
175 x 6 (First rep nearly crushed me, the other five flew up.)
185 x 6 (Last rep was noticeably slower than the rest, minor pain in left elbow)
205 x 4 (Nearly missed rep 4, pain in both elbows)

Weighted pullup
25 x 3 x 3

EDT Block #1 - 8:53.7
Incline DB bench 55 x 6,6,6,6
Seated row 240 x 6,6,5,5

EDT Block # 2 - 6:20.6
Rope triceps pushdown 60 x 6,6,6,6
DB Biceps curl 30 x 6,6,6,6

Decline Bench static hold
255 x 20 sec
275 x 20 sec

I suspect it may be the static holds that are affecting my elbows, since after the second hold, my elbows were legitimately painful; I may drop them in favour of another exercise, we shall see. If I miss reps on my next bench workout, I may either lower my weight or simply drop bench from the equation in GLP 1 and figure out my run from there.
y0lked

Post by y0lked »

Static holds could be the culprit, but i think most people find them to aggravate the wrists rather than elbows. Are you taking a joint complex? Either way, that 205 x 4 for bench is lookin strong! Fix your elbow and you will get that with 225 easy man!
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

y0lked wrote:Static holds could be the culprit, but i think most people find them to aggravate the wrists rather than elbows. Are you taking a joint complex? Either way, that 205 x 4 for bench is lookin strong! Fix your elbow and you will get that with 225 easy man!
Thanks, I just started taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin from MASS today. I think the extra rest day will help too; my session today was a perfect example of why you should just listen when Rob puts in his .02.

Feast: DAYS 19 & 20

Yesterday I walked around DC for several hours. A little bit of sunburn, some museums and A LOT of walking. Next time I'll buy the day pass for the metro.

Today, I learned why everyone listens when Rob speaks. I also learned why people rave about do-wins. They're a great squat shoe. Honestly, it may have been the fact that I only had 40 minutes until the gym closed and so I had to rush my rest periods, it may have been that I should have just taken an additional rest day, but either way, I didn't make my lifts today and I won't allow it to happen for another workout. Period.

Nutrition
Calories: 3558
FAT: 119.9g (30%)
CHO: 325.1g (36%)
PRO 297.4g (33%)

GLP squat workout #2
Squat
205 x 10 (Clean)
250 x 8 (Very strong)
270 x 6 (A little sloppy, I realized I needed to cram)
295 x 6 (Better than 270, honestly)
315 x 6 (None of them were grinders but it was a rough set)
345 x 3 (Couldn't get out of the hole on number 4)

That's all I had time for. I can't lift tomorrow, so I wanted to do it today since the next time I'll be ABLE to lift is Tuesday. Hopefully that bench workout goes better than the last two.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good man!!

Sometimes, we need to learn the hard way... !!! Something else, to help you...

Padded Hand Grips: For your Static Contraction Holds!!!
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/ ... php?t=1294

A. Solution? Delivered*...

https://www.newgrip.com/indexGloves.html

Padded Hand Grips:

"Once you start pressing the heavy iron your hands and wrists will really appreciate some extra cushioning. One of my customers, Alan Trombetta, makes the best padded hand grips for pressing exercises. I’ve never seen their equal. (Yet they are really inexpensive.) Buy them and you’ll press more weight, it’s as simple as that".

* Suggested use protocol; Hold a maximal weight, for 5 seconds in the strongest range of the given movement. Ideally, two such holds with at least 5 minutes rest, between sets. I rest 5min between warmups, 10 or more prior to my max static hold!!

Recall the CNS recovers MUCH slower, than the ATP/Phospocreatine pathway (about 3 minutes for the latter). The former Soviet teams waited up to 20 min (or more!!), prior to their 1RM attempts!!

You really have to hand it to that, "Mixelflick" character... :) He does his homework, and went so far as to make this a "sticky", such that you wouldn't miss it!!

Then again, if YOU're having trouble finding it.. w/my help, imagine the cranial conundrum the pirates are having!!

BAWHAHAHA!!!

5Faces of Fear(tm), 4Life... :):):):):)
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

RobRegish wrote:Good man!!

Padded Hand Grips:

"Once you start pressing the heavy iron your hands and wrists will really appreciate some extra cushioning. One of my customers, Alan Trombetta, makes the best padded hand grips for pressing exercises. I’ve never seen their equal. (Yet they are really inexpensive.) Buy them and you’ll press more weight, it’s as simple as that".

