Justin's 2nd BP RUN

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You just boil it for like 10min in chicken broth.

My wife knows, I don't :)
Justin

Post by Justin »

lmao does it taste any goood??!? looks not the greatest
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You know it's actually not bad!

Very bland but that's a good thing because it flavors well. Try broths of various sorts, tomato sauce etc.. You're limited only by your imagination or your GF/wife's abilities.

If you don't have a GF, I'd recommend one just for this purpose. They can do amazing things with food. Like cook and such.
Justin

Post by Justin »

HAHA I have one but shes not a good cook :p lol by the way i just tried some and they taste pretty good just as seeds...

My little recipe was Add 1/4 of a cup to some greek yogurt add some fruits and half a cup of whey ( stawberry) taste delicious... just I'm not sure how many quiona seeds i should add

My workout today was pretty good I hit 7 reps with 215 on bench i was only suppose to do 2-4 which was crazy I think the spotter I had helped me for a few reps because that was crazy!! next workout Im going for my 1 rep max Im hoping it to be around 225-235 pounds!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Awesome, awesome work. That's a HUGE jump for reps.

Very big. Bodes well for MAX day :)
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Congrats on thoese new PR's Justin , get used to it!

Quinoa is awesome.

I take the seeds and toast them in a skillet then boil in broth

Then I make a Quinoa Rissoto (onions , garlic, asparagus, Parmesan and a does of half and half) , my kids cant get enough of this and I get to eat a bona fide super food
Justin

Post by Justin »

Thanks guys!! I'm gonna try and toast the quiona and adding it to broth see how it works :) thanks for advice. But how much quiona i enough for around 30-60 carbs?!?

another thing i was wondering is whatys the ebst time to have fruits throughout your day?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Not clear on the amount, should be on the label? I don't have any handy otherwise I'd look for you.

On the fruits, they're best consumed alone with a protein drink. I keep them away from solid food meals as a snack. Too much glucose in the blood + lots of fructose means the fructose (from fruit), may be stored as triglyceride (fat) vs. replenishing liver glycogen - it's intent.

Hope that helps!
Justin

Post by Justin »

Yep helps a lot thats exactly what i was wondering! so After a workout i always add waxymaize to my protein shake now I'll add a banana or apple aswell!

Tomorrow I'm going to my 1 rep max workout Can't WAIT!!!
Justin

Post by Justin »

Okay So I just completed my workout and it wasawsome! I was able to hit my 1RM on bench as 245 easy so then i tried 275 and I needed a litttle spot to complete the rep but I'm super happy with results and I'll place my 1 rep max at 255! and on deadlift i was able to push 365 but i struggled a lot on way down! :D

Okay so now that I have my 1RM's I'm starting my GLP correct? Should my EDT blocks change at all or just my GLP? :?:
RyannayR

Post by RyannayR »

Nice work! Weren't you shooting for 225 in the beginning? That's a big increase in a short time!
Justin

Post by Justin »

RyannayR wrote:Nice work! Weren't you shooting for 225 in the beginning? That's a big increase in a short time!
HAHA thanks man I was aiming for 225 for 10 reps though I'm still no where near that but soon I hope to achieve it :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

CONGRATULATIONS!

Yes, you can change your EDT block exercise template now. Good for the mind and body :)
Justin

Post by Justin »

thanks! for GLP i still train 3 times a week and bench/deadlift 3 times a week aswell correct?