* Suggested use protocol; Hold a maximal weight, for 5 seconds in the strongest range of the given movement. Ideally, two such holds with at least 5 minutes rest, between sets. I rest 5min between warmups, 10 or more prior to my max static hold!!

Recall the CNS recovers MUCH slower, than the ATP/Phospocreatine pathway (about 3 minutes for the latter). The former Soviet teams waited up to 20 min (or more!!), prior to their 1RM attempts!!

You really have to hand it to that, "Mixelflick" character... :) He does his homework, and went so far as to make this a "sticky", such that you wouldn't miss it!!

Then again, if YOU're having trouble finding it.. w/my help, imagine the cranial conundrum the pirates are having!!

BAWHAHAHA!!!

Thanks, Rob. I've been using wrist wraps during my static holds; the callouses don't bother me but I was planning on picking up some of those "gloves" if I start doing rack pulls. Thanks for the support, 5FoF. You guys are the best.

Oh! so as not to double post, I am now taking:

3 Kre-Anabolyn per day
3 Multi-Lift per day
3 Glucosamine/Chondroitin per day
1 Scoop Controlled Labs Orange Oximega Greens
4g Gamma GH before bed

Cellucor C4 pre workout (when necessary)
The Formula (Considering adding BCAA loading protocol 2) intra/post workout
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

Didn't track calories today but I did take some body stats this morning.

Weight 177.7lb
BF: 14.9%

The numbers are trending in the right directions, let's hope they keep it up.

Also, just for my own reminder, my supplement inventory:

Opened
1 Multi-Life
1 Glucosamine/Chondroitin
2 Kre-Anabolyn
1 Gamma GH
1 CL Oximega Greens
1 90svg Xtend
1 Karbolyn
1 Leucine
1 Creatine
1 GPA
1 Fructose
1 Cellucor C4
~2lb hydrolyzed whey
~4lb Recovery protein mix
~4lb Maltodextrin

Unopened
6 Kre-Anabolyn
2 Burn it up
2 Adaptogen N
3 Gamma GH
2 Mass Pro Amino
1 CL Oximega Greens
1 Alkaplex Greens
1 Leucine

Non BP supps
2 ON HydroBuilder
2 IntrAbolic
2 ON AmiN.O. Energy
2 Superpump 250
1 CL Purple InTrain
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Linkiroth wrote:
RobRegish wrote:Good man!!

Padded Hand Grips:

BAWHAHAHA!!!

Thanks, Rob. I've been using wrist wraps during my static holds; the callouses don't bother me but I was planning on picking up some of those "gloves" if I start doing rack pulls. Thanks for the support, 5FoF. You guys are the best.

Oh! so as not to double post, I am now taking:

3 Kre-Anabolyn per day
3 Multi-Lift per day
4g Gamma GH before bed

Rack pulls are the ONE exception, maybe..

If you're looking to strengthen your grips on this exercise, they're FANTASTIC!

If just going for overload, use the straps. Time and a place for each, as they say... :)
Linkiroth

Recovering the fumble

Post by Linkiroth »

Feast: DAYS 21-23

Well, I took Rob's advice and it looks like I recovered the fumble. I think the spotter touched the bar on my last set but he swears his hands were never on the bar. I guess only the next weeks will tell.

I don't have much time to write so I'll let the numbers do the talking.

Nutrition
Calories: 2610kcal
FAT: 80.2g (28%)
CHO: 264.1g (40%)
PRO: 208.4g (32%)

GLP Bench workout #3 (abbreviated)
Bench Press
120 x 10
155 x 8
175 x 6
185 x 4
200 x 4
210 x 4

Stretch position cable low row
160 x 2 x 5
y0lked

Post by y0lked »

Schweet bench pressing on the GLP! How do you like the new adaptagen?
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

y0lked wrote:Schweet bench pressing on the GLP! How do you like the new adaptagen?
Thanks for the support!
What new adaptogen? I'm still only taking KA but will start AN and BIU when I feel they become necessary.
y0lked

Post by y0lked »

Linkiroth wrote: Oh! so as not to double post, I am now taking:

3 Kre-Anabolyn per day
3 Multi-Lift per day
4g Gamma GH before bed

Isnt kre-anabolyn an adaptogen?
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

y0lked wrote:
Linkiroth wrote: Oh! so as not to double post, I am now taking:

3 Kre-Anabolyn per day
3 Multi-Lift per day
4g Gamma GH before bed

Isnt kre-anabolyn an adaptogen?
Oh yeah! I've been taking it since day 1 and so far, I think it's great.